[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss goes to Pats

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because he saved himself while on a crappy team with no offense, he doesn't have his skills anymore? That's laughable.

I didn't say he didn't have skills. I said he's not the best WR in the game. Big difference.

In nine seasons, and 138 games, Moss has 676 receptions for 10,700 yards and 101 touchdowns. The five-time Pro Bowl performer and former Marshall star, who was drafted by Minnesota in the first round in 1998, is the only player in league history to register 1,000 or more receiving yards in each of his first six seasons in the league.

Moss had 100-plus catches in both the 2002 and 2003 campaigns and has six seasons in which he rang up 10 or more touchdown catches. He is, however, coming off a 2006 season in which he was often injured and had 42 receptions for 553 yards and three touchdowns, career lows in all those categories.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior writer for ESPN.com.

Yeah, that's great, WaterHead. What you're ignoring is that the past 3 years of Moss have been 1 season over 1000 yds, 151 catches, 2335 yds, and 24 tds. 50-800-8 averages aren't the stuff of the best WR in the league. He's 3 seasons away from anything better than journeyman numbers.

While you can argue he is only 4 years or so from being the best WR in the league, to say he is right now is just stupid.

Moss Salary Update......According to boston.com

April 29, 2007

Moss contract

Randy Moss wasn't kidding about being willing to play for less money. The contract he agreed to with the Patriots reduced his pay for 2007 to $3 million. He was scheduled to earn $9.75 million. Moss can also earn more in incentives.

Moss Salary Update......According to boston.com

April 29, 2007

Moss contract

Randy Moss wasn't kidding about being willing to play for less money. The contract he agreed to with the Patriots reduced his pay for 2007 to $3 million. He was scheduled to earn $9.75 million. Moss can also earn more in incentives.

O.K. If this is true, wow. Just wow. A 4th round draft pick and 3m for the year? wow.

So NE trades Branch to SEA last year for an extra 1st round pick this year, trades one of those picks to SF for their 1st pick next year (which is bound to be better than 24th or 28th overall) and this years 4th, then trades the 4th for Moss. :D

So, sorta goes: Branch for Moss + SF's 1st round pick in 08. Yeah, I think I can live with that.

For the level of pure talent that Randy Moss brings to the table, I'd trade a 4th round pick easy for him. NE has been very smart about this, how can you question them?

There IS no way to question this move. it makes sense from any angle you look at it.

I guess I am the only one, but I think Moss is not half the problem that Owens is.

I agree 100 %. Owens is hated by the players in the league as much as the fans. Moss is only hated by some fans.

agree with the "last dynasty" part. The "best receiver in the game" part is laughable. He's not even in the top ten anymore.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned previously, but the NFL network just said something about Moss running a 4.29/40 for the Patriots just before the trade took place. :D If this is true... wow.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned previously, but the NFL network just said something about Moss running a 4.29/40 for the Patriots just before the trade took place. :D If this is true... wow.

:D

Fast, tall, elusive, can leap over 5 Green Bay CBs at once, and pretty good hands.

agree with the "last dynasty" part. The "best receiver in the game" part is laughable. He's not even in the top ten anymore.

I think he will be top 10 or sure, but wouldnt put out a return to the top 5 this year.

Just shut up. You have nobody to blame but yourself.

Thank You! I just don't understand this dude Irish. He gets on these boards and tries to fit in by ridiculing people for their opinions. He calls it funning around, but enough's enough! Man I wish DMD could just pull the plug on him and send him back his fees. Irish fits in here like a Dallas Cowboy fan in New Jersey. :D

just don't understand this dude Irish. He gets on these boards and tries to fit in by ridiculing people for their opinions. He calls it funning around, but enough's enough! Man I wish DMD could just pull the plug on him and send him back his fees. Irish fits in here like a Dallas Cowboy fan in New Jersey. :D

no sh*t, Im the only one that should be allowed to do this.

I think he will be top 10 or sure, but wouldnt put out a return to the top 5 this year.

As a Pats Homer, I think that this would be contrary to the NE passing game philosophy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Randy crack 1000 yards, but I would be surprised to see him score 10 TDs.

He's going to have to share to play in NE.

As a Pats Homer, I think that this would be contrary to the NE passing game philosophy. I wouldn't be surprised to see Randy crack 1000 yards, but I would be surprised to see him score 10 TDs.

Very true indeed.

I just heard part of his conference call on ESPN. Anyone who hasn't listened to it, I would urge them to find it or whatever. He sounds very humbled by the fact that he has received a new chance to show what he can do and he really wants to win a Super Bowl. Obviously there are people on both sides of the fence but I will be rooting for Randy Moss to succeed. I have always loved watching him play.

Unless the New England running game struggles with Maroney, which I do think is a possiblilty. Maroney doesn't exactly fit the running style of the Patriots. If the running game sputters, the New England passing game could be impressive, with monster numbers for Brady and Moss.

Unless the New England running game struggles with Maroney, which I do think is a possiblilty. Maroney doesn't exactly fit the running style of the Patriots. If the running game sputters, the New England passing game could be impressive, with monster numbers for Brady and Moss.

I might be on an island here, but I for one am very concerned about the loss of Dillon. Frankly, I would not be surprised to see him resign with the team. I do not like having Sammy Morris as my stopgap...

I might be on an island here, but I for one am very concerned about the loss of Dillon. Frankly, I would not be surprised to see him resign with the team. I do not like having Sammy Morris as my stopgap...

I don't blame you. Fortunately, the Patriots and Tom Brady have shown they can still win the SB without a running game.

After Moss has a couple good games he WILL cry foul about the 3 million and become the malcontent he always has been. Not a doubt. He is and has been a locker room cancer and that won't stop no matter if Fleeceman or Capt. Illegitchild get in his face.

The Dars make room on the cap, but it worries me that they will pick up 2 or 3 players on the short end of their playing days :D

After Moss has a couple good games he WILL cry foul about the 3 million and become the malcontent he always has been. Not a doubt. He is and has been a locker room cancer and that won't stop no matter if Fleeceman or Capt. Illegitchild get in his face.

The Dars make room on the cap, but it worries me that they will pick up 2 or 3 players on the short end of their playing days :D

Did Moss shoot one of your kids or something?