[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

worst first-round picks ever

dabuffbills

29. Dimitrius Underwood, DE, Minnesota Vikings (1999) :D

I guess Denny didn't do his homework on this guy or he thought he could turn him into a good person like many others he tried to rehabilitate.

Underwood sat out his last season at Michigan State for no legitimate reason and coaches at MSU told NFL scouts he wasn't mentally stable, Underwood was physically impressive enough to get the Vikings to take a leap … right off a cliff.

How the heck do you take a 1st round flyer on that guy?

I guess Denny didn't do his homework on this guy or he thought he could turn him into a good person like many others he tried to rehabilitate.

How the heck do you take a 1st round flyer on that guy?

No kidding!

I remember he showed up at Mankato State wearing fatigues like he was there to take the place by force or somethin. What an idiot!

Shame on the Vikings for that embarassment (amongst many)!

JMO, it's kind of dumb to name someone that was a good player but had a career ending injury relatively early on "the worst pick of all time" at a draft slot. Lazy way to make the decision.

Yeah and the PSU RB hate thing was already old before he brought it up - repeatedly. Yeah thanks for reminding us how bad LJ sucks :D Those Mich QBs suck too, guaranteed.....no wait......

Andre Bruce should definitely be mentioned. He was drafted by the Atlanta Falcons as the 1st pick in the entire draft (late 80's I think). :D:D Incredibly overhyped out of Auburn. Played about 3 years in Atlanta, then they shipped him out to Oakland.

Also, another lil' bit of trivia that I heard on a local radio station recently...

In Atlanta's 2nd year in the league ('67?), NOT ONE OF THEIR 16 DRAFT PICKS MADE THE TEAM THAT YEAR!!! 0 FER 16!!! They were basically still an expansion team, and yet they couldn't draft a single player in 16 rounds good enough to make the roster. WOW!!!

Now that's what I call a bad draft.

"Paging Mr. Mamula, Mr. Mike Mamula....."

This guy represents all that is wrong about the combine. Then again, some team believed the hype...

For my money, all time, worst draft pick is Ryan Leaf. Akili Smith, Robert Gallery, Tony Mandarich and Blair Thomas are closely behind.

JMO, it's kind of dumb to name someone that was a good player but had a career ending injury relatively early on "the worst pick of all time" at a draft slot. Lazy way to make the decision.

like on his SECOND play from scrimmage in his FIRST preseason game. Bengals deserve quite a bit of credit for some lame first-round draft picks during the dark years, but repeated bashing over this one continues to amaze me.

where does Len Bias rank on the list of lousy NBA draft picks? Talk about a horrible choice! I don't think he ever scored a point for the Celtics.

Edited by Bengal Mania