[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's april(almost)

Randall

DJ - Not that Swerski needs to be defended, or for the fact that Swerski probably doesnt want to be defended,...but You can't critize Swerski because the US government has made pot illegal and Swerski is following the rules. I understand you dont agree with US drug policy, but the reality is, whether you like it or not, that the Josh Gordon is illegal...regardless of whether pot or alchohol is more harmful, which IMHO is a whole different topic. Ricky broke the rules......Ricky gets punished. All this being said, I would really like to see Ricky the human being (not the NLF player) get control of his life so that he is happy and acheiving his goals...then I would like so see him come back to the NFL and kick some arse!

I understand that the NFL has a right to have this policy. I also understand that the government does as well. Its just the way things are. Swerski was making this a character issue about Ricky's smoking pot. I was simply suggesting that his own habits - such as drinking - are just as bad if not worse than Ricky's. People in glass houses shouldn't throw pots or kettles.

Edited by Duchess Jack

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swerski was making this a character issue about Ricky's smoking pot. I was simply suggesting that his own habits - such as drinking - are just as bad if not worse than Ricky's. People in glass houses shouldn't throw pots or kettles.

No, Swerski wasn't making this a character issue of Ricky smoking pot, per se. Swerski was making a character issue of Ricky smoking SO MUCH pot that he failed several drug tests at work and got suspended a couple of times.

No, Swerski wasn't making this a character issue of Ricky smoking pot, per se. Swerski was making a character issue of Ricky smoking SO MUCH pot that he failed several drug tests at work and got suspended a couple of times.

If prohibition was reenacted tomorrow, folk had ways of testing for alcohol months afterward and companies had similar policies to the NFL - half the nation would be unemployed.

Besides, your tone - as illustrated by the - ATTN POTHEADS: or whatever it is you wrote was certainly derogatory. Nobody is addressing you as a lush or wine-o. Granted, I am a pothead, but you seemed to be addressing everybody else who doesn't see the world as you do as well?

If prohibition was reenacted tomorrow, folk had ways of testing for alcohol months afterward and companies had similar policies to the NFL - half the nation would be unemployed.

No, they would simply stop drinking... or at least do it in a manner in which they wouldn't get caught. Except perhaps for the alcoholics, who can't hold down a job anyway.

Besides, your tone - as illustrated by the - ATTN POTHEADS: or whatever it is you wrote was certainly derogatory.

:D

Your tone is equally derogatory, but I don't whine like a little girl about it.

Granted, I am a pothead

That's funny, I don't recall businesses drug-testing for alcohol consumption in the 1920's. :D

it would never happen. people would go crazy - just like they did during prohibition. I know - you missed the 'if' - too busy stoking yourself.

Now most of the PhD's I've known have been people who were absolutely brilliant in their line of work, but often had some real trouble with day-to-day life.

My point exactly... its kind of like how the Enterprise needs to turn down lift support to power up the shields... these folks are typically so dang smart in their field... that certain day to day things are lost to them.

uh, yeah, ok

You two goofballs are seriously trying to argue that people with Ph.D's as a whole have more trouble with real life than potheads do?

• 1 month later...

You two goofballs are seriously trying to argue that people with Ph.D's as a whole have more trouble with real life than potheads do?

A profootball player with social anxiety disorder is as repersentative of the herb smoking population as a diaper wearing astronaut is of the PhD population