[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Mavericks clinch #1 seed

myhousekey

Wrong again. Read above, before you continue to make a fool of yourself with this garbage. BTW, as hot as jackson is behind the arc, they may want to double him too. And Jason Richardson has yet to get hot , he is one of GS best outside shooters. This wont be a half court game, just like the other 3 were not. And Im not so sure you double Tmac, put Jackson on him, and roll a guy over from the DT on Yao onto him if he drives the lane., and make him dish outside. Houston has no one that will kill them outside consistently like GS or Phoenix or SA. If TMac is forced to shot over Jackson, he will go 8 for 25 every night, and they lose badly. The only DT needed is on yao, so he doesnt get the ball inside. Because if he gets it, he can score on any one Warrior or dish it to Tmac outside. GS will have to stay at home on Tmac, and they will. GS in 5 if they get Houston. Utah will put a bigger fight for sure

Please, do not compare the regular season with the playoffs- just stop. GS/Mavs/PHX are not the same as Hou/SA who will D you up, contest shots, and limit teams to 1 shot/posession.

I seriously think yer delusional sometimes. Yao & TMAC REQUIRE double teams in most cases.

GS? they have BDavis- who may or may not require double team, and no one else. Nellie may play Yao or TMAc sr8 up, but one of them will be tough to stop-

Seriously go get some knowledge. maybe you should stick to inside linebackers and chit .

As well as SJax and JRich are playing- they are not guys that you are gonna double team.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great numbers Private- really well done, and a complete waste of time....... Since when does regular season NBA translate to the playoffs? IF you really think a GS/Houston series will be high scoring- yer outta yer mind once again...........

Houston led the league in opp fg% , and they will not let GS run like Dallas did. The NBA regular season and playoffs are 2 different animals- nice try though.....

blah blah blah. GS just did to Dallas what they did to them in the reg season. So Id say it translates pretty well for this team. GS is playing as good as anyone, better than Houston by far. And Houston may have led the league in Opp FG%, but they were the #4 seed for a reason. They cant shoot outside of yao and Tmac. And GS will force yao to run. Again, another clueless post from you.

Please, do not compare the regular season with the playoffs- just stop. GS/Mavs/PHX are not the same as Hou/SA who will D you up, contest shots, and limit teams to 1 shot/posession.

I seriously think yer delusional sometimes. Yao & TMAC REQUIRE double teams in most cases.

GS? they have BDavis- who may or may not require double team, and no one else. Nellie may play Yao or TMAc sr8 up, but one of them will be tough to stop-

Seriously go get some knowledge. maybe you should stick to inside linebackers and chit .

As well as SJax and JRich are playing- they are not guys that you are gonna double team.

Um, no offense, but who gives a rat's ass about how many players on a certain team require double-teaming? That's a minor component of how these games work. Like you said, it's the playoffs. The Warriors just punked the best regular-season team that was penciled in to reach the conference finals. Anything can happen and probably will.

blah blah blah. GS just did to Dallas what they did to them in the reg season. So Id say it translates pretty well for this team. GS is playing as good as anyone, better than Houston by far. And Houston may have led the league in Opp FG%, but they were the #4 seed for a reason. They cant shoot outside of yao and Tmac. And GS will force yao to run. Again, another clueless post from you.

Yer wrong again. Houston MAKES MORE 3'S per game than GS. AND shoots a better %. And who exactly is clueless???

No one is arguing who to double. Nellie will figure that out as the series goes on. Your blanket statements are hipocritical. Comparing the reg season vs playoffs in the Dallas series, but not in the next series. Get real dude. Ill bet you anything you want to bet, GS will beat Houston, if Houston even survives Utah. Get some knowledge, have you ever posted anything of quality on this site before. Seriously, I admitted I was a Mavs fan, and showed homerism toward my team, but Id school you in basketball knowledge as well as football. In fact didnt I already do so in both fantasy leagues we share. Oh nevermind, that isnt playoff hoops, its different. blah blah blah. Like arguing with a brick wall, You will lose and still never admit your wrong.

No one is arguing who to double. Nellie will figure that out as the series goes on. Your blanket statements are hipocritical. Comparing the reg season vs playoffs in the Dallas series, but not in the next series. Get real dude. Ill bet you anything you want to bet, GS will beat Houston, if Houston even survives Utah. Get some knowledge, have you ever posted anything of quality on this site before. Seriously, I admitted I was a Mavs fan, and showed homerism toward my team, but Id school you in basketball knowledge as well as football. In fact didnt I already do so in both fantasy leagues we share. Oh nevermind, that isnt playoff hoops, its different. blah blah blah. Like arguing with a brick wall, You will lose and still never admit your wrong.

