[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Swiss' mock draft

Swiss Cheezhead

1. OAK – Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech.

2. DET – Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

3. CLE – Jamarcus Russell, QB, Louisiana St.

4. TBB – Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin

5. ARI – Levi Brown, OT, Pennsylvania St.

6. BUF (from WAS) – Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

7. MIN – Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville

8. ATL – Laron Landry, S, Louisiana St.

9. MIA – Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

10. HOU – Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

11. SFF – Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi

12. WAS (from BUF) – Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

13. STL – Adam Carriker, Nebraska

14. CAR – Ted Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio St.

15. PIT – Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida

16. GBP – Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh

17. JAC – Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia

18. CIN – Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

19. TEN – Dwayne Bowe, WR, Louisiana St.

20. NYG – Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

21. DEN – Paul Posluszny, LB, Pennsylvania St.

22. DAL – Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

23. KCC – Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas

24. NEP – Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

25. NYJ – Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas

26. PHI – Tanard Jackson, CB, Syracuse

27. NOS – Greg Olsen, TE, Miami (FL)

28. NEP – David Harris, LB, Michigan

29. CAR (from BAL) – Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)

30. SDC – Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio St.

31. CHI – Zach Miller, TE, Arizona St.

32. IND – Aundrae Allison, WR, E. Carolina

This is pretty much my final version, but I'm probably going to tweak it a few times tomorrow evening. :D

The Vikes will never take Okoye over Landry, imo. I think that they consider Quinn as one of the blue chippers in this draft and not Okoye since the team mentioned that there are 8 of them followed by a step down. That would be two players the Vikes would need to pass over in favor of Okoye. I'm assuming that Okoye is on the second tier on their list.

They have run stuffing DT's but are very much in need for DE's.

Edited by MikesVikes

Not a bad mock Swiss. I'm a bit skeptical the Saints would take a TE over one of the CBs or LBs available in your scenario considering we just signed Eric Johnson, but I know it would definitely be hard to pass Oleson up that late in the 1st.

The Vikes will never take Okoye over Landry, imo. I think that they consider Quinn as one of the blue chippers in this draft and not Okoye since the team mentioned that there are 8 of them followed by a step down. That would be two players the Vikes would need to pass over in favor of Okoye. I'm assuming that Okoye is on the second tier on their list.

So you think you have a pretty good idea of who makes up that list of 8 "blue-chip" players? From what I heard from Spielman, it didn't sound like Quinn was one of those guys -- he basically said he'd look to trade the pick if Quinn were there for them.

Landry is a good option, but the way they've loaded up on safeties makes me think otherwise.

The reason I went with Okoye is because they only have 3 DTs on their roster right now. Obviously, they'll sign more one way or another, but it's a pretty obvious sign of their lack of depth behind the two studs.

Not a bad mock Swiss. I'm a bit skeptical the Saints would take a TE over one of the CBs or LBs available in your scenario considering we just signed Eric Johnson, but I know it would definitely be hard to pass Oleson up that late in the 1st.

That one should have been in bold, as well -- it was a tough call. I just didn't think CB or LB was a good value there. I'm not high on Timmons or Beason, and I haven't heard the Saints are either.

Robert Meacham slips out of the 1st round behind the likes of other much less talented WR's Anthony Gonzalez and Aundra Allison? :D

Both of whom have equal speed and are much more polished route-runners. Meachem is overrated simply because he barely ran under a 4.4. There's a reason his 40 time was a surprise -- because he was a 2nd-round prospect before he ran.

I like Meachem, but it'll take a while before he's ready to contribute regularly.

I need to get out more I guess because I must have missed something... or I am not paying attention. When did Washington make that trade of picks with Buffalo out of the 6th spot?

Just part of my projection. :D

If Peterson makes it all the way to Washington, I think Buffalo would be stupid not to pick up the phone and make the deal. We all know the 'Skins desperately want out of #6 (especially if Adams is gone), so the Bills could get AP relatively cheap. I'd applaud them for it.

For some reason, I get the feeling that J Russell is going to slip past Quinn. I like Quinn to go to Cleveland, and think that Russell either goes 4th to TB, goes 4th to TB and is traded to Minn, or goes 7th to Minn. Maybe 4th to TB and traded to Mia. In my draft contest post I have him being drafted by Minn, because that's where I think he will end up

Just part of my projection. :D

If Peterson makes it all the way to Washington, I think Buffalo would be stupid not to pick up the phone and make the deal. We all know the 'Skins desperately want out of #6 (especially if Adams is gone), so the Bills could get AP relatively cheap. I'd applaud them for it.

