[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need a Little Help with Keepers

dgrande

I have to keep 6 of the following players. I realize that some of them are obvious, but I'm having problems finalizing my list.

QB's: Brett Favre, JP Losman

RB's: Ladanian Tomlinson, Fred Taylor, Brandon Jacobs

WR's: Reggie Wayne, Darrell Jackson, Vincent Jackson

TE: Jeremy Shockey

My problem is that I did great last year & I traded away my first round pick, so I do not have a [ick until the end of the 2nd round in a 16 team league.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We can either start:

1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's 1 TE

or

1 QB, 1 RB, 4 WR's (1 of the WR's can be a TE)

Scoring:

1 pt per 40 yds rushing or receiving

1 pt per 100 yds passing

2 pt per passing TD

4 pt per rushing / receiving TD

Edited by dgrande

We really need to know more about your league to give good advice - how many players per position must start, points per reception, scoring system, etc.

Without that knowledge, I would say keep:

LT

BJacobs

R.Wayne

D.Jax

J.Shockey

F.Taylor

Good luck.

We really need to know more about your league to give good advice - how many players per position must start, points per reception, scoring system, etc.

Without that knowledge, I would say keep:

LT

BJacobs

R.Wayne

D.Jax

J.Shockey

F.Taylor

Good luck.

That's not a bad list, but a couple of thoughts on it:

If your scoring system is 6 pt/all TDs & little to no penalty for INTs, I'd consider keeping Favre over Shockey. He scores very well in those systems and Shockey is lumped in with about 5-7 TEs who all score about the same and some of whom will probably be available in the draft after they are thrown back.

I'm not crazy about Taylor with Jones-Drew having such great success. I'd be sorely tempted to keep Vincent Jackson instead, since he's slated to be Rivers' primary WR (even though he is the #3 target on the team as of last year) and Rivers figures to improve with maturity. Jackson has the body, speed, & ability to be a #1 WR in the league, and he's hit the spot in his learning curve where he's going to start becoming more efficient & effective. If this is a ppr league, I would guess that keeping Jackson over taylor would be a slam dunk for me.

So I guess my answer hinges on your scoring & starting requirements. I'd say Taylor & Shockey are the most expendable at the end of the keeper list, and scoring and/or philosophy might lend keeping Favre and/or Jackson over either one or both.

Edited by Bronco Billy

It's not TE mandatory? That's a huge difference from conventional leagues that might have been a bit helpful to know.

Throw Shockey away no matter what.

That makes your only decision whether to keep 2 of Favre, Taylor, and Jackson. With your relatively very low scoring for QBs, you're going to see about 12 of them bunch together after Manning, Palmer, & Brees. I'd toss Favre, keep Taylor & Jackson, and find my QB tandem much later in the draft.

It's not TE mandatory? That's a huge difference from conventional leagues that might have been a bit helpful to know.

Throw Shockey away no matter what.

That makes your only decision whether to keep 2 of Favre, Taylor, and Jackson. With your relatively very low scoring for QBs, you're going to see about 12 of them bunch together after Manning, Palmer, & Brees. I'd toss Favre, keep Taylor & Jackson, and find my QB tandem much later in the draft.

The TE is mandatory if I want to start 2 RB's. The TE is only optional if I want to with only 1 RB.

My problem is that I did great last year & I traded away my first round pick, so I do not have a [ick until the end of the 2nd round in a 16 team league.

Can you make trades at this juncture of the season? Perhaps move Taylor to the MJD owner or Shockey to an owner with less obvious keeper options -- and NO TE to speak of whatsoever. This could allow you to recoup some of the picks you sorely need.

Can you make trades at this juncture of the season? Perhaps move Taylor to the MJD owner or Shockey to an owner with less obvious keeper options -- and NO TE to speak of whatsoever. This could allow you to recoup some of the picks you sorely need.

We have to announce our "keepers" by April 1st. We can begin trading after that takes place.

I just had a guy offer me an early 2nd round pick & move me up in the 3rd round for JP Losman. The problem with that is that I would have to ditch one of my other players to keep JP. Also, because of the keepers, that 2nd round pick is essentially a 8th round pick. I'm leaning away from this offer.

To be quite honest, I'm leaning toward keeping:

LT

Jacobs

Wayne

D-Jax

Vincent Jackson

Shockey

I realize that Shockey was a little disappointing last year, but he is still good for 5-7 TD's & that is better than most TE's.