Pure comedy-

I will totally admit if I am wrong, I like talking hoops- yer the one who cames out frothing at the mouth and talkin chit - you just are spitting out bullchit that shows you don't know basketball.

Agreed- I will make a bet with you on Hou/GS - If Hou wins game 7, which I think they will.

Pure comedy-

I will totally admit if I am wrong, I like talking hoops- yer the one who cames out frothing at the mouth and talkin chit - you just are spitting out bullchit that shows you don't know basketball.

Agreed- I will make a bet with you on Hou/GS - If Hou wins game 7, which I think they will.

Done, sigline bet until the end of the finals.

sigline? could care less about a sigline :D I like to wager real money, but as I rememeber you don't so that will be fine, I guess.

I dont bet cash with people I dont know will pay up when they lose. Alrerady happened to me twice here. And Ive paid up several times, in baseball the past 2 yrs to Skrappy, KSU in basketball this yr, just to name a few. So I bet $, but only with those who I know will pay up. I dont give you that credit. Sorry. But if you want to bet next yrs dues in BCS league. Ill do that. But if you dont pay, you wont play, and the pot will be $50 short, and everyone in that league will know why. So accept that if you want. Again, if Houston can even get past Utah. If not you shoudl lose by default. :D

I dont bet cash with people I dont know will pay up when they lose. Alrerady happened to me twice here. And Ive paid up several times, in baseball the past 2 yrs to Skrappy, KSU in basketball this yr, just to name a few. So I bet $, but only with those who I know will pay up. I dont give you that credit. Sorry. But if you want to bet next yrs dues in BCS league. Ill do that. But if you dont pay, you wont play, and the pot will be $50 short, and everyone in that league will know why. So accept that if you want. Again, if Houston can even get past Utah. If not you shoudl lose by default. :D

ok- next years BCS fees- that works, done. Have made many wagers on The Huddle, collected and paid up just fine- thanks for the credit though.

yeah- if Utah wins game 7 bet is off b/c I effin hate the Jazz.

still painful to this day. I think the Nuggs upset over Seattle was bigger. The Mavs weren't as talented as Sea, and the league was stronger, more balanced in '94. NBA was loaded with weak teams this year, and the they got exposed big-time. The Denver upset was also a shortened series, and Sea was claearly the best team that year and without MJ they had a clear shot at the title and effin blew it Seattle-style.

Congrats to the Warriors- Awesome way to finish them off- that crowd is Amazing.

No way the Denver upset was as BIG as this one. As you mentioned the Denver/Seattle series was less games. Had they played a 7-game series I believe that Seattle would have won the matchup with Denver. Rarely do you see series upsets with 7 game series, especially an 8 vs. 1.

Dallas didn't "lose" this series, Golden State was clearly the better team and played with more heart. I also believe that if they face Houston their bigs will ba able to handle Yao in the paint. They are very athletic and will outscrap Yao just like they did to Dirk.

As a W fan, I personally would prefer to see the W's face off against Houston rather than Utah. Houston has two main guys.. Yao and TMac. Nelly is pretty good about stopping the post play, so, let's say they can effectively shut down Yao. THat leaves the honus squarely on the "back" of TMac. Houston doesn't really have anyone they can count on to step up for a large offensive performance.

With Utah, you have Okur, Boozer (who I believe had done quite well against the Warriors the last couple years), Kirilenko to contend with and even Deron Williams could cause some problems with his quickness.

Without pulling all of the numbers, etc., I just think the W's style of play and Nelly's coaching will match up better against the Rockets.

I do know that if the Warriors are hosting a Saturday game I will be doing everything in my power to get a ticket (thankfully I have an insider with the W's that is hooking me up with some merchandise for my kids, hoing she can set me up with a ticket office contact) What sucks is apparently XL is the largest size of the We Believe T-Shirts... aint gonna fit me but she is going to send me one anyway.

I do know that if the Warriors are hosting a Saturday game I will be doing everything in my power to get a ticket (thankfully I have an insider with the W's that is hooking me up with some merchandise for my kids, hoing she can set me up with a ticket office contact) What sucks is apparently XL is the largest size of the We Believe T-Shirts... aint gonna fit me but she is going to send me one anyway.

They found one that fit Barkely and he's no XL!

As a W fan, I personally would prefer to see the W's face off against Houston rather than Utah. Houston has two main guys.. Yao and TMac. Nelly is pretty good about stopping the post play, so, let's say they can effectively shut down Yao. THat leaves the honus squarely on the "back" of TMac. Houston doesn't really have anyone they can count on to step up for a large offensive performance.

