Sign in to follow this  
AtomicCEO

I should of...

... Learned in school that the proper phrase is "I should have". "Should of" is never correct, and is used by people who spell what they misspeak. "Should 'ave" is merely slurred speech.

This is today's lesson.

Quiz from yesterday's lesson.

1) When I say "net-net", it means:

a. "the sum total of events"

b. "the effect of this is"

c. I am an idiot who uses jargon inappropriately

2) Requiring a return receipt on every email you send means:

a. I am paranoid

b. I don't know how to disable it in Outlook

c. You should shoot me in the face

3) When your balance is $175 on your credit card you should:

a. Pay $175

b. Let it ride

b. Realize that credit card balances are usually negative numbers, and go spend it.

... Learned in school that the proper phrase is "I should have". "Should of" is never correct, and is used by people who spell what they misspeak. "Should 'ave" is merely slurred speech.

This is today's lesson.

Quiz from yesterday's lesson.

1) When I say "net-net", it means:

a. "the sum total of events"

b. "the effect of this is"

c. I am an idiot who uses jargon inappropriately

2) Requiring a return receipt on every email you send means:

a. I am paranoid

b. I don't know how to disable it in Outlook

c. You should shoot me in the face

3) When your balance is $175 on your credit card you should:

a. Pay $175

b. Let it ride

b. Realize that credit card balances are usually negative numbers, and go spend it.

c, c, and b that should of been a c

They are all C but #2 should be D. I'll randomly send out a "Kid Cid has received your email" quickly followed by a "Kid Cid has read your email" to these shmucks. Makes them think they forgot about something they sent you. Also, having control of the email server means that I can occasionally turn on and then off a rule blocking these receipts for several hours/days at a time. If I'm feeling really vindictive, I'll just let them queue up for several hours and then have several hundred arrive all at once.

1) Being on the cutting edge of hipnicity sometimes means annoying the pedestrians... just wait three years, and they'll finally catch up... fo rizzle.

2) Return receipts on all of our e-mails is the greatest tool that Homeland Security has to protect us from Bin Laden. He's still out there yo. And he is opening all of our unread e-mails. :D

3) This is the greatest savings strategy since the matress... ROI's are for suckers. :D

They are all C but #2 should be D. I'll randomly send out a "Kid Cid has received your email" quickly followed by a "Kid Cid has read your email" to these shmucks. Makes them think they forgot about something they sent you. Also, having control of the email server means that I can occasionally turn on and then off a rule blocking these receipts for several hours/days at a time. If I'm feeling really vindictive, I'll just let them queue up for several hours and then have several hundred arrive all at once.

Most email programs allow you to decide on whether to send a receipt - I never allow it to go. Keeps them guessing.

ETA: More annoying are the idiots who set all their email to high priority.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Most email programs allow you to decide on whether to send a receipt - I never allow it to go. Keeps them guessing.

ETA: More annoying are the idiots who set all their email to high priority.

I also have a rule I'll run after I return from vacation. Anything with high priority and over 48 hours old is obviously no longer a high priority; I delete them without even reading them.

Same here.

... Learned in school that the proper phrase is "I should have". "Should of" is never correct, and is used by people who spell what they misspeak.

Wurd. :D

I also have a rule I'll run after I return from vacation. Anything with high priority and over 48 hours old is obviously no longer a high priority; I delete them without even reading them.

:D

I honestly was going to comment about the phrase "I should of" when I opened this thread. It was to my great displeasure that I found out Atomic already knew that this phrase was incorrect.

I honestly was going to comment about the phrase "I should of" when I opened this thread. It was to my great displeasure that I found out Atomic already knew that this phrase was incorrect.

You should of been more quicker.

I wonder what this guy thinks about this thread? :D

He must have been drunk when he created that screen name.

He must have been drunk when he created that screen name.

:D Tooshea (his former screen name)