[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Mavericks clinch #1 seed

myhousekey

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its no fluke, if Dallas shoots under 40 %, they wont win another game. But GS isnt talented enough to pull this off. If Dallas wins the next one, its like both teams held serve on their home court and Dallas in a best of 3 series, 2 of which at home, I like the Mavs. I still say Dallas in 6.

Its no fluke, if Dallas shoots under 40 %, they wont win another game. But GS isnt talented enough to pull this off. If Dallas wins the next one, its like both teams held serve on their home court and Dallas in a best of 3 series, 2 of which at home, I like the Mavs. I still say Dallas in 6.

As a Warrior fan, I hope thisis not true, but Mavs in 6 was my original prediction when I was discussing the series with my brother and cousin.

Cousin got to be at the game tonight.. wife had given me permission to go if I could get a ticket, but with my son born on SUnday, I decided that was not a good idea, though, if the Warriors make it to Round 2 I will do everything possible to get there.

If the Mavs lose Sunday, they face elimination in all three remaining games. If GSW play like they did Friday, they will win - their energy level is just astounding.

Yup - Mavs need to a complete turnaround- kinda like the Heat in last year's finals. Tha W's are the better team thus far, and the bad matchup for the Mavs is being exposed. The most loyal fans in the NBA gotta be loving this in the Bay.

Looking forward I don't think the W's are a good matchup for Phoenix. Phoenix has way too many weapons, and GS is basically trying to be Phoenix. Suns will pound them IMO.

Dirk does not deserve the MVP. They should have swept this group of runts. Instead Dirk is folding like a scared school girl. Congrats W's fans.

Wow, what a great game, W fans going nuts- I love seeing home crowds rocking like that.

Yet another reason why the MVP should be handed out after the entire season finishes. Dirk had an incredible year, but Nash is stepping up his game while Dirk is not.

Nellie, the W's doing a hell of a job thus far...... still 1 more though.

Wow – what a game tonight. Baron Davis goes wild (again). Dirk N. proves himself to be the least valuable MVP in the history of the NBA. And the Warriors beat the # 1 seed down the stretch to go up 3-1. Still not over, but almost. This is probably the most exciting series I have seen since the Lakers beat the Kings in overtime of game 7 of the Western Conf. Championship in Sacramento. This one could still go 7, and if it does, may surpass that Lakers-Kings series in terms of drama and excitement, but hope it doesn’t.

I never thought I’d say it, but great coaching tonight by Don Nelson. I thought he recognized what the team needed by putting M. Pietrus in the game pretty early, and Matt Barnes hit the big 3 at the end, which justified the many minutes he got tonight. But my favorite move was going to the small lineup (plus Biedrus) down the stretch. A great scrambling defensive lineup that really confused the Mavs, forced a couple turnovers, made the Mavs use their last timeout on another almost steal, and really changed the momentum of the game.

I still think they are going to need A. Harrington and/or M. Ellis to give them something before this series is over, and I just don’t know if either of them are going to get their confidence together in time.

Mavs in 7.

I would love the Warriors to beat the Mavs but I think the Mavs turn it around and play well the next 3 games.

For Darin: Looking forward to the Stones whippin of the Bulls. :D

When Barron Davis is hitting half court heaves just before the conclusion of the 1st half, and the mavs turn the ball over like they did consistently last night in the 4th quarter, its no wonder they lost that game. Can Dallas win 3 straight games. Sure, but I dont like their chances of winning game 6 in GS. If this goes to a game 7, I think Dallas blows GS out, like Houston a few yrs back in this similar situation. But the Mavs have yet to play a complete game yet, and GS is playing outta their minds. Thus they lead 3-1, and deservedly so. One game at a time is the only way to look at this. Closing out a team is much harder than many think. And Dallas has its back to the wall, and have played much better in these situations in last yrs playoffs. So it should be fun to watch.

