[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2007 NHL Playoffs

Hugh 0ne

Pick your winner's here, comments welcome  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Western Conference #1 vs. #8

• #1 Detroit Red Wings
    • #8 Calgary Flames
  2. 2. Western Conference #2 vs. #7

• #2 Anaheim Mighty Ducks
    • #7 Minnesota Wild
  3. 3. Western Conference #3 vs. #6

• #3 Vancouver Canucks
    • #6 Dallas Stars
  4. 4. Western Conference #4 vs. #5

• #4 Nashville Predators
    • #5 San Jose Sharks

It's technically after lunch. :D

Detroit has a tough matchup, and the mental block of being #1 and losing in the first round last year to deal with. Hasek vs. Kiprosoff makes for quite the goalie matchup as well. I think the Red Wings are too much for the Flames, unless Kipper stands on his head. Red Wings in 6

Another tough series. 4 regular season games were split between the two, and only 8 points seperated them at the end of the regular season. I think this comes down to goaltending, and you have to give the advantage to the experienced Giguere over the NHL unexperienced Backstrom. I think this will be a tight series, low scoring, but I like the Ducks. Mighty Ducks in 7

2 points seperated these guys at the end of the regular season. This is gonna be a great series. Turco's career might be on the line here if he doesn't show for the playoffs once again. Another tight, low scoring seres on tap, and I'll take the Stars in a close one. Dallas in 7

Well, if you want the definition of "bandwagon fan", you'll get the Webster's version if the Preds win. Spain will arrive, dropping hockey knowledge faster than Puddy can change a tire. Don Cherry's coaches corner will be transformed into Spain's Sheep Humper Central. If there is a God, San Jose pulls off the minor upset. They spanked them pretty handily in the first round last year and Spain disappeared faster than a political post in the Tailgate. Let's hope for the same. Sharks in 5

Edited by Hugh 0ne

It's technically after lunch. :D

Detroit has a tough matchup, and the mental block of being #1 and losing in the first round last year to deal with. Hasek vs. Kiprosoff makes for quite the goalie matchup as well. I think the Red Wings are too much for the Flames, unless Kipper stands on his head. Red Wings in 6

Another tough series. 4 regular season games were split between the two, and only 8 points seperated them at the end of the regular season. I think this comes down to goaltending, and you have to give the advantage to the experienced Giguere over the NHL unexperienced Backstrom. I think this will be a tight series, low scoring, but I like the Ducks. Mighty Ducks in 7

2 points seperated these guys at the end of the regular season. This is gonna be a great series. Turco's career might be on the line here if he doesn't show for the playoffs once again. Another tight, low scoring seres on tap, and I'll take the Stars in a close one. Dallas in 7

Well, if you want the definition of "bandwagon fan", you'll get the Webster's version if the Preds win. Spain will arrive, dropping hockey knowledge faster than Puddy can change a tire. Don Cherry's coaches corner will be transformed into Spain's Sheep Humper Central. If there is a God, San Jose pulls off the minor upset. They spanked them pretty handily in the first round last year and Spain disappeared faster than a political post in the Tailgate. Let's hope for the same. Sharks in 5

:D

Oh and I like all the favorites in this conference. I wouldn't be surprised however to see the Sharks win.

I have never picked all the low seeds to win in the first round. I'll make an exception this year, although I can see Minn. upsettin(if you want to call it that) the Ducks. Haven't looked yet for an Eastern Conf. thread.

I love the NHL playoffs, where the guys will die for their teams. Who was the dude that played with the broken leg? My memory is going to sh*t.

Must have been one hell of a lunch. :D

While Detroit is the #1 seed in the west, they have been offensively anemic lately. Granted they get back Zetterberg, and Hasek is a stud, but somehow I see Kipper stealing the series. The Flames sacrificed defense for improved goal scoring this year, and although I think they didn't get all that they bargained for they will still pull out the upset in a very low scoring and tight series. Flames in 7

Let's break down these 2 teams. Goaltending: Giguere has experience but is coming off of a layoff. Bryzgalov is a solid a #2 goalie as they come. Minny has Backstrom, a rookie goaltender with no playoff experience and his backup is Josh Harding with as much playoff experience as Backstrom. Manny will be travelling with the team but will not dress for the games. Defense you have for the Ducks the formidable duo of Pronger and Niedermeyer, and toss in Beauchemin for good measure. Minny counters with Brent Burns, Nick Schultz (who was given a baptism by fire in the 2003 playoffs so he's solid), and Nummelin (sp?), notice I make no mention of Skoula. Foster is a wildcard for the Wild D, as he's been a healthy scratch quite a few times this year. Scoring wise you have for the Ducks Selanne, MacDonald, Getzlaf, Kunitz, et. al. For the Wild you have the dynamic pair of Gaborik/Demitra, as well as the line of Rolston/White/Bouchard. All signs point to Anaheim winning this series, but the variable one cannot account for is heart. Therefor I call the Wild in 7

