[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any hockey fans?

Vicky

i actually like the shootout. I would rather watch a shootout and be on the edge of my seat the whole time than watch 5 minutes of overtime and have it end in a tie.

plus, you get to see stuff like

Fair enough, but then you can't call it's a game. It's a skills competition at that point. Individual efforts like that do not equal a team sport.

And I refuse to watch something with a Ranger doing good. lol

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for example, in the playoffs, i would rather see a shootout than watch 5 periods of overtime, and possibly fall asleep watching it because it takes forever

Wow, you suck. Playoff overtime hockey could be the most exciting sporting spectacle on the face of the earth.

i've watched and played hockey my whole life, and i love it.

for example, in the playoffs, i would rather see a shootout than watch 5 periods of overtime, and possibly fall asleep watching it because it takes forever

Some of the best moments in sports history have been playoff overtime goals. You have lost all credibility with me sir! :D

Truer words have never been spoken. There is nothing worse than watching two teams get ultra conservative at the end of a game just to make sure they get the point.

Absolutely. I think I'd rather see them ditch the OTL point before the SO. As much as I hate the SO, seeing them play like bored little girls in the OT just to get to the shootout knowing they have a point either way... that's lame as hell.

Wow, you suck. Playoff overtime hockey could be the most exciting sporting spectacle on the face of the earth.

I love watching the playoffs on Center Ice on nights when 3 different games are in multiple OT periods. Good stuff!

Some of the best moments in sports history have been playoff overtime goals. You have lost all credibility with me sir! :D

some games are great, but if one team is playing a neutral zone trap for a couple periods, it gets boring

Of course, there are great moments and great games, but there is a select few that aren't

Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if they offer a Center Ice package for the playoffs? This is the first year I went without, it was between the CIP and a new big screen t.v. I went with the t.v. and now I cant stand it. I need my fix and I refuse to go without it during the playoffs.

Not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if they offer a Center Ice package for the playoffs? This is the first year I went without, it was between the CIP and a new big screen t.v. I went with the t.v. and now I cant stand it. I need my fix and I refuse to go without it during the playoffs.

Don't know if it's "Playoff Specific", but they'll give you a reduced rate if you call to order now. You should be able to do a bit of negotiating as well to get a better deal.

some games are great, but if one team is playing a neutral zone trap for a couple periods, it gets boring

Of course, there are great moments and great games, but there is a select few that aren't

There has never been an overtime playoff game that wasnt great. The winning goal is one thing. But the edge of you couch suspense of every pass, dump in, or shot on net is exhaustingly fantastic. Be it in 5 minutes or 5 periods.

We have a fantasy hockey league made up of huddler's, so there are at least 12 of us.

I have been meaning to ask someone about that. Do you usually have openings every year? Maybe a waiting list? My 10 year league disbanded this year and I need another.

never mind. Thanks Hugh.

Edited by Cameltosis

They usually only drop the price for Center Ice halfway through the season. Since we're well past that now, you could be paying a LOT of money for 2 rounds of playoffs (I believe the last 2 are all covered by NBC or VS). But it wouldn't hurt to call and ask anyway. :D

BTW - Does anyone else find Versus to be a stupid name for a tv network? I get the cuteness behind it and I get that not everything they cover it outside, but OLN was much cooler.

They usually only drop the price for Center Ice halfway through the season. Since we're well past that now, you could be paying a LOT of money for 2 rounds of playoffs (I believe the last 2 are all covered by NBC or VS). But it wouldn't hurt to call and ask anyway. :D

BTW - Does anyone else find Versus to be a stupid name for a tv network? I get the cuteness behind it and I get that not everything they cover it outside, but OLN was much cooler.

Not sure how American TV works, is there anyway that you could nab a handful of CBC stations? If you get the BC, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec feeds, there's about 4 playoffs games right there. CBC and TSN do a really good job putting Canadian playoff hockey on the air.

Not sure how American TV works, is there anyway that you could nab a handful of CBC stations? If you get the BC, Alberta, Ontario and Quebec feeds, there's about 4 playoffs games right there. CBC and TSN do a really good job putting Canadian playoff hockey on the air.

Not as far as I know, unless you live close to the boarder, or you have a reaaaaally strong antenna. Or find a way to tune in one of those huge satellite dishes. :D The sports channel package that DirecTV has doesn't include TSN or CBC. And even if they did, the games on them would be blacked out because the league likes it's money from Center Ice subscriptions. Party poopers.

I wish we could. I miss CBC dearly since I moved to Chicago. And VS sucks. They give you a couple games a week and usually they are crap. Who wants to watch the Bruins and the Avs when Detroit is playing Nashville for tops in the West? Stupid. And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt NBC only offer games on the weekend?

There has never been an overtime playoff game that wasnt great. The winning goal is one thing. But the edge of you couch suspense of every pass, dump in, or shot on net is exhaustingly fantastic. Be it in 5 minutes or 5 periods.

well personally, i would prefer the edge of your seat excitement of a shootout. Unless the overtime is filled with scoring opportunities constantly. just my opionion

I say good day to you sir! :D

i love overtime games too, but like i said before, if a team plays a trap, it's not as exciting as a shootout

i love hockey, period. whether its a shootout or overtime

Edited by dabuffbills