[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who did ya Hate

nuke'em ttg

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I friggin' detest Joey Galloway and that will never change.

I still can't stand TO, but I think he's a good villian for the game now that the Romanowski's and Irvin's are gone from the league. Pac-Man's a joke so he can't take the spot.

I never liked John Elway when he played or Dan Marino, but I've changed my stance on Elway since he left the game.

John Riggins. Hated him because we was a Redskin, a danged hippie, but a good runner. We get the feed of his radio show now and he's pretty danged good. Plus, he admitted he was a Cowboys fan when he was a kid. :D

I honestly can't understand how anyone could hate Michael Jordan and call themselves a basketball fan.

I really, really hated the Lakers in the 80's. I was such a hugh Celtics fan, and they were the Debil to me...worse than the 76ers or the Pistons. But at the same time, I could not bring myself to hate Earvin Johnson. What a player.

Jordan was the only reason I watched Basketball in the 90's after the Celtics were destroyed. ( :D ). He is truly the most impressive athlete I have ever watched play a professional sport (all due respect to Wayne Gretsky...I was never a hockey fan)

i'm the same way. i hated the detroit redwings of the late 90s, but there was no way i could bring myself to hate steve yzerman or nick lidstrom (chelios and brendan shanahan, 'nother story). i can't even bring myself to hate barry bonds...just too much appreciation for his god-given talent. i loved iverson before he got here. and so on.

so i don't really have any good names to nominate for this thread. :D

tootie

Very nice, Gil. Very nice. It had to be the song.

but you end up liking? :D

Don't be a wet rag raining on the parade. :D

As for me.... Grits. I had some issues with him early on and in fact am on his ignore list but over the last two years reading some (not all) of his posts, I've come to the conclusion that he's not half bad and many times gives solid advice and can be well grounded.

Jason Varitek. He's been a Yankee killer but he's a hell of a catcher/player.

You're mad because he's gotten faster as he's aged. I believe he's down to a 2.9 40 now. :D

He was one of my favorite players when he was with the Hawks, but after he held out and forced the move to Dallas he was dead to me. Any medical problem he could possibly have I hope he comes down with, except the High Five of course.

i can't even bring myself to hate barry bonds...

See....Bonds is hate worthy because he's such an ass. other guys mentioned are not een close to his level of assclownery.

And it's too bad, because the man could be beloved if he were not such an unmitigated and unrelenting Megan Fox.

See....Bonds is hate worthy because he's such an ass.

well, maybe i should clarify. i definitely think the guy is a prick. if i had to deal with him on a personal level i would probably hate him. but for me, as a baseball fan, the perfection of his swing and the enormity of his athletic talent trumps that.

Michael Jackson but then I got invited to Never, Never Land for a sleepover. :D

Edited by irish

I hated U2 whrn they were popular in the 80s. I no longer do.

I'm just the opposite. I despise them now. Uno. Dos. Tres. Catorce. ???

Justin Timberlake - hated his punk ass, but then saw how down to earth and genuinely funny he can be (SNL, etc.). I still wouldn't listen to his music, but the guy is likeable now IMO.

I agree. And actually, a couple of his songs are listenable

I'm just the opposite. I despise them now. Uno. Dos. Tres. Catorce. ???

Given how good the rest of that album is, I'll have to give them a pass. That's probably the third-best piece of work that they've put out in their distinguished career. They've aged like fine wine.

I agree. And actually, a couple of his songs are listenable

:D

bonds...... i am a pretty diehard giants fan. he has been such a prick most of his career, but actually started to become more personable a year or 2 before the inquisition. i think he hit a point in his career where he knew he wasn't going to last foreever and started to have a little more fun with media, teammates, etc.

bonds...... i am a pretty diehard giants fan. he has been such a prick most of his career, but actually started to become more personable a year or 2 before the inquisition. i think he hit a point in his career where he knew he wasn't going to last foreever and started to have a little more fun with media, teammates, etc.

I've always liked Bonds despite the whole steroids deal. The press has hounded him relentlessly over the years because he refuses to play their game.

On a similar note I choose The Rocket. Towards the end of his career I've really grown to respect him

I've always liked Bonds despite the whole steroids deal. The press has hounded him relentlessly over the years because he refuses to play their game.

On a similar note I choose The Rocket. Towards the end of his career I've really grown to respect him

Man, I put Clemens in the "how could anyone hate him" category. Greatest pitcher in this era. I mean, I hated his success as a Yankee, but in the end always wanted him to come back to Boston.