Sign in to follow this  
PantherDave

So, what gives-Lance Briggs.

This is all I heard on getting out of the car while the Dan Patrick show was on....a multiple 1st round swaping between several teams in order for one to land Briggs :D -so what is this..somebody give up some info!!

Sorry, I tend to mentally tune him out... and especially when Olbermann comes on.

Yeah, that can be nauseous at times, it was in the lead off to the show, but I had to come in and do some paperwork and forgot to turn on the house radio.

It appears..via roto, that the Bucs would offer the Bears the 4th? Not sure if it would be a swap of 1st round picks and the Bucs get Briggs, or the Bucs give up the 4 and the Bears get two 1st round picks for Briggs :D ..You gotta be fuggin kidding me :D

It appears..via roto, that the Bucs would offer the Bears the 4th? Not sure if it would be a swap of 1st round picks and the Bucs get Briggs, or the Bucs give up the 4 and the Bears get two 1st round picks for Briggs :D ..You gotta be fuggin kidding me :D

:tup: Please let this be true. I'd hate to see Briggs in our division, but it'd be great to see them blow 1st round draft picks for him.

Um, so then the Bucs would have Brooks, June, and Briggs... THREE weak-side linebackers. Why? :tup:

Um, so then the Bucs would have Brooks, June, and Briggs... THREE weak-side linebackers. Why? :D

I have know idea? I just don't see giving that up for Briggs regardless.

:D There's so much talent at fourth I think I prefer to Briggs...

Edited by MonkeyOne

egg-sackley

I have know idea? I just don't see giving that up for Briggs regardless.

Agreed. Even if they did need a WLB, that's a very steep asking price for Briggs.

Agreed. Even if they did need a WLB, that's a very steep asking price for Briggs.

I thought the word outta TB was June moving to SLB anyway? I believe some feel he, Briggs, could play SLB as well-No?

Yeah I just don't see this happening......

I thought the word outta TB was June moving to SLB anyway? I believe some feel he, Briggs, could play SLB as well-No?

Yeah I think June will be moving to SLB and Brooks will keep his WLB spot.

Yeah I just don't see this happening......

As Randal pointed out in another thread...alot of crap get's thrown around this week.

Yeah I think June will be moving to SLB and Brooks will keep his WLB spot.

I don't understand that move. June isn't nearly as good a tackler as Brooks (unless Brooks has massively regressed recently or something).

I heard they wanted to get rid of Brooks and keep June on the weak also. Talk about Briggs moving to mid or strong if they did for some reason trade for him. I can't remember if he pissed someone off or if it was the $, but from the gossip it seems Brooks is on the outs.

I heard they wanted to get rid of Brooks and keep June on the weak also. Talk about Briggs moving to mid or strong if they did for some reason trade for him. I can't remember if he pissed someone off or if it was the $, but from the gossip it seems Brooks is on the outs.

Briggs at SLB would make more sense than June at SLB, IMO.

It appears..via roto, that the Bucs would offer the Bears the 4th? Not sure if it would be a swap of 1st round picks and the Bucs get Briggs, or the Bucs give up the 4 and the Bears get two 1st round picks for Briggs :D ..You gotta be fuggin kidding me :tup:

The Bears don't get two picks if it's a 4th for Briggs swap, just the 4th belonging to TB. They already own #31. Whatever, I'd take this deal in a heartbeat. #4 AND #31? :D

I remember them saying there was 5 teams still talking about trading for Briggs.

I don't recall if they named the teams.

The Bears don't get two picks if it's a 4th for Briggs swap, just the 4th belonging to TB. They already own #31. Whatever, I'd take this deal in a heartbeat. #4 AND #31? :D

Im sure you would. Its not going to happen though.

Swerski, you keep talking like Brooks has several years left - this deal makes sense for the Bucs with an aging defense. Now, giving up the 4th overall pick :D not sure Briggs is worth all that, but being a Bears fan I will certainly take it :D

Swerski, you keep talking like Brooks has several years left -

I do? Funny, I thought that my concern had to do with June playing SLB.