In this series, if you want to see high octane goal scoring and up and down the ice action, this ain't it. If you want to take a snooze and wake up late in the 3rd to what might be a 1-1 game, then this is the series for you. Two teams with very tight defenses and scoring seems to be secondary. Whatever offense the Stars can put forth with Modano, Morrow, and maybe Nagy will be countered by the Sedin twins. This will come down to goaltending. Turco has been shaky in the playoffs, while Luongo has never been to the post season. In this case it's better the devil you don't know. As much as it galls me to make this pick, I say the Canucks in 6

In a series that will cause yet another minor blood vessel to pop in Spain's head, the beat up Preds, with a gimpy Forsberg and Sullivan will get overrun by a bigger, faster, and more offensively prolific Sharks lineup. Goalies in this game are a wash as far as I'm concerned, and Nashville has been relying heavily on rookies this year on the blue line. It won't be enough to carry them to the second round however. Sharks in 5

I have never picked all the low seeds to win in the first round. I'll make an exception this year, although I can see Minn. upsettin(if you want to call it that) the Ducks. Haven't looked yet for an Eastern Conf. thread.

I love the NHL playoffs, where the guys will die for their teams. Who was the dude that played with the broken leg? My memory is going to sh*t.

i'm sure there have been others but bobby baun scored the winning goal in game 6 for the maple leafs in the 1964 cup finals to force a game 7 . here is a link to his story not sure if this is who you were thinking of.

http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/Legend...sp?player=11937

i'm sure there have been others but bobby baun scored the winning goal in game 6 for the maple leafs in the 1964 cup finals to force a game 7 . here is a link to his story not sure if this is who you were thinking of.

http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/Legend...sp?player=11937

Not broken, but The Captain skated with no knee to speak of in a few playoff series.

RE: Stars v Canucks

In this series, if you want to see high octane goal scoring and up and down the ice action, this ain't it. If you want to take a snooze and wake up late in the 3rd to what might be a 1-1 game, then this is the series for you.

I may have been a tad off in this assumption. :D

Edited by SeductiveNun

Wow! Thank God I was off today. I stayed up and watched that whole Vancouver-Dallas game. Now I can say I have watched 5 of the top 10 longest games in NHL playoff history.

3rd longest) Philly 2 Pittsburgh 1 92:01 Thats 92:01 on top of 60:00 regulation I was bummed to say the least

4th) Anaheim 4 Dallas 3 80:48 Why did I stay up watching 2 non-homer teams? Once you start, you just want to see the outcome. Plus, it's fun watching these guys so tired that they can barely shoot the puck.

5th) Pittsburgh 3 Washington 2 79:15 It was worth being tired as sh*t the next day

6th) Vancouver 5 Dallas 4 78:06 Just last night. What a start to the 2007 playoffs!

10th) Buffalo 1 New Jersey 0 I still had the big satellite dish. My roomy at the time couldn't believe I stayed up and watched the whole thing. I can't either.

The others, with the exception of 1987's Islanders beating the Caps(i think) were before my time. Pat LaFontayne scored the winner for the Isles.

I just hope there's not too many more like last night, 'cause I'm liable to watch them in their entirety too. :D

Wow! Thank God I was off today. I stayed up and watched that whole Vancouver-Dallas game. Now I can say I have watched 5 of the top 10 longest games in NHL playoff history.

3rd longest) Philly 2 Pittsburgh 1 92:01 Thats 92:01 on top of 60:00 regulation I was bummed to say the least

4th) Anaheim 4 Dallas 3 80:48 Why did I stay up watching 2 non-homer teams? Once you start, you just want to see the outcome. Plus, it's fun watching these guys so tired that they can barely shoot the puck.

5th) Pittsburgh 3 Washington 2 79:15 It was worth being tired as sh*t the next day

6th) Vancouver 5 Dallas 4 78:06 Just last night. What a start to the 2007 playoffs!

10th) Buffalo 1 New Jersey 0 I still had the big satellite dish. My roomy at the time couldn't believe I stayed up and watched the whole thing. I can't either.

The others, with the exception of 1987's Islanders beating the Caps(i think) were before my time. Pat LaFontayne scored the winner for the Isles.

I just hope there's not too many more like last night, 'cause I'm liable to watch them in their entirety too. :D

I was bartending last night and 'watched' (as much as I could) the entire game through the 3rd OT.

I finally closed up shop and drove the 5 minutes home to find out that I missed the goal :D

Ugh, have the Wild been pathetic on the power play the entire series so far. 0-14, and gave up one short handed goal in that time. Down 3-0, and I don't see any improvement yet. I don't know if we need more size up front to put up a better forecheck to keep the Ducks from gaining the zone so easily, or if our D is just not as good as it was in 2003 (which I'm pretty convinced is true). Either way, I'm breaking out the old school gear for game 4 on Tuesday. North Stars jersey, North Stars had, and Canadiens t-shirt listing each of their 24 Stanley Cup Championships and hoping this turns the tide.

Because, like, superstition and whimsical hopes of fans always supercedes the ability of the other team. Right? :D

Chester, I'll bee looking for you dude. :D

Now that was finally a display of what the Wild can do. I'm only afraid it may be a case of too little too late though. :D

Props to the Wild for honoring Gaetan Duchesne during the game. :tup:

Chester, nice to meet you. Keep the Slovakian jersey going. It's good luck. If there's a game 6 and I get tickets for it, next beer is on me. :D

WIN IT FOR THE DUKE!!!!!!