[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top movies that became TV shows

Ramhock

Fox's Parker Lewis Can't Lose, though not an "official" adaptation of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, was pretty well done

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was very well-done and inventive

Fox's Parker Lewis Can't Lose, though not an "official" adaptation of Ferris Bueller's Day Off, was pretty well done

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was very well-done and inventive

Wow.

Those were my two thoughts.

There actually was an official "Ferris Beuler" TV show that was canceled after half a season. The lead of the official show actually made an uncredited cameo on Parker Lewis to pass the torch.

how about the fugitive?

edit: except that was the other way around :D

:D I'm trying to remember if there was a tv show that was adapted to a movie that was adapted back into a tv show. That HAS to have happened by now.

:D I'm trying to remember if there was a tv show that was adapted to a movie that was adapted back into a tv show. That HAS to have happened by now.

hmm, how about superman? seems like that one went tv show, tv show, movie, movie, movie, tv show, tv show, movie, tv show. of course, that's probably cheating a bit since it's all really based on those dumb comic books.

hmm, how about superman? seems like that one went tv show, tv show, movie, movie, movie, tv show, tv show, movie, tv show. of course, that's probably cheating a bit since it's all really based on those dumb comic books.

Movie serials and the Fleischer cartoons predated the EXISTENCE of tv, much less the Superman tv show.

Watch Hollywoodland. The comic books came 1st but the TV show came before the movies.

The Fleischers did their first Superman cartoon - which was shown in theatres - in 1941.

The first Superman movie serial came out in 1948

The Adventures of Superman ran on tv from 1952-58.

No Superman FEATURE existed before the tv show, but he had been on the big screen prior to that. Movie serials were sorta like the tv shows of their day, in a sense.

The current Battlestar Galactica. It was a mini-series/3 hour TV movie first instead of a pilot.

I believe a live action and a cartoon series are both due out in the Star Wars universe. Hopefully they don't blow as much as the lst three movies.

The current Battlestar Galactica. It was a mini-series/3 hour TV movie first instead of a pilot.

Yeah, but it was a TV movie - not to mention the existence of the 70s show Battlestar Galactica.

The last season of Angel was probably the best single season of either Buffy or Angel. I was :D when they cancelled it.

Both shows had some really great moments and some not so great. Buffy wasn't all that great towards the end, but then Angel was getting better so that helped the withdrawal.

Star Trek?

Seems to me it was a TV show in the 60's, multiple-movies in the 70's-80s, and back to the TV in the 90's as The Next Generation.