[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Mavericks clinch #1 seed

myhousekey

Garbage.

Maybe they missed the foul on JRich but the W's only have themselves to blame. You gotta finish, and instead of manning up and taking quality shots, they shot fade away 20 footers and 3's.

The 3's were flowing to get them the lead- but you gotta get in the paint and get to the line the last 2 minutes, it is a different game at crunch time.

Terrible execution down the stretch.

Exactly, I was screaming at the TV for them to get in the paint during the final minutes last night.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am a warriors fan, but have been pretty turned off by the nba since the strike.... yet would still follow the box scores. i think the league in general is full of thugs (not just the warriors) and i haven't liked the way they've conducted themselves. they play exciting, yet undisciplined ball. this is why I am down on them. i am rooting for them to go as far as they possibly can. oakland is trying to clean up..... but common...it's a shiiithole. i wouldn't live there with your money.

I really hope this was not directed at me? What am I the mayor of Oakland

Exactly, I was screaming at the TV for them to get in the paint during the final minutes last night.

LMAO, Dallas took the ball out of Barons hands, and he dished to wide open shooters and they missed shots. give the Mavs some credit, Baron would have beat them and they werent going to let him.

BTW, this is exactly what we were screaming in game 4 up by 8 with 4 mins left. Keep attacking, its how we got the lead to begin with.

Also, suspensions maybe coming for J Richardson for punching/pushing a fan. NBA is reviewing the tape today. Its a big no no to put your hands on a fan, and apparently TNT have tape of it happening. And Stern may send a message to S jackson by fining the hell out of him and it isnt out of the question he may be suspended. Also Jason terry could be looked into for the take down on B Davis. But according to Mark Stein with ESPN insider, that looked like a flop by B davis, so this series could change if any of those take place.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

LMAO, Dallas took the ball out of Barons hands, and he dished to wide open shooters and they missed shots. give the Mavs some credit, Baron would have beat them and they werent going to let him.

BTW, this is exactly what we were screaming in game 4 up by 8 with 4 mins left. Keep attacking, its how we got the lead to begin with.

Also, suspensions maybe coming for J Richardson for punching/pushing a fan. NBA is reviewing the tape today. Its a big no no to put your hands on a fan, and apparently TNT have tape of it happening. And Stern may send a message to S jackson by fining the hell out of him and it isnt out of the question he may be suspended. Also Jason terry could be looked into for the take down on B Davis. But according to Mark Stein with ESPN insider, that looked like a flop by B davis, so this series could change if any of those take place.

Cmon- being up by 5 and taking a 3 is not the same as under 2 min- the W's needed to adjust and get to the rack, get some calls and attack. JRich had the perfek chance when he pump faked the J in the corner to get to the rack, and he didnt't take it-

Enough of the suspension crap- let em play at full strength- SJax will not miss any games for clapping. Terry is my boy from Seattle, but he has been the biggest b1tch in the floor.

Cmon- being up by 5 and taking a 3 is not the same as under 2 min- the W's needed to adjust and get to the rack, get some calls and attack. JRich had the perfek chance when he pump faked the J in the corner to get to the rack, and he didnt't take it-

Enough of the suspension crap- let em play at full strength- SJax will not miss any games for clapping. Terry is my boy from Seattle, but he has been the biggest b1tch in the floor.

What the F*ock are you talking about. Dallas was up 8 with 4 mins to go in game 4. GS was up 9 with 2+ mins to go in game 5. Dallas built its lead by going to the rack in game 4, GS built its with 3s in game 5. Dude, you must be watching a different game than the rest of us. SJax is as big a punk thug as there is in the league. What the hell is wrong with Jackson, in both games when they were losing, at the end of the game, he gets tossed. Dude has no composure whatsoever. Sorest loser Ive ever seen. And did you hear the comments from GS in the locker room. Jackson and JRich both, F-bomb this, and F-bomb that. My bet half these guys will be locked up within 2 yrs from leaving the league. jackson is the Pac-man jones of the NBA, he is well on his way already. Id love to see stern throw the hammer on this team in game 6. Stern has been kicking Cuban in the nuts for yrs, for less than Sjax and JRich has done.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

