[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

classless in nashville

Azazello1313

so this weekend, at the stars/preds game (that's NHL for those of you in NASCAR country), mike modano tied and then broke the record for goals by an american player with 502 and 503, respectively. you'd think this would at least be worth a mention on the PA in an american city. but nope, nothing. :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say it's classless so much as an extreme case of hockey ignorance in a city that should never have been awarded a team.

Really, outside of Spain, who even knows there's hockey in Nashville?

And :D for Modano, who we still love here in MN.

Edited by SeductiveNun

I wouldn't say it's classless so much as an extreme case of hockey ignorance in a city that should never have been awarded a team.

Really, outside of Spain, who even knows there's hockey in Nashville?

And :D for Modano, who we still love here in MN.

Ah, yes, home of the North Stars.

Nashville sucks. They're all a bunch of inbred goat humpers that jump on the hockey bandwagon when the team is winning. Hockey won't last in that City, as soon as the Preds start sucking ass again, the crowds will be gone.

Also, did you know there isn't an American born player in the top 45 NHL scorers this season? :D

And congrats to Modano. I remember when Mullen got his 500th as a Penguin, it was pretty cool. :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Also, did you know there isn't an American born player in the top 45 NHL scorers this season? :D

I wonder how long it will be before basketball goes the same way? :D Saw something the other day where a journalist suggested replacing the East-West Allstar game with an Americans vs Foreigners game. Interesting.

Check out baseball's number of foreigners too.

For the life of me, I can not figure out why we have hockey teams south of the PA border. It just ain't right that when people leave the arena and start their cars that they turn on the air conditioning.

On a related note, I would appreciate Huddlers pulling for the Clarkson University Golden Knights, the #4 seed, in the upcoming NCAA hockey tourny. :D

For the life of me, I can not figure out why we have hockey teams south of the PA border. It just ain't right that when people leave the arena and start their cars that they turn on the air conditioning.

On a related note, I would appreciate Huddlers pulling for the Clarkson University Golden Knights, the #4 seed, in the upcoming NCAA hockey tourny. :D

Holy crap!!! :D

There is another Clarkson grad on the board???!

As a Whaler fan, I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.

What's really sad is that he broke the record during a power play due to a cheap shot on Stephane Robidas by Jordin Tootoo that caused Robidas to be carried off on a stretcher.

We love Jordin Tootoo here in Milwaukee - big fan favorite.

Who in the world thought Nashville could somehow be a hockey town, I'll never know.

Congrats to Modano, though! :D

The NHL over expanded to make the 16 team playoff format more marketable. I remember a 21 team league with 16 making the playoffs.

Basically, if your city had an owner with a few $$$ and a good arena, you got a team. I'll never understand half the cities that have teams. However, with the salary cap in place, don't be surprised if within ten years some southern cities lose their teams to Canadian cities. Winnipeg, Quebec and a few others are dying for a team. The issue was never fan support, it was cost vs the gate receipts in Canadian $$$. That is no longer an issue.

Ok, I got the scoop on what happened from Pete Webber on the Preds radio this morning. Tootoo makes a LEGAL check of Modano. I dont think anyone disputes that fact Tootoo made a very legal play. Well, Stephen Robidas comes skating over to beat up Tootoo because he didnt think another teams player should be able to LEGALLY check one his teams star players. But when he came over, Tootoo was waiting on him with a vicious punch right to the grill! Tootoo was just defending himself against the obvious impending attack by Robidas! Robidas got his ass kicked by a much smaller bur fiestier player. Screw him. If he wants to come over and act like a goon, Tootoo has a little something for his ass!

What's really sad is that he broke the record during a power play due to a cheap shot on Stephane Robidas by Jordin Tootoo that caused Robidas to be carried off on a stretcher.

That is a f'n joke. Robidas was coming over to goon up on little Tootoo, but Tootoo was waiting for him with a straight right hand. You want to act like a goon, then you get whats coming to you. Its bad that Robidas got hurt, but it was his own fault.