[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Could this be some good news for Turner owners?

tonyr0802

Getting some value for Turner is great but having him as insurance for the upcoming season IMO makes him worth keeping. I think AJ with a #2 is worth the risk! The Chargers should win the Super Bowl next season. I don't think you can say any more than they are a favorite. Too many things can happen in the playoffs (see last year's CHOKE) If they do a second round pick right now is not a big deal. Once again, in AJ we trust! That is a heckuva player you can get in round 2! If LT went down the Chargers would not miss a beat with Turner in there and possibly Sproles as a change of pace back. Could not disagree more! It would still be effective, but come on, LT is ireplacable!

I am a Charger fan, appreciate the optimism, but don't really agree with any of this. I still think they are the clear favorite to win the division and get back in the playoffs (who else, Broncos? :D maybe, they have improved... Chiefs? :doh: some talent but transitioning and I don't think Herm is the answer... Raiders? :D:tup: ), but they have not demonstrated an ability to win in the playoffs (I still feel it is the Marty factor, but that is to be determined!)

The last few Super Bowl champs have not been the clear choice going into the tournament and it is clear that the playoffs are a different gig altogether. Getting a chance is what is important. The Bolts have the talent now and should not give up an extra 2nd round pick for a player they may not use that much. The Chargers have some decent, hard running backups and enough variety of styles behind LT for Norv to play with. I say get the choice.

If we can get a high 2nd and it'll net the Chargers a good RB in the draft, I'd say do it.

Or if AJ can snag a good one elsewhere in the draft. Injuries happen and LT is no exception. He injured his ribs at the end of the previous season and was not effective. We must have a solid backup.

The Falcons didn't take a reduced price for their backup QB and neither should SD. At least a 2nd is what it should take.