[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Charger Uniforms

McBoog

Holy California Homo Batman! At least Hankk will like them... :D

Not bad, really. I don't like the idea of the white helmet (I am not in the Berman zombie camp of thinking those poweder blues-white helmets are good looking). I am a big NFL Uniform fanatic, and I thoguth their current one was pretty good. But these changes are pretty good actually, so long as they don't depart from that awesome Bolt down the pant stripe. If you want to look for badly redesigned uniforms, then look no farther than the Falcon, Cardinal, Buffalo or Viking designs.

Not bad, really. I don't like the idea of the white helmet (I am not in the Berman zombie camp of thinking those poweder blues-white helmets are good looking). I am a big NFL Uniform fanatic, and I thoguth their current one was pretty good. But these changes are pretty good actually, so long as they don't depart from that awesome Bolt down the pant stripe. If you want to look for badly redesigned uniforms, then look no farther than the Falcon, Cardinal, Buffalo or Viking designs.

I will throw Cincy and Seattle in with the bad uniform designs. The stripes are way overdone for Cincy and Seattle has too many colors (especially that bright lime green).

Edited by SteelerMurf

I will throw Cincy and Seattle in with the bad uniform designs. The stripes are way overdone for Cincy and Seattle has too many colors (especially that bright lime green).

Oof, good one.. I forgot to mention Cinci. I don't mind Seattle's new uniforms at all, but Cinci has a mess on their hands.

I liked the old Seattle uniforms myself. The new Chargers ones look pretty good.

Holy California Homo Batman! At least Hankk will like them... :D

Actually, I'm kinda ambivalent about them.

Now those powder blue ones on the other hand . . . :D

They're ok, but I don't like the white around the Bolt. It was better without it. It just looks cheap or forced.

Which of the 13 Bengals unifroms do you like the least? :D

Agreed, the white around the bolt makes it look cheap. I don't care for the numbers either, but all in all they are OK. Maybe the helmet will make that white look OK around the bolt.

In answer to your question, all 13 :D

So other than the helmet, why'd they even bother? :D Figures, every time I buy a new jersey, the team changes unis. Just bought an LT powder blue last year, not because I'm a Charger fan but because I'm an LT fan. :D

It pays to be a fan of Pitt, Oakland, Chicago, GB, Colts....etc

New uni's for the Chargers, but you know they'll be breaking out the powder blue's every time they play a MNF game.

I had heard they were working on new unis, but I kept thinking they would go back to a powder blue theme. Now I have to wait another 18 years to see if the powder blues come back!!! :D

Not bad, really. I don't like the idea of the white helmet (I am not in the Berman zombie camp of thinking those poweder blues-white helmets are good looking).

amen. lol @ pastel colors for a football uniform.

The uni change is minor IMO but the white helmet sounds stupid.

And lol @

"It's time, team President Dean Spanos said yesterday. We're looking to the future. This is a statement that the players want to make about the team and the future."

:D More like "This is a statement that we bought into the 'new unis = better chance at SB' BS"...not to mention "our noses are way up LT's butt."

Most uniform/logo changes of the past 20 years have sucked; this won't be the worst, but you can throw it on the turd heap w/the rest.

Edited by BeeR

What he said - it's not a redesign so much as a tweak. Shame they're losing the blue helmets though, I like that better than the white for sure.

What he said - it's not a redesign so much as a tweak. Shame they're losing the blue helmets though, I like that better than the white for sure.

Yeah, tweaks are great. Philli tweaked thieR design a few years ago, and it looks great IMHO.

The white helmet, though, just makes it seem like a throw back in a bad way, like a high school team who got them cheap and the color has nothing to do with the uniform color scheme. And the large numbers on the side are THE unique factor of a charger white helmet... if you lose that, why even bother?

I dont have a problem with them. Not much different than before. Kind of like when the Steelers modified their uniforms by changing from the block numbers and adding Steelers logo on the jersey.