[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 NHL Playoffs

Hugh 0ne

Pick Your Winner's Here, comments welcome.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Eastern Conference #1 vs. #8

• #1 Buffalo Sabres
    • #8 New York Islanders
  2. 2. Eastern Conference #2 vs. #7

• #2 New Jersey Devils
    • #7 Tampa Bay Lightning
  3. 3. Eastern Conference #3 vs. #6

• #3 Atlanta Thrashers
    • #6 New York Rangers
  4. 4. Eastern Conference #4 vs. #5

• #4 Ottawa Senators
    • #5 Pittsburgh Penguins

Isles squeezed into the playoffs riding their 3rd string goalie, this should be a short series against the highest scoring team in the NHL. Sabres in 5

I'm hoping Lamariello's head coach firing comes back to bite him in the ass, and they're playing against one of the most exciting duos in the NHL in Lecavalier and St. Louis, and I don't think the Devils are as well built for the playoffs as they have been in the past. I'm thinking this might be the upset of the 1st round: Lightning in 6

The Thrashers had the 5th most points in the East, and only 3 more than the Rangers, who had the strongest finish out of any of the 8 Eastern Conference playoff teams. I hate the Rangers, with a passion, but think they are the better team and will beat Atlanta. Rangers in 6

The Penguins could be scary if they get deep into the playoffs with all the young guns, where fatigue would be less of a factor for them. Unfortunately, their complete lack of playoff experience may not allow that to happen. Ottawa will once again have the mental aspect of playoff failure staring them in the face, so this should be a very interesting series. My gut begs for the Penguins to win, but I'm not sure they can pull it off. Senators in 6

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo has it all against the Isles. Dubelweicz may be able to steal a game, but I highly doubt it. Buffalo in 4

Despite firing their coach, the Devils still have Brodeur, while the Lightning have the equivalent of a fat kid tied to the goal posts in nets. Tampa has really struggled to keep the puck out of the net, and won't be able to hold off the Devils. They may pump in enough goals to win a couple games though. I say Devils in 6

The Rangers have played much better defensively the last couple weeks of the season, and Lundquist is a much more consistent goalie than Lehtonen (sp?). Atlanta has a high powered offense to be sure, but the Ranges defense and goaltending will carry them. And besides that Jagr fellow and that Shanahan guy know a thing or two about putting the puck in the net themselves. This will be a good series though. Rangers in 7

Ottawa has to be feeling a ton of pressure to finally do something positive in the playoffs. On the other hand, the Pens are a bunch of kids with a high octane offense and a solid goalie in Fleury. While Ottawa is also quite proficient in putting the puck in the net, I get the feeling if they lose the first game they will be gripping their sticks pretty tight the rest of the series. I see the Pens as this years version of the 2003 Wild team that went to the Western Conference championship. Thusly, I take the Penguins in 6

Edited by SeductiveNun

Isles squeezed into the playoffs riding their 3rd string goalie, this should be a short series against the highest scoring team in the NHL. Sabres in 5

I'm hoping Lamariello's head coach firing comes back to bite him in the ass, and they're playing against one of the most exciting duos in the NHL in Lecavalier and St. Louis, and I don't think the Devils are as well built for the playoffs as they have been in the past. I'm thinking this might be the upset of the 1st round: Lightning in 6

The Thrashers had the 5th most points in the East, and only 3 more than the Rangers, who had the strongest finish out of any of the 8 Eastern Conference playoff teams. I hate the Rangers, with a passion, but think they are the better team and will beat Atlanta. Rangers in 6

The Penguins could be scary if they get deep into the playoffs with all the young guns, where fatigue would be less of a factor for them. Unfortunately, their complete lack of playoff experience may not allow that to happen. Ottawa will once again have the mental aspect of playoff failure staring them in the face, so this should be a very interesting series. My gut begs for the Penguins to win, but I'm not sure they can pull it off. Senators in 6

Do you always have to go to major extremes to prove that your are level-headed and won't let your homerism affect your choices. No wonder I've never liked you............ Pens in 5

Do you always have to go to major extremes to prove that your are level-headed and won't let your homerism affect your choices. No wonder I've never liked you............ Pens in 5