As high as the 'Skins are on Okoye I doubt that they would trade out of that spot if he is still there. Am now thinking that they will not go with Adams even if he is there.

Nooooooo!!!

:D:D:tup:

I think the Panthers will likely spend their #14 pick with a guy like Anderson, Willis or Nelson. I feeling is that both Anderson and Willis will be gone at their pick, however, I think Nelson will be available and will likely be the Panthers selection as the guy still has upside IMO and fills a big hole for the Panthers in their secondary. The only safety on the roster right now is Minter as both Shaun Williams and Colin Branch that shared the position last year are FAs that will not be re-signed.

Ever since the PSU - OSU game of a few years ago, I have been underwhelmed by Ginn. He has speed, which is great, but I am not sure if he will have blossom into a top level guy in the NFL and may be a glorified STer with his ability to return punts and kickoffs.

Nooooooo!!!

:D:D:tup:

I think the Panthers will likely spend their #14 pick with a guy like Anderson, Willis or Nelson. I feeling is that both Anderson and Willis will be gone at their pick, however, I think Nelson will be available and will likely be the Panthers selection as the guy still has upside IMO and fills a big hole for the Panthers in their secondary. The only safety on the roster right now is Minter as both Shaun Williams and Colin Branch that shared the position last year are FAs that will not be re-signed.

Ever since the PSU - OSU game of a few years ago, I have been underwhelmed by Ginn. He has speed, which is great, but I am not sure if he will have blossom into a top level guy in the NFL and may be a glorified STer with his ability to return punts and kickoffs.

Two things:

1. As you remember, I had the Panthers taking Nelson in my 1st version. Then, though, I started hearing everywhere that the kid's just not very smart. From several sources, personnel guys are afraid Nelson will struggle to handle NFL defenses. I think Carolina learned their lesson in that regard with Thomas Davis. He's doing O.K. now, but he didn't pick things up very quickly.

2. I'm not so sure the Panthers will be able to re-sign Steve Smith when the time comes (next year?). They have Peppers and Gross to worry about, and Smith will demand BIG money. I think they could easily decide to groom Ginn to replace Smith in the same role. If any rookie in this class could, it would be Ginn. He's almost as fluid as Smith and probably a little faster.

As high as the 'Skins are on Okoye I doubt that they would trade out of that spot if he is still there. Am now thinking that they will not go with Adams even if he is there.

I agree. I think the Skins have Adams below Okoye, Landry, and possibly even Jamaal Anderson.

Amobi Okoye from NFLDraftcoundown:

Has four years of Division I playing experience but will still only be a 20-year-old rookie in the NFL...A native of Nigeria who tested into the 9th grade as a 12-year-old and played at Louisville as a 16-year-old true freshman in '03...The NFL Draft has never seen a prospect quite like this and even though he is already a very good player now it's his upside that is really intriguing...Impact interior lineman.

I am starting to like this kid - he is only 19 years old!!!

The Vikings have options dependng who is on the board. If Landry is on the board, they will make a call to New England to see if they will trade their TWO 1st round picks for the #7spot. I think safety is big need for them and Landry would fit nicely. I think if they can't trade down, it will be between one of the QB's, Okoye, Levi Brown and Landry. My gut feeling tells me they might pass on Peterson because 3 of the last 4 first round picks have landed on injured reserve.

I'd be curious where you think he'd go. Just didn't make sense for any team after the Packers.

Titans perhaps? If Lynch is there, Tennessee will have to at least give it some consideration. since the end of the season, I have been convinced that the Titans would take a WR. Now I am hedging. I think they go CB(probably Ross if he is there). But if Lynch falls, then they may jump on him.

Titans perhaps? If Lynch is there, Tennessee will have to at least give it some consideration. since the end of the season, I have been convinced that the Titans would take a WR. Now I am hedging. I think they go CB(probably Ross if he is there). But if Lynch falls, then they may jump on him.

I guess the Titans would be the only consideration. But I can't see them trying to replace one questionable-character RB with another.

I'd be curious where you think he'd go. Just didn't make sense for any team after the Packers.

Well, McAllister for the Saints and LJ for the Chiefs didn't make that much sense at the time, either.

I'm just saying a guy who is pretty much a consensus top 15 player SHOULD be picked by someone in the first round, minor injury/character issues aside.