Sign in to follow this  
AmericanMoose84

Trade offer

In my salary cap league.

Fairly basic scoring, 1 ppr.

We start 1 RB and 3 WRs.

My current RBs under contract as of right now are Warrick Dunn and Cadillac Williams.

My WRs are Marques Colston, Darrell Jackson and Steve Smith.

I was offered a trade of Cadillac and Smith for Chambers and McGahee. I would also gain about 2 million in cap relief.

I countered with D-Jax, Caddy and my 2nd for McGahee, Chambers and his fourth. He declined said it was to much of a salary hit.

I have already declined this offer once I just want to make sure Im not crazy. Any help is appreciated.

In my salary cap league.

Fairly basic scoring, 1 ppr.

We start 1 RB and 3 WRs.

My current RBs under contract as of right now are Warrick Dunn and Cadillac Williams.

My WRs are Marques Colston, Darrell Jackson and Steve Smith.

I was offered a trade of Cadillac and Smith for Chambers and McGahee. I would also gain about 2 million in cap relief.

I countered with D-Jax, Caddy and my 2nd for McGahee, Chambers and his fourth. He declined said it was to much of a salary hit.

I have already declined this offer once I just want to make sure Im not crazy. Any help is appreciated.

I think turning it down is the right move. Its hard to take the cap relief into account without knowing the cap and the roster sizes. But you would have to be really high on McGahee to make the move ...

You're not crazy. Even with the cap relief, giving him Caddy & S Smith for McGahee & Chambers would have given you a large hit in talent that you couldn't replace in a start 3 WR system.

Your counter was more than fair & in fact I think it leaned a bit in his direction. Sounds like he only wants to deal if he can really screw you.