What the F*ock are you talking about. Dallas was up 8 with 4 mins to go in game 4. GS was up 9 with 2+ mins to go in game 5. Dallas built its lead by going to the rack in game 4, GS built its with 3s in game 5. Dude, you must be watching a different game than the rest of us. SJax is as big a punk thug as there is in the league. What the hell is wrong with Jackson, in both games when they were losing, at the end of the game, he gets tossed. Dude has no composure whatsoever. Sorest loser Ive ever seen. And did you hear the comments from GS in the locker room. Jackson and JRich both, F-bomb this, and F-bomb that. My bet half these guys will be locked up within 2 yrs from leaving the league. jackson is the Pac-man jones of the NBA, he is well on his way already. Id love to see stern throw the hammer on this team in game 6. Stern has been kicking Cuban in the nuts for yrs, for less than Sjax and JRich has done.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? GS built it's lead with 3's- I am with ya, but they needed to get to the line and attack to close out the game- not keep relying on 3's and jumpers-

Sjax may be a punk, I don't really care, the dude plays his ass off. Half these guys will be locked up within 2 yrs :D you sound just like my racist grandfather with comments like that.

Wow, they dropped F bombs in the locker room? that is awful.

Yes, Stern throwing the hammer on the W's for game 6 would be great for your soft Mavs wouldn't it??. Surely wouldn't want to follow up last years epic collapse in the finals with one of the biggest upsets in NBA playoffs history.

Dallas heaven on earth- :D .

Why are you guys tagging this thug and Oak label on the W's? They happen to play in Oakland, but they are an SF/Oak Bay area team, not seeing the connection.

I have no loyalty to the W's other than really enjoying the W's open style, and seeing Mark Cuban's head implode if they do lose. A totally entertaining series that I am now suqarely on the W bandwagon. And I can't get my buddies from the Bay to shut up about them.

I really hope this was not directed at me? What am I the mayor of Oakland

just giving you my answer- as a fan and as someone who went to many warrior and a's games (and a few raiders games).......

primarily a 49ers, giants, sharks, warriors fan..... as mentioned, developed a strong distaste for nba after their strike.

Seriously, what is wrong with you? GS built it's lead with 3's- I am with ya, but they needed to get to the line and attack to close out the game- not keep relying on 3's and jumpers-

Sjax may be a punk, I don't really care, the dude plays his ass off. Half these guys will be locked up within 2 yrs :D you sound just like my racist grandfather with comments like that.

Wow, they dropped F bombs in the locker room? that is awful.

Yes, Stern throwing the hammer on the W's for game 6 would be great for your soft Mavs wouldn't it??. Surely wouldn't want to follow up last years epic collapse in the finals with one of the biggest upsets in NBA playoffs history.

You just agred with me, and your asking whats wrong with me. Whats wrong with me, is I want to see some class at the end of these games, win or lose. My Mavs have it and GS doesnt in either situation. Its what turns many off with the NBA. Punk thugs acting like fools and like they can get away with whatever they want. Thats whats wrong with me.

Im hardly racist, as race has nothing to do with the problems of Pac-Man Jones and Stephen Jackson. They are who they are, punk ass thugs, and you know it. You think MJ, DWade, or any of the Mavs were dropping F-bombs when they choked games away in the past. I highly doubt it. And it wasnt just in the locker room, it was while they were being interviewed. Geez. Don Nelson is the reason these guys are here. Dude is a genius. But he deserves better than having to deal with these punks everyday in practice. I feel sorry for him. Dude has to fine S Jackson every other game. Im sure he is holding his breath that Jackson wont be arrested again between now and game 6.

