[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tourney Official Thread

Vinatieri Is God

UCLA looks like they might be peaking. Kind of had a bump at the end of the regular season, and took some knocks in the first couple of rounds. Today they looked as good as any team has looked thus far in the tourney. Tremendous defensive performance.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida took care of business against Oregon as expected. Oregon hung tough as long as they could but just couldn't matchup with Florida's size. Pac 10 usually plays with more finesse than the other conferences but Oregon thugged it up today. That's not typically their style. They were just overmatched.

Florida took care of business against Oregon as expected. Oregon hung tough as long as they could but just couldn't matchup with Florida's size. Pac 10 usually plays with more finesse than the other conferences but Oregon thugged it up today. That's not typically their style. They were just overmatched.

Yeah - tough matchup for UO- Fla controlled the glass and Porter went stone cold. Fla just knows how ti get it done. UO is a finesse team no doubt-

you seriously gonna call out the Pac 10 as finesse?? ridculous, especially this year

ask anyone who plays UCLA or USC if they are finesse teams.

Wow. Epic meltdown for UNC.....

Yeah, we just quit running our offense and were content to jack up 3's. Really, really dissapointing. I was also really disappointed with our last shot in regulation. This was a young team and we almost had the maturity to make it to the final 4. So close....... The jump ball and the traveling call in overtime sealed our fate. I would have thought one of those 2 would have been Hibbert's 5th.

thank you Reyshawn Terry, Wes Miller. :D

Goodbye Brandan Wright, hopefully everybody else will be back.

Good season Heels. :D

Edited by billay

you seriously gonna call out the Pac 10 as finesse?? ridculous, especially this year

ask anyone who plays UCLA or USC if they are finesse teams.

You're treating it like a bad thing. What I meant by it is that in the Big East and ACC especially, everyone beats the hell out of each other all year. The refs have had a tendency to "let them play" per se. The Pac 10 does much less banging thereby creating a more finesse league. UCLA plays tremendous defense and they play it right. If Georgetown or UNC went to the Pac 10, they would end up with their guys fouling out every game.

It's one of the only things I have a problem with in college hoop. Depending on who is calling the game, dictates how teams can play. I'd like to see it more consistent.

You're treating it like a bad thing. What I meant by it is that in the Big East and ACC especially, everyone beats the hell out of each other all year. The refs have had a tendency to "let them play" per se. The Pac 10 does much less banging thereby creating a more finesse league. UCLA plays tremendous defense and they play it right. If Georgetown or UNC went to the Pac 10, they would end up with their guys fouling out every game.

It's one of the only things I have a problem with in college hoop. Depending on who is calling the game, dictates how teams can play. I'd like to see it more consistent.

Just hope the refs let the players play in the OhiO State vs. Georgetown matchup. Don't want to see either of the two big men get in foul trouble.

Understood- but yer view on the Pac 10 is old. The league this year, is much tougher and physical than the ACC or SEC. Outside of UNC, the ACC was soft thie year- there were some skilled teams like UVA, etc, but physical? banging? not even close. Same with the SEC - more skilled, perimeter oriented teams outside FLA with Vandy/Tenn . With UCLA/USC/Stan - much more physical than the ACC- and it ain't even close.

The Big East is physical- although outside of GT- that league was mediocre this year.

Similar to football- the 2 conferences that played the most consistent, had the most quality teams was

the SEC and Pac 10 - ACC, Big 10 and Big 12 following

Should be 2 excellent Final Four matchups- cannot wait

Here We Go ...

2 awesome matchups - both games should be exciting, and excellent matchups........

I like Gtown and I hate to say it, but the Gators will move on over UCLA.

Should be a fun day of college hoops though-

Cannot lose either way with there 4 schools........

first time seeing Green of GTown- absolute stud who will be a great NBA player-

Should be a great game tonight. Florida has gradually picked up the pace all tournament and played their best game vs UCLA but there is something about that OSU team that transcends logic. 2 freshmen in prominent roles, Oden being in foul trouble the last two games but not hurting them because they played 10 games without him early in the year, and everyone writing them off as Florida's final whipping boy. Plus they already had a "should have lost" game vs Xavier but somehow survived. Reminds me of the Steelers a couple years ago. Rothliesberger tackling that guy by the shoetops was fate in action. We shall see.

Obviously, VIG thinks this should be a great game tonight. I'm dreading the fact that, after tonight, we only have the NBA/NHL, golf and baseball to console us until NCAA football in August....

This year couldn't have finished any better for me. My Mountaineers win the NIT and my adopted team since 1982 win the big one baby! Life is good! :D

It must be convenient to have two teams in every sport. :D

Well that wraps it up boys....another successful tournament. Fewer upsets this year but I don't think anyone can argue the best team didn't win. Florida had stretches of lackadaisical play during the season and even had some minutes in the tourney where they were less than stellar, but to play at that level for the two most important games really says a lot about the boys from Disney. Ohio State battled and Oden finally looked like the monster everyone has claimed he will be but ultimately you can't shoot 15% from 3 point range in the college game and expect to beat the two time champs. Best of luck to him in the pro game. I think he'd look good in Celtic green.

Until next year....... :D

Well that wraps it up boys....another successful tournament. Fewer upsets this year but I don't think anyone can argue the best team didn't win. Florida had stretches of lackadaisical play during the season and even had some minutes in the tourney where they were less than stellar, but to play at that level for the two most important games really says a lot about the boys from Disney. Ohio State battled and Oden finally looked like the monster everyone has claimed he will be but ultimately you can't shoot 15% from 3 point range in the college game and expect to beat the two time champs. Best of luck to him in the pro game. I think he'd look good in Celtic green.

Until next year....... :D

The boys are from Gainesville...formely known as Hogtown.

Disney is a representative term for the whole state. I know where UF is.

I was only trying to help. I've never heard of Disney being the representative term for the state. So when univ of miami was a winning football program, they were the boys from disney, too?

I find you northerners confusing. Maybe this is why my wife confuses me.