[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where does McGahee rank now that he is a Raven?

9ersdude

:D

I don't know...Musa Smith re-signed for a year, and Billick seemed to really like throwng him in there. He was awesome at Geargia, and seemed to be biding his time behind Lewis.

No question McGahee will be the primary ball carrier, but whether he gets 15, 18, 22 or 25 carries a game is anyones guess at this point.

IM not sure how much better the line in Balt is now, than in Buffalo. Magahee simply isnt that great to begin with. I wouldnt touch him until round 2 at the earliest as my #2 back.

That's probably a pretty solid assessment. BAL's line sure isn't what it was when Lewis went off for 2000+, nor is the D - which helps the running game..

IM not sure how much better the line in Balt is now, than in Buffalo. Magahee simply isnt that great to begin with. I wouldnt touch him until round 2 at the earliest as my #2 back.

Im glad someone knows he isnt the next coming of Walter Payton just because he got traded. I agree 100% with this assesment.

That's probably a pretty solid assessment. BAL's line sure isn't what it was when Lewis went off for 2000+, nor is the D - which helps the running game..

IF Ogden returns for one more year, we will have a VERY good line this year. Jason Brown, Chris Chester and Adam Terry have all been drafted in the last two years and will see a ton of time this year. Add to that we now have no need to draft a RB, we may upgrade the line more in the draft. The Ravens have quietly added depth and young talent on that line. This is why they let two older O-Lineman walk this last week.

IF Ogden returns for one more year, we will have a VERY good line this year. Jason Brown, Chris Chester and Adam Terry have all been drafted in the last two years and will see a ton of time this year. Add to that we now have no need to draft a RB, we may upgrade the line more in the draft. The Ravens have quietly added depth and young talent on that line. This is why they let two older O-Lineman walk this last week.

Bull sh*t, the Ravens couldnt run the ball last yr, and the line wasnt opening up running lanes. You are a homer no doubt, but at least bring an honest assessment to the site. Not some rose colored glasses. And this time next yr everyone will know the Ravens overpaid for the average Magahee.

Bull sh*t, the Ravens couldnt run the ball last yr, and the line wasnt opening up running lanes. You are a homer no doubt, but at least bring an honest assessment to the site. Not some rose colored glasses. And this time next yr everyone will know the Ravens overpaid for the average Magahee.

I actually agree with Ryan here... :D

McGahee has never really impressed me outside of his first year playing in the league. These past two years he has shown little. He'll break a big play off three times a year for a long t.d. The rest of the plays he does nothing.

Mulitalo and Pashos are gone, the young guys move in. McGahee, unlike Jamal, will not need a shot to numb his ankle before each game.

Rumor is that Jamal will be on Dancing with the Stars next season since he seemed to work on his moves during the games so much the last two seasons.

Rumor is McGahee gets a 7 year deal worth $40.5 million and $7.5 up front. Looks to be a 4 year, $20.5 million deal that has 3 years on the end he will never see.

Rumor is also that McGahee is a very good back, but the reality is, he is VERY average. You shall see. Good luck with him, but thanks for the picks.

In terms of run blocking, I can tell you how the O-Lines compared last year. I don't have insight as to whether or not Baltimore's O-Line will improve this year, and of course, it always helps an O-Line when run blocking to have a quality running back to take advantage of their work.

These are the 4 categories used to rank O-Lines where I am getting my info from:

1. RB ypr

Bal = 3.78 ypr

Buf = 3.74 ypr

NFL Avg = 4.19 ypr

2. Power Rank - Percentage of runs on third or fourth down, two yards or less to go, that achieved a first down or touchdown. Also includes runs on first-and-goal or second-and-goal from the two-yard line or closer.

Bal = 59% (24th in the NFL)

Buf = 69% (11th in the NFL)

NFL Avg = 64%

3. Stuffed - Percentage of runs that result in (on first down) zero or negative gain or (on second through fourth down) less than one-fourth the yards needed for another first down. Since being stuffed is bad, teams are ranked from stuffed least often (#1) to most often (#32).

Bal = 26% (27th in the NFL)

Buf = 25% (20th in the NFL)

NFL Avg = 24%

4. 10+ - Percentage of a team's rushing yards more than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Bal = 14% (24th in the NFL)

Buf = 13% (26th in the NFL)

NFL Avg = 17%

Both O-Lines earned similar numbers last year. Buffalo's was significantly better in Power running. But other than that, both teams were very similar, and most importantly, well below the NFL average.

Again, you can make the argument "well if that O-line had a different RB, their numbers would be different" and that is of course true.

But based on these numbers, it does not appear that the O-line alone in Baltimore will suddenly vault McGahee to the top of the charts. Other factors may allow him to get better yards, but it won't be Balt's O-line that makes the difference.

Mulitalo and Pashos are gone, the young guys move in. McGahee, unlike Jamal, will not need a shot to numb his ankle before each game.

Rumor is that Jamal will be on Dancing with the Stars next season since he seemed to work on his moves during the games so much the last two seasons.

Have you ever seen McGahee run? :D

Unless the Ravens play the Jets next year, your going to see alot of dancing..

Edited by hause62

I think that getting away from Miami, NE, and the Jets will help. Pitt was tough on D under Cowher, but who knows how that will go with the new coach and the loss of Porter. And CLE and CIN were both near the bottom in total D last year.

Ahh, a fresh perspective that could prove to be true.

I think that getting away from Miami, NE, and the Jets will help.

Combined Mia/NE/NYJ allowed 109 ypg to opposing RBs.

Combined Pit/Cle/Cin allowed 116 ypg to opposing RBs.

I don't think 7 ypg is that much of a difference.

Perhaps you were talking about something other than rushing ypg however...

I think that getting away from Miami, NE, and the Jets will help. Pitt was tough on D under Cowher, but who knows how that will go with the new coach and the loss of Porter. And CLE and CIN were both near the bottom in total D last year.

He had is best games ever against the Jets....it was something about beating Vilma that made McGahee run hard those days.