[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any hockey fans?

Vicky

Until he turned into a big fat wuss here, Simon was seen as a hero in Washington because he was tough. Now the Caps boards are lit up with speculation on how long he should be gone for and comparing it things like the McSorley and Hunter incidents. That wasn't tough, that was chicken sh!t. It actually looked like he was going for the throat, which is even scarier.

IMO the league f-ed up with letting Bertuzzi come back after the lockout. They should do it right this time and sit Simon for good. At the very least, the rest of this season, the playoffs, and all of next season.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an islander fan and I think simon should miss rest of season or longer ...that was a disgrace

+1

he better sit out the rest of the season. if it was an accident, i could understand, but that was blatant and Simon is a goon

oh...and the Rangers won :D

Until he turned into a big fat wuss here, Simon was seen as a hero in Washington because he was tough. Now the Caps boards are lit up with speculation on how long he should be gone for and comparing it things like the McSorley and Hunter incidents. That wasn't tough, that was chicken sh!t. It actually looked like he was going for the throat, which is even scarier.

IMO the league f-ed up with letting Bertuzzi come back after the lockout. They should do it right this time and sit Simon for good. At the very least, the rest of this season, the playoffs, and all of next season.

He won't get that much, Campbell's too much of a Rosie O'Donnell. He'll get the rest of the regular season, maybe the playoffs as well, but I don't think so.

VERY good that he wasn't seriously hurt. It sucks though that people will use that as an argument to reduce the suspension.

Gotta love this. In the ESPN writeup, Simon only expresses remorse over causing the team to be shorthanded.

"I feel bad for taking a penalty that led to us losing the game," said Simon, who cut his remarks short. "I think I'll wait until I talk to the league office, and then I'll answer all questions afterward. I've always been known as a team guy, and I feel real bad about letting the team down."

What crap! The dude lost his hearing for a few minutes! But Simon's just sorry he was penalized. Lame!

Full writeup.

VERY good that he wasn't seriously hurt. It sucks though that people will use that as an argument to reduce the suspension.

Gotta love this. In the ESPN writeup, Simon only expresses remorse over causing the team to be shorthanded.

What crap! The dude lost his hearing for a few minutes! But Simon's just sorry he was penalized. Lame!

Full writeup.

Actually, given the situation and the possible implications, it's a pretty smart response.

Actually, given the situation and the possible implications, it's a pretty smart response.

I guess. But maybe a "I'm sorry he got hurt" or something? But instead it's all what a swell team guy he is and he's sorry he let the team down.

I'm sorry I ever liked the guy. The very first game I went to, he scored the game winner and OT and he stayed one of my favorite because of that Caps until he left. I take it back! lol My husband wants to small the bobblehead we have of him. I think we should video it. :D

I guess. But maybe a "I'm sorry he got hurt" or something? But instead it's all what a swell team guy he is and he's sorry he let the team down.

I'm sorry I ever liked the guy. The very first game I went to, he scored the game winner and OT and he stayed one of my favorite because of that Caps until he left. I take it back! lol My husband wants to small the bobblehead we have of him. I think we should video it. :D

i didn't know they made bobbleheads for crappy players :D

gutless :D

but still, IMO, not nearly as bad as some of the goonery people are comparing it to (like mcsorely on brashear).

what if he was more seriously injured, then would it be as bad?

Hollweg was very lucky. If he would have gotten hit in the eyes of the neck or something, it could have done major damage. just because it wans't a serious injury doesn't mean it wasn't as bad as McSorley

the more i see plays like simon's last night , the more i really do not care to see marginally talented individuals such as himself even have a place in hockey. i have always enjoyed a good hockey fight, but if the ability to throw punches is the only reason guys like him have jobs then the rules need to be addressed.

i may be off the mark here but some of the recent talk leading up to the trade deadline was how teams like pittsburgh for example need some protection for malkin and crosbey, or at least have the threat of an available goon (in pittsburgh's case it is now larouque)sitting on the end of the bench waiting to beat someone up. the new nhl is starting to remind me in somways of the 1980's nhl, when teams had players like Dave Semenko , who's sole job was to destroy anyone who looked at Gretzky, and Chris Nilan who protected the skilled guys on the canadians. again just the humble opionion of a the resident leaf fan.

also hugh here is all you need to know about about how canada won the 87 canada cup :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8gr7_dbDIM

Edited by The Darkside

i didn't know they made bobbleheads for crappy players :D

lol! Well like I said earlier, Simon was a bit of a hero in DC for a little while. He may have sucked, but he was tough (for a little while), and that made him a fan favorite. And the bobblehead was a giveaway one night anyway. Sucky player on a sucky team = free bobbleheads!!

gutless :D

but still, IMO, not nearly as bad as some of the goonery people are comparing it to (like mcsorely on brashear).

I think it was worse. It was directly to the guy's FACE! Or maybe even throat. To me, it looked like he was aiming for the throat, which is even more vicious and dangerous. At very close range, no less.

I think it was worse. It was directly to the guy's FACE! Or maybe even throat. To me, it looked like he was aiming for the throat, which is even more vicious and dangerous. At very close range, no less.

worse?! the guy was coming right at him, trying to sort of go low to avoid the hit from simon. simon took a cheap shot on him, no doubt, and deserves at least a 10 game suspension, preferably longer. but to compare that to mcsorley...who took several strides to skate up behind brashear, and with the guy not looking at all, take a sledgehammer swing with his stick straight to the guy's melon. i'm sorry but that is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard. more danger, more premeditation, more gutlessness, clearer intent to injure. they are not even in the same ballpark, let ALONE simon's being worse. :D