Sign in to follow this  
Footballjoe

Vacation Cabins

My family and I plan on taking our vacation this year in North Carolina. We enjoy staying in cabins that are located in areas where we can hike, fish, swim and do a little horse back riding. I have been searching the net for a place but would like to find out first hand from anyone who has had an enjoyable stay somewhere. A few years pack we stayed in a place outside of Pittsburg. Although a very nice place, it was listed as being on the river. I guess techinally it was the closest cabin to the river but you had to hike a 1/4 mile through the woods to get to it. I was not happy about that. Anyhow, if you have a suggestion I would love to hear from you. Thanks

never stayed in NC, but I have used vrbo.com to rent places elsewhere and have never been disappointed.

FBJ, I will get with you later on this. My cousin took his family to a cabin in NC over X-Mas a couple years ago. He loved it. They showed me pics online of the place, I will try and see if I can get the link for you.

Google Valle Crucis Log Cabins. THey have a whole bunch of cabins to choose from. We have rented several. They are pricey, but most are absolutely beautiful.

Sounding good so far. Well, except that Lyme diesease. :D If I am not mistaken that can come from hot tubs. You can get stuff to put in them which should drastically reduce your chances of contracting it.

Edited by Footballjoe

Sounding good so far. Well, except that Lyme diesease. :D If I am not mistaken that can come from hot tubs. You can get stuff to put in them which should drastically reduce your chances of contracting it.

Lyme disease comes from wood ticks.

Also, be wary of opossums, as they can be vengeful creatures...

in areas where we can hike....

but you had to hike a 1/4 mile through the woods to get to it. I was not happy about that.

:D

I know what you are thinking. We like hiking but were expecting the cabin to be on the water. The brochure made it sound that way. We were expecting to cook out at the cabin, enjoy the river, etc without having to hike to it each time. We usually find trails were there are water falls to go hiking.

Lyme disease comes from wood ticks.

Also, be wary of opossums, as they can be vengeful creatures...