Sign in to follow this  
dmarc117

comp usa's closing

just picked up a new pc at a comp usa.....everything is on sale in the stores that are closing!!! 10-30% off....plasmas, laptops, ipods, printers, etc!!!!!

Puddy, go check out the one on Ford Rd. and let me know if there are any good deals there. :D

Puddy, go check out the one on Ford Rd. and let me know if there are any good deals there. :D

I saw the signs there last week. Meant to go in but haven't done so yet. I need a new harddrive for my pc.

Victory for NewEgg and Tiger Direct......and Best Buy.

Yeah, my Dad bought a 42" inch plasma for his home office and then one for the spare bedroom that was on sale at CompUSA just recently.

I asked why, he said why not...good to see he and I still share the same ideals. :D

Yeah, my Dad bought a 42" inch plasma for his home office and then one for the spare bedroom that was on sale at CompUSA just recently.

I asked why, he said why not...good to see he and I still share the same ideals. :D

:D He needs something to watch while taking a shower too. He needs another one.

Victory for NewEgg and Tiger Direct......and Best Buy.

Even after the discounts their PC components are still way more than Newegg...no wonder they're going out of business. Priced out a 150 watt CompUSA brand MicroATX PS for $69.99 ($48.99 after 30% off) and on Newegg a well reviewed 200 watt Atrix MicroATX PS is $28.64 after shipping. Also, when I was there last weekend the systems were only 5% off...lame! You have to wait until they're at least 50-70% off before its worth it and by that time it's so picked over you probably won't find anything.

Even after the discounts their PC components are still way more than Newegg...no wonder they're going out of business. Priced out a 150 watt CompUSA brand MicroATX PS for $69.99 ($48.99 after 30% off) and on Newegg a well reviewed 200 watt Atrix MicroATX PS is $28.64 after shipping. Also, when I was there last weekend the systems were only 5% off...lame! You have to wait until they're at least 50-70% off before its worth it and by that time it's so picked over you probably won't find anything.

i did notice that too....sign on the front of the store says everything 10-30% off...then some stuff was only 5%

:D

The point is the Co. isn't going out of business, so they probably shipped away the latest and greatest prior to the sales. It is a shame though, once in awhile they'd have really good deals on stuff.

$70 for a power supply? No wonder they're closing some stores....

"Can we also interest you in this 5 year service plan?" :D

Mine cost $120, was it a good deal?

only if it powers your vibrator effectively

only if it powers your vibrator effectively

:D