[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Did Your Team Do in the Draft

spain

Branch is only vicious when he feels like it. That's the problem.

Mike Mayyock showed clips of him manhandling Joe Thomas and then getting too high and being pushed around on other plays. I would say when he gets tired mentally or physically he becomes the latter.

After waiting for years for the Chiefs to draft a quality receiver, they finally do so at the point when their offensive line is in shambles.

Then they draft defensive linemen, while still ignoring the gaping hole in the O-line.

I have to assume King Carl thinks he is going to pull an o-lineman out of his arse at some point. But they won't likely get the quality that was available earlier.

So far I would give them a C-, because frankly I have no idea what the hell they are doing, and I'm pretty sure they don't either.

After waiting for years for the Chiefs to draft a quality receiver, they finally do so at the point when their offensive line is in shambles.

Then they draft defensive linemen, while still ignoring the gaping hole in the O-line.

I have to assume King Carl thinks he is going to pull an o-lineman out of his arse at some point. But they won't likely get the quality that was available earlier.

So far I would give them a C-, because frankly I have no idea what the hell they are doing, and I'm pretty sure they don't either.

I think the Chiefs have some very real problems going forward.

:D

Hi.

I would have taken Okoye over Landry, but only barely. Landry is a beast and combined with Taylor, Stoutmire, Rogers, Springs and Smoot, should make for a great secondary which can play up and help the pass rush as well as blanket the field and blow people up. We still need OL and DL help though. Offensively, I am pretty happy with Campbell, Portis, Betts, Moss, Lloyd, Randle El, Cooley and most of a very good offensive line. And Fletcher was a great pickup at middle LB.

Not at all flashy, but by sheer volume of players drafted, it should yield plenty of guys that should turn into something.

Harrell paired with Picket should be nice up the middle...

Jackson combined with Morency should be a nice RBBC

I don't know about Jones, but TT hasnt led us astray at that position yet.

Rouse could be a steal in my opinion. I think he'll be a very good saftey done the road.

Barbre looks like a very promising guard.

Im pretty happy so far.

As a Cowboy fan you have to enjoy and laugh at the Redskins taking a guy named Dallas.

Hi.

I would have taken Okoye over Landry, but only barely. Landry is a beast and combined with Taylor, Stoutmire, Rogers, Springs and Smoot, should make for a great secondary which can play up and help the pass rush as well as blanket the field and blow people up. We still need OL and DL help though. Offensively, I am pretty happy with Campbell, Portis, Betts, Moss, Lloyd, Randle El, Cooley and most of a very good offensive line. And Fletcher was a great pickup at middle LB.

Yes, but who is playing behind center for the Redskins again? :D

And one named Landry. :D

Good Point. Bunch of wanna bees. :D

Best drafts thus far imo are Carolina, Minnesota, and Denver.

These 3 teams helped themselves in need areas, and took great values when they presented themselves.

Worst drafts are Philly, Washington and New Orleans

These 3 teams didnt help themselves very much albeit Washington only had 1 pick in the 1st 5 rounds, but whose fault is that. new Orleans has great needs at CB, LB and DT, and imo didnt help themselves in any of thos areas. Philly is just a mess.

Dallas added a pressue player and 2 OT who could be starters as early as 2008. I wish they would have taken the Arkansas CB instead of moving down in the philly trade. I give the Boys a B-, but its too early to tell on the OT. This grade could be a A, if both start for them in the future.

Im not the least bit thrilled with the Stanback pick. He is a great athlete, but wont play QB in the NFL, and learning a new position, isnt that easy. Id much rather seen Dallas take Beekman or Gattis along with the other OT in round 4. I guess the K was personal preference, but I personally like Crosby better.

San Diego

Rd Sel# Player Pos. Ht. Wt. School

1 30 Davis, Craig WR 6-1 207 Louisiana State

2 37 Weddle, Eric SS 5-11 200 Utah

3 96 Waters, Anthony ILB 6-3 245 Clemson

4 129 Chandler, Scott TE 6-7 257 Iowa

5 172 Naanee, Legedu WR 6-2 225 Boise State

7 240 Siler, Brandon ILB 6-2 238 Florida

First day:

With the needs of the Bolts being safety, WR, and LB, A.J. focused his whole strategy on getting players to fill those positions. Davis was acquired to add a WR who can stretch defenses with his speed. I saw Weddle personally destroy San Diego State last season. He's the real deal, but only time will tell if he can compete at the next level with only average speed and height. Waters is a ferocious hitter at ILB, but taking him after ACL reconstructive surgery is certainly risky.

Second day:

Scott Chandler provides a decent back-up at TE to Gates and Manumaleuna. Naanee has all the speed and size needed at WR in the NFL, but will need time to develop. Siler is another beast at ILB, but his height and cover skills evidently made him a seventh round pick. I think A.J. found a gem with his acquisition.

Grade from a Homer: B

Grade from anyone else: B-,C+