[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of curiousity, what is.....

Big Country

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Irish, you are being moranic. We all know what pi is and we also all know that 22/7 is only an approximation of pi (something that your first post on the subject clearly indicates that you did not know).

Your :D post was a little deceiving as I wasn't sure what you knew or didn't know. I'm sure there are huddlers on here that don't know what pi is.

I like you Wieg, but you can't be serious?!?!? So you're telling me that I understood that there was no perfect whole number for pi being that there is a decimal answer that is continuous and that knowing that, I wouldn't understand that 22/7 would be anything more than as close as we could get as a fraction for pi? Come on Wieg, I know you're better than that. It was me that brought up the point that pi is represented by a decimal and a fraction and that the fraction isn't right on, rather it's an estimate by posting the link to Wiki.

Your :D post was a little deceiving as I wasn't sure what you knew or didn't know. I'm sure there are huddlers on here that don't know what pi is.

I like you Wieg, but you can't be serious?!?!? So you're telling me that I understood that there was no perfect whole number for pi being that there is a decimal answer that is continuous and that knowing that, I wouldn't understand that 22/7 would be anything more than as close as we could get as a fraction for pi? Come on Wieg, I know you're better than that. It was me that brought up the point that pi is represented by a decimal and a fraction and that the fraction isn't right on, rather it's an estimate by posting the link to Wiki.

I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory. Dude get off Wiegie. That's not cool at all.

I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory. Dude get off Wiegie. That's not cool at all.

:D

Making mountains out of mole hills is no fun.

What you got something against mountains or mole hills? That's just classic geoisim right there. You are lucky AL sharpton doesn't see this.

Ah, now we're back on course.

I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.

Nostrils flaring, I lower my head. My horn, like some phallic symbol of my potent virility, is the last thing you see as skulls collide and mine remains the victor. You are now a bloody red ragdoll suspended in the air on my mighty horn.

It's more fun cybering with Vicky. Wait...you are Vicky :D.

Nostrils flaring, I lower my head. My horn, like some phallic symbol of my potent virility, is the last thing you see as skulls collide and mine remains the victor. You are now a bloody red ragdoll suspended in the air on my mighty horn.

It's more fun cybering with Vicky. Wait...you are Vicky :D.

My insides turn to celery as I unleash my warm and sticky cauliflower of love.

and no i'm not. But it's more fun cybering with you.

I'm not really sure what you are rambling on about, but you wrote the following:

I thought you might be refering to pi with this response. You know 22/7. But then realized the numbers were slightly off as pi would start out- 3.1428571

so it is clear that you didn't understand something

Now, as for me knowing something or not knowing something--from now on it would be in your own best interests to just assume that if I make a post about something then I know what I am talking about. (and that goes for the rest of you too) :D

:tup:

I'm not really sure what you are rambling on about, but you wrote the following:

Now, as for me knowing something or not knowing something--from now on it would be in your own best interests to just assume that if I make a post about something then I know what I am talking about. (and that goes for the rest of you too) :D

That's why I added the Tropic of Wiegie to all of my maps.... in crayon.

I like you Wieg, but you can't be serious?!?!? So you're telling me that I understood that there was no perfect whole number for pi being that there is a decimal answer that is continuous and that knowing that, I wouldn't understand that 22/7 would be anything more than as close as we could get as a fraction for pi? Come on Wieg, I know you're better than that.

:D why don't you just admit you were wrong, irish? you thought pi was 22/7 ("...the numbers would start out- 3.1428571").

:D:tup:

Now I understand what you were saying. I wasn't confused about pi or what it is, the thing that I didn't understand was if Sun was trying to mock Grits with his 3.1467985695407506563756356.... number or if he was refering to pi. :D:D

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609...

:doh:

I thought you might be refering to pi with this response. You know 22/7. But then realized the numbers were slightly off as pi would start out- 3.1428571

Does that clear things up for you Wieg?

Edited by irish

This must be the new math all the kids talk about. They probably figure out how many sides to a triangle by dividing 21 by 7.

I wish I was in school today...I would steal all their lunch money.

:D:tup:

Now I understand what you were saying. I wasn't confused about pi or what it is, the thing that I didn't understand was if Sun was trying to mock Grits with his 3.1467985695407506563756356.... number or if he was refering to pi. :D:doh:

umm, no. he posted pi correctly out to like a hundred decimal places. then you came by and "corrected" him with information that was simply wrong. and rather than just say "oops", you're.....well, being you.

umm, no. he posted pi correctly out to like a hundred decimal places. then you came by and "corrected" him with information that was simply wrong. and rather than just say "oops", you're.....well, being you.

Incorrect Az. I'm still not really sure if Sun's number was meant to be pi or if it was meant as a joke. Therefore no need for a correction on my part toward him or for me to say oops for being wrong for posting correct information about pi. Secondly, my response to what pi is was to Wiegie who saw my post to Sun and posted a :D . So I wasn't sure what he then meant, so I posted what pi was and then found the Wiki link for it.

So let me be clear I was not trying to correct Sun for anything because if he meant pi by posting those numbers he was right. My original calculator numbers were off so then looked it up on the Wiki. :tup: Gotta read the whole thread kiddo. It was a good effort you hit it far but foul. :D

Edited by irish