I want Dirk on the block, where he is unguardable by any of the runts, and that will open the lane for D Harris. When Devin Harris picked up his 4th foul, Avery sat him to long. he should have been driving the lane and finishing or kicking out to wide open shooters, like GS did. Its really not a tough game, and D Harris is much quicker than B Davis. he can beat him off the dribble at will. But must stay out of foul trouble to keep himself on the court. Dirk heaving 3 pointers, and Deven George playing at all are liabilities in this series. Diop was the difference when he played last night. I sure hope Avery sees that. And whats up with Beidrins at the FT line. That is the worst Ive ever seen. Id hack this f*ocker if the game is close next time, and force GS to go smaller, and use Harrington who is MIA in this series.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

game 1: mavs= .353, 13 (to's)

game 2: mavs= .487, 15

game 3: mavs= .388, 16

game 4: mavs= .438, 16

reg season:

1st: .458, 12

2nd: .423, 23

3rd: .368, 15

mav's season avg= .467

gs fg% for opp= .462

dal had an avg of 13.9 to's per game

gs forced a league best of 18.59

- gs also lead the lead with an avg of 9.14 steal per game

- gs was 3rd in the league with 5.68 blocks per game

these were over the whole season... i would like to see their stats for the period after their big trade and baron getting healthy. yeah, maybe dal is choking, or maybe those "runts" play the type of defense that creates offense ...especially in a fast paced, running style :D maybe they know how to play against the mavs.

give em a little credit sgt.

Edited by Bier Meister

And whats up with Beidrins at the FT line. That is the worst Ive ever seen.

No dispute about that. Some of those FTs were hitting the front of the rim from below. This guy makes Shaq and Ben Wallace look like Steve Nash. Surely a pro player ought to be able to launch a better FT than that even if they don't go in? :D

game 1: mavs= .353, 13 (to's)

game 2: mavs= .487, 15

game 3: mavs= .388, 16

game 4: mavs= .438, 16

reg season:

1st: .458, 12

2nd: .423, 23

3rd: .368, 15

mav's season avg= .467

gs fg% for opp= .462

dal had an avg of 13.9 to's per game

gs forced a league best of 18.59

- gs also lead the lead with an avg of 9.14 steal per game

- gs was 3rd in the league with 5.68 blocks per game

these were over the whole season... i would like to see their stats for the period after their big trade and baron getting healthy. yeah, maybe dal is choking, or maybe those "runts" play the type of defense that creates offense ...especially in a fast paced, running style :D maybe they know how to play against the mavs.

give em a little credit sgt.

I gave them a lil credit. I said they were playing outta their minds. But come on, Dirk has turned into a school girl these past 4 games. Im sorry but Tim Duncan, Shawn Marion, and Bruce Bowen are twice the defenders as any of these runts, and Dirk abused all of them in past playoffs. Why he is so passive here, and let this team get into his head is the most frustrating thing for Mavs fans. Dallas is choking this away. Game 4 they led by 8 with 4 mins left, and then went ice cold from the floor, when they weren't turning the ball over. Im sorry, I dont see GS as that talented a team outside of Davis and Richardson. And I know if Dallas plays its game the next 3, it wont matter what GS does, as it wont be enough for them to win 1 more in this series. The question is, will Dallas play its game, and force its will on this team, or continue to let Don Nelson frustrate them.

I gave them a lil credit. I said they were playing outta their minds. But come on, Dirk has turned into a school girl these past 4 games. Im sorry but Tim Duncan, Shawn Marion, and Bruce Bowen are twice the defenders as any of these runts, and Dirk abused all of them in past playoffs. Why he is so passive here, and let this team get into his head is the most frustrating thing for Mavs fans. Dallas is choking this away. Game 4 they led by 8 with 4 mins left, and then went ice cold from the floor, when they weren't turning the ball over. Im sorry, I dont see GS as that talented a team outside of Davis and Richardson. And I know if Dallas plays its game the next 3, it wont matter what GS does, as it wont be enough for them to win 1 more in this series. The question is, will Dallas play its game, and force its will on this team, or continue to let Don Nelson frustrate them.

NBA is all about matchups. GS is a worse matchup than SA for the Mavs, so it doesn't really matter if TD and Bowen are better overall defenders. They have long, 6'8 quick defenders that are doing a hell of a job on Dirk, as well as scrambling and rotating on D. With BDavis and JRich being so big and physical, they are one of the few teams that can switch almost everything, and it is working nicely so far. On Offense, JRich and BDavis are too strong for the Mavs Terry/Harris de-lite combo. SJax, Harrington, and Pietrus, Barnes are all versatile and interchangible.

Plus ya got the BDavis thing- injury plagued all of his carer, but now that he has it goin- he is the best player on the floor, and able to take over games- which he is doing.

On a side note- that Bob Horry is effing incredible....................

Edited by wildcat2334

Yeah this has been a horrible matchup for the Mavs. 1st you got a team with good guards that are able to exploit the bad defensive play by the Dallas guards. then you got a team that hit its peak winning 9 of 10 right before the playoffs. then throw in the fact that their players have been often injured this season and have semi fresh legs. all this is contributing to a them being down 3-1.