Sign in to follow this  
muck

Team Needs

As shown tonight on the NFL channel, here is Mike Mayock's list of each team and their top four or five needs (shown in his order from left to right; meaning Mayock thinks that OAK needs a OG more than they need a TE). This is prolly a pretty good place to start for all us novice mock-drafters.

OAK

QB, OT, OG, TE, WR

DET

QB, OL, CB, DT, DE

CLE

QB, OL, DL, RB, CB

TB

DT, LB, DL, RB, CB

ARI

OT, LB, RB, DT

WAS

DE, DT, QB, LB, WR

MIN

WR, DE, QB, CB

HOU

OL, S, CB, DT, WR

MIA

OT, QB, DL, WR

ATL

S, WR, OT, DE, CB

SF

DE, WR, CB, S, LB

BUF

CB, LB, RB, TE

STL

DE, DT, CB, RB

CAR

OT, OG, LB, S, DE

PIT

LB, OL, LB, DL, WR

GB

RB, WR, TE, CB, S

JAX

S, OG, LB, DE, QB

CIN

DB, LB, OG, DE, TE

TEN

WR, CB, DE, RB, LB

NYG

LB, DB, OT, WR, DT

DEN

DE, S ,OL, LB

DAL

DB, DT, OL, QB, LB

KC

OT, OG, WR, DT, LB

SEA

TE, S, CB, OG, DT

NYJ

TE, CB, DT, OT, LB

PHI

S, CB, LB, WR, RB

NOR

CB, DT, TE, OL, WR

NE

S, C, OL, LB

BAL

OT, OG, CB, LB, QB

SD

S, WR, OL DL, RB

CHI

WR, DT, TE, S, LB

IND

DT, LB, WR, RB

Mayock is my favorite draft pundit.... but he shouuld stick to that.

Jets needs:

CB

WR

RG

RT

LG

WR

CB

OLB

ILB

Then..... maybe a TE.

SEA

TE, S, CB, OG, DT

S? They signed 2 free agents a month ago.

CB? They've drafted 2 in the 1st Round in the last 3 years.

They need a TE, an OG, and a DT, and not necessarily in that order.

CIN

DB, LB, OG, DE, TE

Can't argue too much with this except for OG. Adrew Whitworth (2nd round pick - at OT) will be filling in for Steinbach, and should do well. They can always use depth.

I don't see WR on Dallas list and I think that should be in their top 5 needs without a doubt

He nailed Minnesota, IMO.

Yep. Many others say that we need a TE but this is obviously what we need. Although we could've needed a TE at the time that the other reports were printed, I'd still say it would rank below these needs.

I'd still add Head Coach as a need until proven otherwise. :D

Edited by MikesVikes

Yep. Many others say that we need a TE but this is obviously what we need. Although we could've needed a TE at the time that the other reports were printed, I'd still say it would rank below these needs.

I'd still add Head Coach as a need until proven otherwise. :tup:

:doh::D:D:D:D

I'd still add Head Coach as a need until proven otherwise. :D

Kinda stole my thunder with this one but I felt that a new owner should've been on the list for several teams starting with the Raiders and SuperBowl contending Cowboys.

I disagree with the OT and OG for Carolina, what we need is for our current O Linemen is to be healthy and Bridges was a nice addition last year, and may become a starter by the end of TC and PS.

IND

DT, LB, WR, RB

I disagree that WR is a major need for the Colts right now, especially since Dallas Clark lines up in the slot in 3-WR sets. Moorehead is a decent #4. Hell, Terrance Wilkins could play WR in an emergency. They should draft a WR, but not until the 5th or 6th round.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Philly needs were addressed, though the inclusion of RB was a bit odd, seeing that Westbrook is only 28, and they have decent depth with Buck and Moats.

Rather than RB, he should have mentioned QB...yep, with McNabb 30'ish and injuries playing a factor almost every year, its time to start grooming a youngster for the future.

I'd rather see safety in there for the Bucs instead of RB, too early to give up on Caddy yet (especially given how much we need a safety).

ATL

S, WR, OT, DE, CB

I'd put WR only ahead of CB. S is tops but any DT, not just DE, is now needed considering age and the pending lawsuit by Grady Jackson against the team re: disclosure of an injury.

Kinda stole my thunder with this one but I felt that a new owner should've been on the list for several teams starting with the Raiders and SuperBowl contending Cowboys.

Jerry Jones is a great owner, if not the best... He just needs to learn to let other people make the g.m. decisions...

IND

DT, LB, WR, RB

Delete the "RB" and he's pretty much on it. Although all things being equal, I'd opt for an OT over a WR.

please explain...

he nailed Philly....and yes...Mayock is a beast when it comes to the draft...

one Mayock segment could blow Kipers wig clear off his head...

This dude obviously doesn't spend much time on teams that aren't contenders. QB and DT aren't even close to top needs for the Lions.

DEN

DE, S ,OL, LB

i agree with that, but i would add DT as an area the broncos could really use a nice young player or two. maybe WR or RB if the right value is there.

my preference in the first and second rounds would be for them to take the highest rated player at any defensive position besides cornerback.

I disagree that WR is a major need for the Colts right now, especially since Dallas Clark lines up in the slot in 3-WR sets. Moorehead is a decent #4. Hell, Terrance Wilkins could play WR in an emergency. They should draft a WR, but not until the 5th or 6th round.

FYI Moorehead and Wilkins are free agents that have not been re-signed. The Colts are paper thin at WR right now. . . two Pro Bowlers and then nothing. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Delete the "RB" and he's pretty much on it. Although all things being equal, I'd opt for an OT over a WR.

Why don't they need a RB? Addai has always been a "share-the-load" type RB. Rhodes an Mungro are gone. Dede Dorsey is the only other RB on the roster. While I think the Colts are happy with him, I do think they could use another back. . .

At OT they have Tarik Glenn, Ryan Diem, and Charlie Johnson (who filled in more than adequately for Diem for the majority of the Super Bowl).

WR is a much bigger need than either of those two positions. Harrison and Wayne are all they have right now.

Edited by CaptainHook