[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Takeo Spikes and Kelly Holcomb traded to Philly

piratesownninjas

Patrick Willis ran two sub-4.4 40-yard dashes at his recent pro day. If he makes it to Buffalo, I think they HAVE to take him and roll the dice on an RB later. After all, they did spend a ton of money on the OL, so they theoretically can afford to play a less-than-elite runner.

that pro day has probably vaulted willis to a top 10 selection come draft time

Well at least Takeo will finally be on a playoff contender which is what he wanted 3 years ago when he left the Bengals. I think you have to be concerned as an Eagles fan as to what Takeo can give you. 9 year vets aren't exactly in their prime. Achillies injury two years ago... I dunno.

I love the trade - yea, Takeo's a long term vet, but that's what we have a lot of success with - taking a guy like that with Trotter, and pairing up with Gaither and Gocong plus some other younger guys, with Jones subbing.

Walker was expendable.

And getting a guy with some starting experience for your third string QB is never a bad thing. Eagles are going with a win it now mentality and I'm glad for it. Still a bit concerned at WR as not as sold on Curtis as others, but my 22 to 1 ticket I got in Vegas last week I'm real happy with.

I love the trade - yea, Takeo's a long term vet, but that's what we have a lot of success with - taking a guy like that with Trotter, and pairing up with Gaither and Gocong plus some other younger guys, with Jones subbing.

Walker was expendable.

+1

Not only was Walker expendable...he was most likely going to get cut as the odd-man out on the DL. With Patterson, Bunkley, Rayborn, and the newly acquired Reagor rotating at DT, Walker was more than expendable.

Unless you have an issue with the cap-space that Spikes takes up, there is really no downside to this deal (unless you were hoping Briggs was coming to Philly).