[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mortgage Companies Suck

spain

How long have you had this delusion that most help desk/"customer service" people don't belong flipping burgers somewhere?

Dude, people in India and Pakistan don't eat burgers.

I wish I'd stayed at SunTrust instead of moving to National City Mortgage when I closed last year. A good friend of mine worked at NCMC and helped me out big time with everything, but was laid off the day after we closed because of the downturn in real estate. Since then, it's been hassle after hassle. I can't wait to refi back with SunTrust in a year or two because I also closed when the rates were peaking.

uh, if you are convinced that paying an extra month's worth of payments each year is a good thing, why don't you just increase the amount of your monthly payment by an extra 8 1/3% and be done with it?

That's what I do.

I am just pissed that they try to gouge me, for a service that actually benifits them as much or more than it does me.

It doesn't benefit them - when you pay fewer interest dollars over the life of a loan, their profit goes down.

If I remember correctly, spain locked in at a pretty good interest rate. Therefore it would definitely be better for his mortgage company if he paid off that loan as soon as possible so that they could reloan those funds out to somebody else at a higher interest rate.

It doesn't benefit them - when you pay fewer interest dollars over the life of a loan, their profit goes down.

Bingo! If more and more people start doing this(the extra payment) it goes towards the principle and not the interest, therefore they're losing the interest money for not just Spain, but ALL who choose to do this.

That means BIG money, so what better way to dissuede someone from doing this than to make up some bullsh*t charge. You did what they wanted you to do Spain, but you can still screw them their bbeloved interest by paying extra towards the principle. GIVE IT TO EM HARD AND ROUGH!!