[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Mavericks clinch #1 seed

myhousekey

another good one..... GS let's another one slip away- they should have come out of SLC with a split- that loss last night hurts, hope it doesn't end up costing them the series b/c they gotta win one at Utah at some point and they had that baby in the bag. Pietrus misses 2, then BDiddy the leader can't put em away and misses the 2nd- brutal, you gotta close these games out.........

W should bounce back and win 3,4 - they just have to steal one on the road.

Nice story on D Fisher- one of the good guys in sports. Nice to hear his daughter is doing well

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another good one..... GS let's another one slip away- they should have come out of SLC with a split- that loss last night hurts, hope it doesn't end up costing them the series b/c they gotta win one at Utah at some point and they had that baby in the bag. Pietrus misses 2, then BDiddy the leader can't put em away and misses the 2nd- brutal, you gotta close these games out.........

W should bounce back and win 3,4 - they just have to steal one on the road.

Nice story on D Fisher- one of the good guys in sports. Nice to hear his daughter is doing well

I was suprised Pietris was even out there at that time with him not being the best free throw shooter. he is good defensively though and I know that is why he was out there...but I still would of had him on the bench right there

very disappointing, but the jazz are a good team (really surprizing me that they are keeping up offensively).... but lack of discipline and experience are starting to show.... absolutely need to hit FT's with a lead late in the game!!

I was very upset. I thought the W's could have taken game one. THey definitely gave away game 2.

Pietrus missing both is inexcusable. Davis really should have nailed his, but, I will give benfit of doubt to his exhaustion there and be happy he nailed the first one.

I was very happy Biedrins came through with his two late in the game, as that guy is a horrible free throw shooter.

No excuse for not coming out with at least one win. We need to definitely hold at home, and then get the game in Utah.

On a side note, my friend that works for the Warriros hooked me up big time... well, mostly the kids, but plenty for me. I got two T-shirts (unfortunately not the "We Believe" shirt, but beggars can't be choosers), a hat, a picture frame, a Warriors pencil set, some Thunder Sticks (the annoying inflatable things that they wave under the basket and clap together) and a few other little things for my son (a canvas bag that looks like Monta Ellis' jersey). She's gonna send some infant stuff for my younger one once thigns settle down. Definitely sending her some flowers or something and she is way up on the Christmas Card list.

Funny thing is I do not have a T-Shirt that fits my 2 and a half year old. He has outgrown everyting I did have for him, but he really wants to wear a Warrior shirt just like daddy, so, he'll put on one of my shirts (an adult XXL) and we have to roll the sleeves all the way up, tie up the front and back and tuck it in so he looks like he is carrying a giant load in his shorts. But, it makes him happy to wear a Warriors shirt just like daddy, so it will do until I have a chance to order up some stuff that should fit him.

ETA: Utah being able to keep up this pace with the W's and nailing all those 3's is exactly why I would have much preferred to be facing the Rockets in this series. Not saying the results would have been different, just that there would have been more matchups to exploit which is key to the W's game.

Edited by Big Country

If GS would have played the Rockets, GS would be up 2-0 right now. This was what Dallas should have done to GS. Used their size in the post and lean on the smaller players. GS looked gasses, especially Baron Davis at the end of regulation. I knew in OT, Utah would win easily. Utah is a solid team, they have a mini dirk in Okur, Have the size down low with Boozer, and have the PG that Dallas doesnt in Deron Williams. This kid really grew up this yr, last yr there were rumblings the Jazz screwed up big time, not taking Chris Paul. Last night shows what kind of player Deron is, and he is perfect for Utah.

If GS would have played the Rockets, GS would be up 2-0 right now. This was what Dallas should have done to GS. Used their size in the post and lean on the smaller players. GS looked gasses, especially Baron Davis at the end of regulation. I knew in OT, Utah would win easily. Utah is a solid team, they have a mini dirk in Okur, Have the size down low with Boozer, and have the PG that Dallas doesnt in Deron Williams. This kid really grew up this yr, last yr there were rumblings the Jazz screwed up big time, not taking Chris Paul. Last night shows what kind of player Deron is, and he is perfect for Utah.

I pretty much told my wife that if GS did not get lucky and hit the shot when they were inbounding with the 2.3 seconds in regulation, that Utah would run them over in OT. Hard to keep up when you are only running a 7.. sometimes 8 man rotation.

