[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Billy Joel

Piranha

Albany NY

Just got back. Great show! Great performer, songwriter.

I think he was actually more drunk than I was... which actually made it alot of fun !

:D

Albany NY

Just got back. Great show! Great performer, songwriter.

I think he was actually more drunk than I was... which actually made it alot of fun !

My first "rock" concert ever. :D

He has written some great tunes, despite the fact he has kind of morphed into an overhyped lounge type performer after the late 70's.

I think he was actually more drunk than I was...

You don't say :D

Next you'll reveal that he might be shorter than you

Remember seeing footage of Billy Joel playing with Elton John, where Joel is HAMMMMMMERED :D and starts riffing by randomly yelling out the names of various WWII battles in the middle of the song. Also does a jig and hugs Elton John. You know that when you have Elton John quizzically backing away from you, it is time for rehab....which it was for our little Alkie friend.

I saw him last year in DC and absolutely loved the show. But I'm pretty sure he was sober at the time. He made several cracks about his required sobriety, in fact. Wasn't he ordered to go to AA or something like that?

But yeah, awesome show. Did he do Good Night Saigon? He had brought up a bunch of vets to do the chorus, but you didn't know they were there until they brought up the lights. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house.

I saw him in Dallas in the early 90's when he was still married to Christie. The concert was right after she had some sort of accident either skiing or car...can't remember. Somebody in the audience yelled out "how's Christie doing?" and his response was something like "that biatch is fine"...it came out a little later that she got hurt while with a companion...they divorced soon after.

I saw him in Dallas in the early 90's when he was still married to Christie. The concert was right after she had some sort of accident either skiing or car...can't remember. Somebody in the audience yelled out "how's Christie doing?" and his response was something like "that biatch is fine"...it came out a little later that she got hurt while with a companion...they divorced soon after.

I've seen her on those infomercials with Carlos Norris ... I never would have known she was a philandering hooor. She seems like she'd be a real goody-goody.

:D

Edited by muck

I would love to see Billy in concert, drunk or sober

As would I. I have his Millennium Concert CD and he sounds pretty good live.

Too bad about his drinking, though. Didn't he ram his car into his house or garage a few years ago? IIRC, he claimed that he wasn't drunk, but then ended up in rehab soon after.

As would I. I have his Millennium Concert CD and he sounds pretty good live.

Too bad about his drinking, though. Didn't he ram his car into his house or garage a few years ago? IIRC, he claimed that he wasn't drunk, but then ended up in rehab soon after.

Yes he actually had a few 'incidents' with a car. He joked and said he wanted to thank everyone for coming because he needed the money for car insurance.

Here's the review from the local paper.