[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bye bye basement

Hugh 0ne

After a valiant effort, mother nature was too much and my basement flooded last night. My back yard has about 4 feet of water in spots. I was running 2 sump pumps, but they just couldn't handle the volume of water. We got about 8 inches of rain in 24 hours.

I busted my ass to finish that basement, and was in the final stages of doing the finish molding. :D

This sucks my anus. :D

:tup:

I'll post some pics later, gotta go for now. :D:clap::clap::clap::doh::D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a valiant effort, mother nature was too much and my basement flooded last night. My back yard has about 4 feet of water in spots. I was running 2 sump pumps, but they just couldn't handle the volume of water. We got about 8 inches of rain in 24 hours.

I busted my ass to finish that basement, and was in the final stages of doing the finish molding. :D

:clap: Wow, sorry to hear this.

That sucks big time...Best of luck.

Sorry bro. I know what its like.

My wife and I had moved into a new house we were buying this summer and it got 5 inches in the finished basement where we happened to be storing a bunch of personal stuff (eg wedding stuff, etc.). We hadnt closed on the sale by owner deal and quickly moved out. I was down there forever cleaning up and salvaging though, and had to take a toilet off the seal to drain the water which quickly refilled. Eventually got it emptied with sumps.

:D

sorry man, that sucks.

Damn that sucks.

I guess the brightside is that it wasn't a sewer backup so at least you don't have poop floating around down there like we did. I had to have the entire lower level professionally serviced by some hazardous waste company.

The house I live in now had hugh water problems when my grand parents were living here. a few things were done to deal with this, including regrading the yard and adding some drainage facility outside. Inside, we added a Basement Technologies system. It's a water channeling system that routes water as it comes in the walls into a drain with a pump. LMK if you want to know more.

Sorry about this. The downstairs was schweet. is the TV okay?

Crap dude...that sucks. That really bites. :D

I was under the house in the crawl space a few hours yesterday plugging up little cracks in the masonry foundation that was letting a little water flow in. My stupid-ass builder. Luckily he did install a drain.

Wow!! That's horrible Hugh. Good luck with the clean and remember look at the bright side, you're not me. :D

i've had some basement crap myself the last few weeks. first, we were having some problems with the washing machine line backing up so we called a plumber out and he was pulling back dirt, so we know we've got a broken or diconnected drain line under the basement floor that will require jackhammering and all that. that's bad enough but now i'm worried, if one pipe is falling apart (it's a 50+ year-old house) how is the mainline? :D

then easter weekend, it got pretty f'n cold here. i had already turned on my sprinkler system during the warm weeks before, and like a moran i didn't turn it off and clear out the valvle....so easter sunday i get a call from my neighbor, the popoff valve froze and busted, water was going everywhere, but he turned it off from the outside. i got home, got online and found the replacement part for 30 bucks, sweet, disaster averted. then i went downstairs....and suddenly my socks are soaked. :D all that water went down one of my window wells. lots of shop-vaccing water out of the carpet, and then using it as a blower under the carpet...i think we've dried it out enough that mold and chit won't be a problem.