With Utah, you have Okur, Boozer (who I believe had done quite well against the Warriors the last couple years), Kirilenko to contend with and even Deron Williams could cause some problems with his quickness.

Without pulling all of the numbers, etc., I just think the W's style of play and Nelly's coaching will match up better against the Rockets.

Amen to that. Guess we are all wrong and stupid right Veronicacats

They found one that fit Barkely and he's no XL!

I know... just going by what my contact in the organization said... and she was at the game last night, and hit up the team store.... I should be getting a pack of goodies soon from her. Mostly stuff for the kids cause she knows XL aint gonna fit me, so I hope she threw in a thing or two for me.. even if just a pendant or something commemorating the Warriors getting to the playoffs.

I was telling you guys on this thread before the series started how fun GS was to watch.

I remember an interview with Nellie, I think it was his last year with GS, right before he was fired for the Chris Webber debacle. He said he will always coach with an uptempo style with little importance to defense. He said it's too boring for him as a coach, for his players, and for the fans to play a half court game with lots of defense. He said he wants to play entertaining basketball for the fans. This may be why he was at odds with Cuban. What surprised me is how much good D they played vs Dallas.

I watched some of game 6 of the Houston and Utah game. Neither team looked that good to me. I hope GS gets past round two. Boy, wouldn't it be fun to see B. Davis against Nash? I think Stoudemire would give them fits-he's far more physical than Nowitzki. Looking way too far ahead for an 8th seed-one game at a time.

Amen to that. Guess we are all wrong and stupid right Veronicacats

yer such a b1tch......

is BC liking the matchup with Houston over Utah supposed to prove something? That's cool, you guys have your opinion, I have mine.

Please show me where I was comparing Houston and Utah, and who was the better matchup?

Edited by wildcat2334

yer such a b1tch......

is BC liking the matchup with Houston over Utah supposed to prove something? That's cool, you guys have your opinion, I have mine.

Please show me where I was comparing Houston and Utah, and who was the better matchup?

Your actually my b*tch. I whip you ass in every argument, every fantasy sport, and every post. So you got the word right.

BC, Me, Darin all like the match up vs Houston better, as they are the easier team for GS to punk next. And yes I said punk next . And when has your opinion ever been right about anything. Your opinion on players in BCS league, didnt net you sh*t, your opinion in hoops didnt net you sh*t. Hell at least I made the final in BCS, and lgot third in Hoops. Did you even qualify as a top 6 in either. F;ck no. Basically in my posts today, I proved you as a fraud, and if I hadnt deleted that bragging PM of you and Shawn Kemp as good pals, Id have given everyone else the laugh I got. There was a reason why you didnt post it, instead of PM it to me, like Im suppose to be impressed. I'll be impressed with you, when you pay the dues in BCS and honor your word. That is if Houston can even get past Utah, which we all seem to think is a tougher matchup for GS in the first place. Maybe thats your point, you dont think Houston will win game 7, so you spewed off, knowing you wouldnt even have to back up the bet. Yep, thats probably it.

Now GFY..... :D

Warriors will beat Jazz or Rockets. Suns/Warriors in West finals. Those'll be some doozies of games.

I am firmly on the W bandwagon- but Houston is a horrible matchup.

So this must be saying Houston will win game 7. Its got to be, because you said it. :D

I think we can all agree that the playoffs makes for a very different game than regular season. That said, let's take a look at how Golden State fared against both the Jazz and Rockets this season.

Against the Rockets, they were punked in Houston 118-90 in December, but that was with no Richardson and was before the trade with Indiana. A week or so later, they beat the Rockets at home by 2. Again, no J-Rich... but Rockets were without T-Mac. In April, the new-look Warriors beat the Rockets in Houston (although T-Mac went out 6 minutes in). Net result, 2-1, with one win coming in Houston. Granted, both teams had injuries in those games and only one of those games was with the team they now have.

Against the Jazz in November, they lost in SLC 106-82. Jazz pretty much owned them that night. No injuries for either side. 3 weeks later, a depleted Warrior team (no Davis, no Pietrus) beat the Jazz in Oakland, only allowing 78 points. And these games were pre-trade for the Warriors. In March, the new-look W's lost by only 4 at Utah, and the Jazz needed a huge 4th quarter comeback. Utah was 31-10 at home, by the way. Then, in Oakland, the Warriors worked the Jazz by 24. So, they split the season series 2-2. Post-trade, it looks pretty even.

In my estimation, the new-look Warriors will have less problems with the Rockets.