I have been extremely impressed with Deron Williams' play, and I thought Derek Fisher did an impressive defensive job... exactly what he needed to do. One of the Warriros guys in a ninterview, I thnk it was Stephen Jackson, sais that Deron was the only player he had ever seen able to back down Baron.

On a side note, has there been any update on the condition of Dee Brown? Hate to see things like that happen.

Yeah, they cannot push around the Jazz guards like they did the Mav's.

That being said...the Warriors could of won both of those games and SHOULD of won the game last night. I am not ready to count them out yet.

Yeah, they cannot push around the Jazz guards like they did the Mav's.

That being said...the Warriors could of won both of those games and SHOULD of won the game last night. I am not ready to count them out yet.

No question- long way to go. Would have been so hugh to be going back to the town 1-1.

GS should hold serve at home, they could use a blowout to rest some guys and get Ellis/Harrington some confidence back. The series will hinge on game 5 back in SLC-

No question- long way to go. Would have been so hugh to be going back to the town 1-1.

GS should hold serve at home, they could use a blowout to rest some guys and get Ellis/Harrington some confidence back. The series will hinge on game 5 back in SLC-

Utah will take one in Oakland. No question about it. GS may win game 3, but they wont win them both.

Utah will take one in Oakland. No question about it. GS may win game 3, but they wont win them both.

Wow, Sarge with a bold statement. Totally caught me off guard. Who'd a thunk it? Count this among the "bold predictions that really aren't that bold" category. So, if there was no home court advantage, each team has a 50/50 chance each game. That means there's only a 25% chance that GS wins both. Even if you give the home team a 60% chance of winning each game, that still only means they have a 36% chance of winning them both.

So, worst case, Sarge is looking at a 50/50 prop ('cause that is the true odds of each team winning one regardless of home court). Of course, if he does, he's the man.

If GS would have played the Rockets, GS would be up 2-0 right now.

:D solid jab- private, well done. If Dallas would have played Utah, the Mavs would be up 2-0 right now.

Who effin cares.........

wait, since GS WOULD have been up 2-0, do I owe ya $50?

Count this among the "bold predictions that really aren't that bold" category. So, if there was no home court advantage, each team has a 50/50 chance each game. That means there's only a 25% chance that GS wins both. Even if you give the home team a 60% chance of winning each game, that still only means they have a 36% chance of winning them both.

So, worst case, Sarge is looking at a 50/50 prop ('cause that is the true odds of each team winning one regardless of home court).

:D

Well, at least somebody was impressed. :D

You are just like Wildcat, and should talk/type less and listen/read more. Then and only then will you have a clue.

OK sport, what say you point out one single thing in the post I wrote that isn't 100% correct. Like Wildcat, I think you're a Megan Fox. You've got that much right. It's a simple fact, you talk out of your ass and get things wrong as often as you don't. Of course, if you say enough stuff, something will stick.

Like your bold prediction on the De La Hoya fight. The same freaking one that each and every person who follows the sport was giving. If you wouldn't make stupid excuses when you got something wrong like the OU/BSU game maybe I'd be willing to give you a bit of credit. Of course, you don't need props from me. Just go find the nearest mirror and tell the guy you see how cool he is.

OK sport, what say you point out one single thing in the post I wrote that isn't 100% correct. Like Wildcat, I think you're a Megan Fox. You've got that much right. It's a simple fact, you talk out of your ass and get things wrong as often as you don't. Of course, if you say enough stuff, something will stick.

Like your bold prediction on the De La Hoya fight. The same freaking one that each and every person who follows the sport was giving. If you wouldn't make stupid excuses when you got something wrong like the OU/BSU game maybe I'd be willing to give you a bit of credit. Of course, you don't need props from me. Just go find the nearest mirror and tell the guy you see how cool he is.

When are you ever right about anything. OU is a bad example for me because Im a homer, I admit that. But get real, I punk your ass every time you decide you want to battle, and this was no different. I never claimed greatness about the Dela Hoya fight, I simply said it first, was given props for hitting it on the head, and then you or someone tried to downplay that prediction after the fight as if it was a given. Where the hell were you before the fight saying the same thing I said. Instead you bash me for being right after the fact, when I said it before the fight. Same thing here, I was right. Utah is the stronger team by far. Im not wearing my Maverick colored glasses anymore I wished GS well, and there is no doubt in my mind had they played Houston, they would advance this yr to the Western Conference finals. But Utah is a matchup nightmare like GS was for Dallas. I knew GS wouldnt hold Utah down both games, and predicted GS would win game 3, but lose game 4, when everyone else said they would hold serve at home. Instead of arguing with them, you come after me with percentages, and other BS. Again to discredit my prediction, like it was a given, what I said would happen. Basically in both instances, I was right, you argued after the fact on the Dela Hoya Fight, and left yourself and out no matter what happened here, using this percentage crap.