And Dallas and Dirk didnt look that soft last night did they. GS blew it. They had a chance to close and couldnt do it. They may not get that chance again. And if Dirk carries what he did at the end of last night into GS, the W's get blown out in their own building. Im excited to watch game 6, and have no doubts that Dallas can win in Chokeland. Now they just have to do it.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Lets see a clueless tool like you are a man who talks sports for a living. Sorry, pal, you lose miserably.

do yer thing Private- jerk off with Patrick, I don't care. Like mainstream Sports Center anchors and radio talk show hosts are experts, right.........stay hot with that, Patrick has always kind of annoyed me.

I form my own opinions, and I guarantee I know more about basketball and the NBA than DP.

Edited by wildcat2334

do yer thing Private- jerk off with Patrick, I don't care. Like mainstream Sports Center anchors and radio talk show hosts are experts, right.........stay hot with that, Patrick has always kind of annoyed me.

I form my own opinions, and I guarantee I know more about basketball and the NBA than DP.

I dont like the SOB either, but I seriously, Patrick played basketball in college, and talks it with former NBA players. I guess you got better references than that. . :D

wow, that was some collapse.

Amazing comeback by the W's only to flush it away... Dirk came on fire right when it was needed.

Great game though.... W's need to get this win at home. The fans will be rocking, that is for sure.

LMMFAO. Derek Harper a former NBA player was doing a live interview outside the American Airlines arena, and he picks up Stephen Jackson leaving the arena, giving fans a double #1 sign with each hand. Then this bum shows off his watch to the fans outside saying this is how we F'n roll in Oakland. Then this twisted POS pulls out his wallet and shows his cash, and says "Nothing but 100's baby". Don't you wish you were me. Gives a few more F bombs and anotehr set of double #1s and gets on the team bus.

Wow, I knew this dude was a POS thug, but man this was just priceless to hear on ESPN radio here in dallas. There were more bleeps than not in his spewing. Way to show your ass. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Straight gangsta........ yeah he is a moron, but he plays his ass off.

Is there any link to this?? would be outstanding to hear this

ESPN radio 103.3 Dallas. You maybe able to google it. Randy Galloway show 3-6 today. Started at around 3:10 pm

:D Bigger upset than Nuggets beating Sonics in '94. I tell you what, the Warriors have the talent and moxie right now to whoop up on either the Rockets or Jazz. Or wait, would they move on to play the highest West seed? I think they changed the playoff seeding this year, no?

Edit: Hmm, ESPN's bracket shows Spurs playing Suns in next round. Error? If not, I could see the Spurs/Suns beating the living crap out of one another and the Warriors taking the slow-ass Jazz or Rockets to 6 games in winning. Could the Warriors give the Spurs or Suns some trouble? Wouldn't doubt it.

Edit #2: http://www.nba.com/features/seedingprimer07.html OK I'm still confused. :D

Edited by darin3

18 unanswered points - that's incredible. Gut check time for Dallas.

Mavs are toast. So much for me going to see a Mavs/Suns game. :D Certainly no Mavs fan but I do like Nowitzki and caught plenty of Mav games on TV this season so I grew to like 'em a bit... so wow, this is a huge disappointment.

Mavs are toast. So much for me going to see a Mavs/Suns game. :D Certainly no Mavs fan but I do like Nowitzki and caught plenty of Mav games on TV this season so I grew to like 'em a bit... so wow, this is a huge disappointment.

Complete choke job by the Mavs. 6 mins without a point in the 3rd qtr, was the difference tonight, as there is no way they can overcome a big lead like when Nash was around. Embarassing losing to a #8 seed like GS. Dirk doesnt deserve the MVP. A 2 mins stretch in game 5 was his only positive influence of this series. Cuban you SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!ed up big time spending your money on Dampier instead of Nash. That mistake alone cost Dallas at least one Championship, last yr.

:D GS, you punked my Mavs. Good Luck vs Houston or Utah......