[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Cold Cereal?

Duchess Jack

Cocoa Puffs

Honey Nut Cherios

Lucky Charms

Banana Nut Crunch

Raisin Bran

Do they still make Count Chocula? I never see it in the stores here anymore. I love that chit but haven't had eaten any for a long time.

Yep. You can still get the General Mills trio ... Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Booberry ...

Got some Chocula in the cupboard ...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. You can still get the General Mills trio ... Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Booberry ...

From wiki ...

In 1971, the first two cereals in the line were introduced, the still-available Count Chocula and (strawberry flavored) Franken Berry. Franken Berry was very popular at that time, even though the initial batches of the cereal used a dye that didn't break down in the body, causing many children's feces to come out bright pink[1], a symptom sometimes referred to as "Frankenberry Stool."[2] Boo Berry was released two years later, in 1973, and Fruit Brute appeared a year after that, in 1974. Fruit Brute was discontinued by 1983. General Mills tried replacing Fruit Brute in the late 1980's with Yummy Mummy in 1988, but that too had a short shelf life when it was discontinued in 1993. Boo Berry and Franken Berry are sometimes mistakenly thought to be discontinued as well. In reality, their distribution is just much lower and more sporadic than that of the flagship cereal Count Chocula. The best time of the year to find Boo Berry and Franken Berry is around Halloween. Target and Walmart are among the stores that have been known to carry these more scarce cereals during October. They can be found year-round in the Midwest at Super Wal-Mart and on Amazon.com.

Where? I've tried 3 different major grocery stores here in Florida and can't find it.

From wiki ...

In 1971, the first two cereals in the line were introduced, the still-available Count Chocula and (strawberry flavored) Franken Berry. Franken Berry was very popular at that time, even though the initial batches of the cereal used a dye that didn't break down in the body, causing many children's feces to come out bright pink[1], a symptom sometimes referred to as "Frankenberry Stool."[2] Boo Berry was released two years later, in 1973, and Fruit Brute appeared a year after that, in 1974. Fruit Brute was discontinued by 1983. General Mills tried replacing Fruit Brute in the late 1980's with Yummy Mummy in 1988, but that too had a short shelf life when it was discontinued in 1993. Boo Berry and Franken Berry are sometimes mistakenly thought to be discontinued as well. In reality, their distribution is just much lower and more sporadic than that of the flagship cereal Count Chocula. The best time of the year to find Boo Berry and Franken Berry is around Halloween. Target and Walmart are among the stores that have been known to carry these more scarce cereals during October. They can be found year-round in the Midwest at Super Wal-Mart and on Amazon.com.

:D Didn't see this before I posted my reply. Yeah, like I'm gonna order freekin' Count Chocula on Amazon.com. :D

So so many, says this self proclaimed cold cereal expert.

In no particular order:

Capt'n Crunch

Cin Toast Crunch

Frosted Flakes

Fruity Pebbles

Cookie Crisp

Raisin Bran (when I'm feeling a bit healthier)

Apple Jacks

Count Chocula (they still make this at Halloween time I think)

Big disappointments:

Corn Flakes with banannas (love corn flakes, rice crispies w/ banannas, but these banannas are freeze dried crap. Wrong texture.)

Anyone remember Dinky Donuts? They were delicious.

Edited by TDFFFreak

I like to think of myself as a cereal afficianado, as I eat about 3 boxes a week. When I was a single dude it was about all I had to eat at home.

Raisin Nut Bran- Awesome!

Banana Nut Crunch

Crunchberries- Been my favorite junk cereal since I was a kid

Honey Nut Chex

Oatmeal Raisin Crisp

Corn Pops

Sugar Crisp

Cocoa Puffs - My son's favorite

I used to love the old Trix, before they changed it with new shapes and flavors. Grape Nuts taste like sawdust, and I pity those that eat them. :D

These days all that seems to be in the cabinet is Hippy Flakes. :D Back in the day, before we shopped at Whole Foods, I was partial to cinnimon toast crunch and captain crunch (with crunch berries).

:D Thats funny. I feel ya. All we ever get is Kashi and Musilix with either Almond or Rice milk. The only thing we ever use regular milk for is cooking. I dont eat cereal anyway.

We have pebbles every once in awhile but that's some nasty stuff when it is dried up on the cereal bowl.

I like the cereal that has strawberrys in it.

Right now we have both Fruity and coco pebbles. Once you go coco...