"Count this among the "bold predictions that really aren't that bold" category. So, if there was no home court advantage, each team has a 50/50 chance each game. That means there's only a 25% chance that GS wins both. Even if you give the home team a 60% chance of winning each game, that still only means they have a 36% chance of winning them both.

So, worst case, Sarge is looking at a 50/50 prop ('cause that is the true odds of each team winning one regardless of home court). "

Did those same percentages say, GS would win game 3, but lose game 4, like I said would happen. Thats , what I thought. Schooled again by Sarge. You ought to just change your sigline to that. Saves me from having to repeat it everytime you decide you want to run your mouth.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I have no idea what series you are watching- to say Utah is the stronger team by far and a matchup nightmare is beyond ludicrous.

This is an evenly matched series between 2 evenly matched squads. Utah is up 3-1, but anyone with a shred of common sense, or knows the game at all realizex for all intents and purposes this series is 2-2 and Utah is ridiculously fortunate to be up 3-1.

Get real- seriously.

I have no idea what series you are watching- to say Utah is the stronger team by far and a matchup nightmare is beyond ludicrous.

This is an evenly matched series between 2 evenly matched squads. Utah is up 3-1, but anyone with a shred of common sense, or knows the game at all realizex for all intents and purposes this series is 2-2 and Utah is ridiculously fortunate to be up 3-1.

Get real- seriously.

LMAO, I somewhat doubt for all intent purposes this series is tied 2-2. If that were the case, this would guarantee to go 2 more games. that isnt the case. Utah can close this out in game 5. So ask GS if they view this next game as game 5 of a 2-2 series or if they are 1 game away from elimination.

Just like a strong running team in football, they wear you out by the end of the game. Utah is wearing GS out. GS was hitting those wide open 3s vs Dallas, but not vs Utah. Why is that, did they go cold shooting. Or did Utah lean on them for 4 periods, and at the end of the game, they dont have the legs they did vs Dallas. Utah is making them work on defense, pounding them inside. The game may be close early on, but just like the OT game, Utah won going away, and that is how I view these teams. Close games, but Utah is stronger, and the longer the game goes, the more Utah pulls away.

When are you ever right about anything. OU is a bad example for me because Im a homer, I admit that. But get real, I punk your ass every time you decide you want to battle, and this was no different. I never claimed greatness about the Dela Hoya fight, I simply said it first, was given props for hitting it on the head, and then you or someone tried to downplay that prediction after the fight as if it was a given. Where the hell were you before the fight saying the same thing I said. Instead you bash me for being right after the fact, when I said it before the fight. Same thing here, I was right. Utah is the stronger team by far. Im not wearing my Maverick colored glasses anymore I wished GS well, and there is no doubt in my mind had they played Houston, they would advance this yr to the Western Conference finals. But Utah is a matchup nightmare like GS was for Dallas. I knew GS wouldnt hold Utah down both games, and predicted GS would win game 3, but lose game 4, when everyone else said they would hold serve at home. Instead of arguing with them, you come after me with percentages, and other BS. Again to discredit my prediction, like it was a given, what I said would happen. Basically in both instances, I was right, you argued after the fact on the Dela Hoya Fight, and left yourself and out no matter what happened here, using this percentage crap.

"Count this among the "bold predictions that really aren't that bold" category. So, if there was no home court advantage, each team has a 50/50 chance each game. That means there's only a 25% chance that GS wins both. Even if you give the home team a 60% chance of winning each game, that still only means they have a 36% chance of winning them both.

So, worst case, Sarge is looking at a 50/50 prop ('cause that is the true odds of each team winning one regardless of home court). "

Did those same percentages say, GS would win game 3, but lose game 4, like I said would happen. Thats , what I thought. Schooled again by Sarge. You ought to just change your sigline to that. Saves me from having to repeat it everytime you decide you want to run your mouth.

Prior to this, I actually only recall ever debating you on two points:

One, you said that OU deserved a spot in the NC game and I didn't.

Two, that you felt that FL didn't deserve a spot in the NC game and I did.

Not exactly sure what your version of "owning" is, but I don't think either played out in your favor.

Edited by detlef