[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe I was wrong about The Playmaker

Big F'n Dave

Michael Irvin made a brief visit to my hometown last week to visit a lifelong Cowboys fan with terminal cancer. I was on the golf course when his LearJet landed and he rolled out in the longest f'n limo I've ever seen. My wife writes for the local paper and rode with Irvin to visit the guy. Pretty classy gesture from a guy who rarely receives recognition as anything but a thug.

Yeah I agree he's just trying to create a more positive image of himself after being such an azzhat more often than not. Probably meant the world to the sick individual and it might look good to some but #88 probably has his own agenda.

Edit for comment: amazing how I've seen the f-word slip by the old filter (I guess it was off) but yet I had to fix azzhat because it comes out wascaly wabbit. :D:D

Edited by irish

PR move or not, the young man probably got the thrill of his doomed life.

Exactly, whether you love him or hate him, ulterior motives or not, Irvin did a nice thing for a kid who doesn't have much to live for. Leave it at that.

Exactly, whether you love him or hate him, ulterior motives or not, Irvin did a nice thing for a kid who doesn't have much to live for. Leave it at that.

That's just the point! Did Irvin do this trying be nice or was there another reason he did it like trying to show himself in a better light. If it was strictly a PR move, it couldn't be more opposite from what you're saying.

nice move mike.

:D

(he reads these boards)

:D

Edited by irish

:D (the really bad word)in' crazy

:D:D:tup::doh:

wascaly wabbit

That's just the point! Did Irvin do this trying be nice or was there another reason he did it like trying to show himself in a better light. If it was strictly a PR move, it couldn't be more opposite from what you're saying.

Do you think the kid cares that Irvin wants some PR (if he indeed had ulterior motives) out of this? Almost a guaranteed no. He was happy to see Mike Irvin, regardless of the why Irvin did it. The fact that Mike could be looking to better himself in the eyes of the public shouldn't make much difference because the fact of the matter remains the same.

Mike did a nice thing for a kid who is dying yet loves football.

Who cares why Mike did it. I don't think he should have to justify himself by refusing to publicize the story.

Do you think the kid cares that Irvin wants some PR (if he indeed had ulterior motives) out of this? Almost a guaranteed no. He was happy to see Mike Irvin, regardless of the why Irvin did it. The fact that Mike could be looking to better himself in the eyes of the public shouldn't make much difference because the fact of the matter remains the same.

Who cares why Mike did it. I don't think he should have to justify himself by refusing to publicize the story.

My thoughts have nothing to do with what this did for the kid, as I hope it made him happy that Irvin went to see him and it's obviously a great moment for that kid who doesn't have much time left to live.

I would agree that this would be a very nice gesture if LT did this or Romo slipped by the hospital to say hi as each of them would be doing it strictly for the kid and making him feel better.

However, I can't help think and feel that deep down inside Big Mike can actually care less about the kid but knows that doing this will make him look good and he can use this opportunity (visiting a sick kid) as a springboard towards making himself more money by having corp. execs. think,"Ahhh, Mike is a decent human being and cares for others let's give him a shot." :D

Edited by irish

I would tend to agree with this

:D Exactly

This sounds like a PR move from a guy drowning in his own crapola.

Its all about the pub.

Yeah I agree he's just trying to create a more positive image of himself after being such an azzhat more often than not. Probably meant the world to the sick individual and it might look good to some but #88 probably has his own agenda.

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you dont

I haven't read anything about this story from the national media, although admittedly, I haven't looked all that hard. I think Irvin should fire his publicist if the best PR he could get out of this story was a posting on a fantasy football board and a story in a hometown paper. Either that, or we can just give him credit for doing something genuinely nice.

Jim Rome was sayin the other day about being at a function and Irvin showed up out of the blue.......said Irvin talked to everyone, signed everything, stayed a long time answering cowboy questions....... was a pretty genuine guy that made time for everybody...........i almost started likin the guy...... :D

And you sound like a bitter twat rotting in your pointless drivel.

Wow, harsh. Of course it was a thrill for the kid, and I am happy that someone did something nice for the kid and made his day/week/life. I just thought the post was about someone being wrong about Irving. I stand by my oringal comment that he was not wrong about Irving. He is still a dumbass.

I haven't read anything about this story from the national media, although admittedly, I haven't looked all that hard. I think Irvin should fire his publicist if the best PR he could get out of this story was a posting on a fantasy football board and a story in a hometown paper. Either that, or we can just give him credit for doing something genuinely nice.

The voice of f'n reason. :D

Do you morans really think a front-page story in the Beauregard Daily News is great PR? :D The only reason I posted this was because I thought it was a pretty good picture of my wife with a HoF receiver. And they're both clothed in this one. :preemptive zing:

My judgement might be clouded by my dislike of a guy who has proven consistantly through his career that he is a selfish egomaniac. I thought this was interesting timing with his recent personal and employent problems. I was commenting more about the man and less about the act. But I digress. He did make a nice jesture regardless of his intentions. And it is a pretty cool thing for your wife to be involved in.

I was on the golf course when his LearJet landed and he rolled out in the longest f'n limo I've ever seen. My wife writes for the local paper and rode with Irvin to visit the guy.

so you were on the golf course while the playmaka was in the back of a limo with your wife snorting lines out of her cleavage.

pwn3d, bigtime :D