[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe I was wrong about The Playmaker

Big F'n Dave

My thoughts have nothing to do with what this did for the kid, as I hope it made him happy that Irvin went to see him and it's obviously a great moment for that kid who doesn't have much time left to live.

I would agree that this would be a very nice gesture if LT did this or Romo slipped by the hospital to say hi as each of them would be doing it strictly for the kid and making him feel better.

However, I can't help think and feel that deep down inside Big Mike can actually care less about the kid but knows that doing this will make him look good and he can use this opportunity (visiting a sick kid) as a springboard towards making himself more money by having corp. execs. think,"Ahhh, Mike is a decent human being and cares for others let's give him a shot." :D

everybody's right. You are a dick.

everybody's right. You are a dick.

And you're a pu ss y so go away before I have to f**k you up. :tup:

I made a simple point as did everyone else here. Nobody called anyone names as we're all entitled to our opinion and then you come along a call me a dick. I said it before and I'll say it again Irvin visiting the kid was great for the kid and was a smart move by Irvin as it looks good for him and could help him open up some job opportunities but I think we all know why he did it, at least part of the reason he did it.

Nothing of what I said deserved the comment you made, so zip it. You shouldn't be attacking a fellow Cowboy fan any way. Shame on you!!! :D:D

However, I can't help think and feel that deep down inside Big Mike can actually care less about the kid but knows that doing this will make him look good and he can use this opportunity (visiting a sick kid) as a springboard towards making himself more money by having corp. execs. think,"Ahhh, Mike is a decent human being and cares for others let's give him a shot." :D

deep down inside Big Mike?

c'mon man, nobody is cold enough to not care about a person dying of cancer. and who are you to judge if maybe he has taken a turn for good.

he does need, however, to do a lot more of these kind gestures to make up for subjecting us to all those god-awful fat ties and loud suits ...

deep down inside Big Mike?

c'mon man, nobody is cold enough to not care about a person dying of cancer. and who are you to judge if maybe he has taken a turn for good.

he does need, however, to do a lot more of these kind gestures to make up for subjecting us to all those god-awful fat ties and loud suits ...

That's what I'm saying...

I'm not saying that Irving doesn't feel for the kid just that he feels more strongly about his current situation and may see this opportunity more as a boost for his wallet versus as a boost for the kids morale. Either way, it worked out great for the kid!!

Wow, you've got it all figured out! Sounds like you know all the tricks when it comes to improving your image in the eyes of others. Good catch! :sarcastic grin:

And you're a pu ss y so go away before I have to f**k you up. :doh:

I made a simple point as did everyone else here. Nobody called anyone names as we're all entitled to our opinion and then you come along a call me a dick. I said it before and I'll say it again Irvin visiting the kid was great for the kid and was a smart move by Irvin as it looks good for him and could help him open up some job opportunities but I think we all know why he did it, at least part of the reason he did it.

Nothing of what I said deserved the comment you made, so zip it. You shouldn't be attacking a fellow Cowboy fan any way. Shame on you!!! :D:tup:

Have you met Michael Irvin? Have you spoken with him about this or are you just basing your opinion of why he did this on the fact that he got caught with illegal drugs before? Maybe it's b/c he was a pain in the ass on ESPN? What the hell opportunities will visiting a dying kid open up for you anyway?

For you to say that he visited this kid so he can get a job makes you sound like a dick. :D

Have you met Michael Irvin? Have you spoken with him about this or are you just basing your opinion of why he did this on the fact that he got caught with illegal drugs before? Maybe it's b/c he was a pain in the ass on ESPN? What the hell opportunities will visiting a dying kid open up for you anyway?

For you to say that he visited this kid so he can get a job makes you sound like a dick. :D

I'm Irvin's best friend, those were my drugs/paraphernalia he was hiding in his car that one time. I had a long conversation with him about visiting this kid and he said he was doing it strictly to improve his image. He told me he didn't know how much good it would do but that it would be a move in the right direction. :D And no, just because I commented that he was doing this to help improve his ability to get a job does not make me sound like a dick, it brings up a valid point that can be debated. You saying I sound like a dick makes you look like one and also makes it seem like you're just looking to start a fire. There were a couple other guys who also shared my feelings on this and you only called me a dick. Sounds like you have a little issue with me here. Put it to rest and move on. :tup:

I'm one of the more cynical people around, and it may have been partly for good PR, but people generally feel good about doing things like this, so i'm willling to give Irvin some of the benefit of the doubt. Although he's a donkey on TV, and has a huge ego like many star athletes, i've never got the impression that he was a total a-hole.

The kid died today. :D

That's a shame. :tup:

I'm waiting for Irish and the like to somehow say it's Michael Irvin's fault.

Still trying to figure me out satan huh? That would be foolish, if not just plain dumb to say that Irvin had something to do with the kid's death. :D