[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Awesome story....

Jimmy Neutron

So - a friend of my wife's just called her to tell her this story that happened to her sister this past week (we think.)

The sister and her family went to San Diego on vacation - they live in Utah.

The family went to Sea World one day during this trip. One of the children is a 12-year-old boy with Downs.

Well, around lunchtime, the family loses track of the Downs boy - he's gone - everyone is in a panic.

Sea World is locked down - nobody in or out.

Hundreds of employees search for five hours. You parents can imagine the state of mind of these poor parents.

Just after the 5-hour mark passes, the missing young man comes up behind his mom and says. "we have to go home, right now."

The kid is filthy from head to toe. Dirt and grass are all over him.

If any of you have been around Downs kids, you know they have a real talent for pitching fits -well the kid throws a doozy. He wants to go home - right now! Not back to the hotel, mind you - home.

Being familiar with the child's fits, the family agrees and make the 12 hour drive back to Utah.

As soon as they get home, the boy locks himself in the bathroom. He stacks things against the door so people can't push their way in.

His parents let this behavior pass for an hour or so, but begin to worry something dreadful happened to the boy when he was missing. No amount of gentle coaxing will get him out of the bathroom.

After several hours of trying to talk him out, dad takes the door off the hinges.

What do you suppose they saw - but a penguin swimming happily in the bathtub. :tup: The kid swiped a penguin from Sea World and smuggled him home. :D Apparently, the kid has a backpack he never takes off (unless, of course, it is to smuggle a stolen penguin).

There is a reason the kid was so dirty when he showed up - he had to break in to the penguin exhibit to commit the crime because it was closed to the public. Quite an accomplishment for a disabled kid. :D

Not surprisingly, Sea World had no idea what to do - they'd never lost a penguin to a kidnapping. They ended up taking the bird (who was in surprisingly good health) to the local zoo, where a Sea World rep came to pick it up later.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would take an email like that and start making phone calls. :D

All my idiot, religious fundamentalist family members. Those "feel good" stories have a jedi mind trick effect on them.

Edited by yo mama

Who would take an email like that and start making phone calls. :D

I was wondering that too. If it's any consolation, my sister, not usually a foolish woman, emails me the most ridiculous stuff.

She doesn't phone me with them though.