The lack of playoff experience is really the X-factor, not doubt. The Roberts signing could end up being one of the best moves in years if the Pens get past the Sens, and deep into the playoffs. However, I think the inexperience will hurt them, unfortunately. That being said, if they do lose, the experience they gain this year will be invaluable to them next year, so it's all good! :D

Edited by Hugh 0ne

The lack of playoff experience is really the X-factor, not doubt. The Roberts signing could end up being one of the best moves in years if the Pens get past the Sens, and deep into the playoffs. However, I think the inexperience will hurt them, unfortunately. That being said, if they do lose, the experience they gain this year will be invaluable to them next year, so it's all good! :D

Next year, schmext year :D Lets Go Pens !!!! :tup:

Around here the word hockey refers to horse manure. I have no desire to watch manure on ice. The only way I'd watch any of it is if the Stars make the finals. Hockey is pretty fun to watch in person, but I just can't bring myself to watch it on TV.

What channel is this exciting hockey action being shown on again, eh?

Check this out

I also know that the Wild games will be broadcast locally on FSN and on KSTC 45. I would assume other teams that aren't being televised nationally will also be shown on their usual local stations they were shown on during the regular season. At least until the conference finals when I think all games are televised nationally.

Edited by SeductiveNun

What channel is this exciting hockey action being shown on again, eh?

I live about 80 miles from where the Wild play. I'm a big fan. I'm going to every home playoff game.

I get to see ZERO games on tv.

Check this out

I also know that the Wild games will be broadcast locally on FSN and on KSTC 45. I would assume other teams that aren't being televised nationally will also be shown on their usual local stations they were shown on during the regular season. At least until the conference finals when I think all games are televised nationally.

They will be on 45, but I'm out of their broadcast range (I'm in Wisconsin). And rumor has it that FSN will NOT be showing the Wild games. I can hope, but have to wait.

The loss of Dipietro will be too much for the Isles to overcome and Ryan Smyth will be forced to resign with my beloved Oilers (I wish.) Sabres in 5

Interesting series here, great offense versus great defense but we all know the answer to that question in the NHL. The Denis/Holmqvist duo will be the undoing of the Lightning despite them making a series of it.

Devils in 6

Lehtonen will be the key here. He's untested and the Thrashers are not exactly a gritty team not to say that the Rangers can grind it out much better. I gotta give the edge to Rangers in an exciting series. Rangers in 7

I love the game that Pittsburgh plays. They attack you from every line in every situation. I think Fleury warrants his first round pick by stepping up big in this series and the Sens continue to choke in the playoffs.

Penguins in 6

This is purely my own personal bias talking here, BUT...

Sabres vs Islanders - Sabres can suck it - Islanders in 6

Devils vs Lightning - Lightning and their smurf St Louis can also suck it - Devils in 5

Thrashers vs Rangers - You will never get me to root for the Rangers, EVER. Thrash in 6

Sens vs Penguins - See above. Sens in 5

This is purely my own personal bias talking here, BUT...

Sabres vs Islanders - Sabres can suck it - Islanders in 6

Devils vs Lightning - Lightning and their smurf St Louis can also suck it - Devils in 5

Thrashers vs Rangers - You will never get me to root for the Rangers, EVER. Thrash in 6

Sens vs Penguins - See above. Sens in 5

Some solid analysis there Vicky. I think the old bigot in the office could have gave better insight. :D

Edited by chiefjay

They will be on 45, but I'm out of their broadcast range (I'm in Wisconsin). And rumor has it that FSN will NOT be showing the Wild games. I can hope, but have to wait.

Checked the Minneapolis paper. Games 3 and 5 will be on FSN. Game 3 is a home game, so that doesn't help you much, but 5 is on the road. The TV coverage for game 6 (if necessary) has yet to be determined. Of course if it ends in 4, then the game 5 coverage is also a moot point.

Checked the Minneapolis paper. Games 3 and 5 will be on FSN. Game 3 is a home game, so that doesn't help you much, but 5 is on the road. The TV coverage for game 6 (if necessary) has yet to be determined. Of course if it ends in 4, then the game 5 coverage is also a moot point.

Thanks for checking. That doesn't necessarily mean that our FSN will have them, though - they suck!

I can't tell you what spots we have a the bar, cause my ticketmaster email doesn't show them (will call), but if you scream CHESTER (or Brian) loud enough, you'll find me. I'll be the one in the Wild jersey.