[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let me be one of the first to point this out..........

rattsass

Jon Kitna will be one of the top two quarterbacks in fantasy football this season.

That receiving corps is just sick.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jon Kitna will be one of the top two quarterbacks in fantasy football this season.

That receiving corps is just sick.

Who's blocking again? :D He will have a pretty solid year just not Top 2. :D

Yeah but if o lline does not imoproive big time , kitna will have a hard time making passes from his back

Thats what we thought last year, but he survived and was top 5. CJ should be enough to push him even higher.

Even if Calvin Johnson is all that he's been hyped up to be (and you'll excuse a Lions fan for being skeptical about draft day predictions about highly touted first round wide receivers), his presence won't make that big of a difference for the Lions passing game. How can I say that? Because he'll be replacing a 98-catch, 1086-yard producing WR. How much better can we realistically expect a rookie WR to be than that (considering he has to share the ball with Roy Williams, Mike Furrey, and Kevin Jones)?

If Kitna improves from last year's numbers at all, it will be because the changes that were made on the OL panned out. I'm not holding my breath.

The responses to this post (which I expected) cement my suspicions. Kitna will be a value pick in this years fantasy draft.......again.

The responses to this post (which I expected) cement my suspicions. Kitna will be a value pick in this years fantasy draft.......again.

Now that I agree with as he was on my radar screen as a great value pick just not Manning, Palmer, Brees, etc. Oh and don't be fooled, many out there feel he is a very solid QB1 just don't take him in the 2nd-3rd round.

Even if Calvin Johnson is all that he's been hyped up to be (and you'll excuse a Lions fan for being skeptical about draft day predictions about highly touted first round wide receivers), his presence won't make that big of a difference for the Lions passing game. How can I say that? Because he'll be replacing a 98-catch, 1086-yard producing WR. How much better can we realistically expect a rookie WR to be than that (considering he has to share the ball with Roy Williams, Mike Furrey, and Kevin Jones)?

If Kitna improves from last year's numbers at all, it will be because the changes that were made on the OL panned out. I'm not holding my breath.

Furrey couldnt hold CJ's jock. Roy had 2-3 guys on him or around him nearly every play. Furrey put those numbers up because everyone was afraid of Roy.

..........just don't take him in the 2nd-3rd round.

:D

:D

It was a joke as you are so high on him so I threw out an exaggerated draft position. :D

Edited by irish

It was a joke as you are so high on him so I through out an exaggerated draft position. :D

I also mentioned the term "value pick".

The people taking quarterbacks in the first 3 rounds will be quite surprised when my 8th round Kitna pick matches their numbers.

I'm just trying to help people win championships here. :D

Furrey couldnt hold CJ's jock. Roy had 2-3 guys on him or around him nearly every play. Furrey put those numbers up because everyone was afraid of Roy.

I don't think that anyone was directly comparing Johnson to Furrey. Its the numbers. Take away Furrey's numbers. Add Johnson. Might Johnson, a rookie WR, put up better numbers next year than Furrey did this year? Sure. But what happens to Williams numbers? And how much does Furrey contribute?

Point is, does Kitna rise to a top 2 FF QB with the addition of a talented rookie WR and the same OL behind which he was sacked 63 times last year? I doubt it.

Kitna won me $11,000 last year so he has a special place in my heart (as does Jerricho Cotchery but I digress).

When has a Martz QB not had a good year? Granted, only in fantasy terms but it is hard to imagine that the Lions have not upgraded at least a little from last year with Calvin Johnson. Kitna threw more passes than any other QB besides Favre. He was 4th in passing yards. He was only 8th in TD's but remember too he was playing during the installation of an entirely new offense. And now he has a rookie WR that is roundedly described as one of the best prospects in many years?

Furrey had a great year in 2006 with Martz and this is a guy that played in the XFL and is now 30 years old.

I have not done projections and rankings yet of course, but he is a definite top 10 and potentially a top 5 and if it really did gel - who knows?

I know enough right now to say that he will be a value in drafts where he is selected and is already definitely the sort of QB that I look for who is still available after the third round if not much later.

I know enough right now to say that he will be a value in drafts where he is selected and is already definitely the sort of QB that I look for who is still available after the third round if not much later.

I don't know about that. The hype has already started.

Its too early to say right now, but I don't think that Kitna going to slip to a "value" pick. He'll get drafted too soon, along with a handful of other QBs.

Yeah but if o lline does not imoproive big time , kitna will have a hard time making passes from his back

Jeff Backus is a solid Left Tackle as is Raiola at Center

Manny Ramirez is coming from Texas Tech, so he has just a little experiance as a pass blocker...

Add George Foster to that, this line isnt great, but doesnt look bad either.

I think they adressed the line as well as they could have.

I don't know about that. The hype has already started.

Its too early to say right now, but I don't think that Kitna going to slip to a "value" pick. He'll get drafted too soon, along with a handful of other QBs.

You are correct in that hype can drive a player up beyhond his spot but we'll see what happens by August. Much of his perceived value by fantasy drafters will depend on how good Calvin Johnson looks in training camp. If Calvin looks like the real deal from the start, then you could be right.

Jeff Backus is a solid Left Tackle as is Raiola at Center

Manny Ramirez is coming from Texas Tech, so he has just a little experiance as a pass blocker...

Add George Foster to that, this line isnt great, but doesnt look bad either.

I think they adressed the line as well as they could have.

Only Backus is at least average at his position. all the rest are either to young or just not very good. our line is not good. it is not the leagues worst but I would say they are in the bottom 10.

That being said Kitna should be a fine fantasy QB this year. I think he will move to being slightly overrated this year instead of slightly underrated like he was last year.

Only Backus is at least average at his position. all the rest are either to young or just not very good. our line is not good. it is not the leagues worst but I would say they are in the bottom 10.

That being said Kitna should be a fine fantasy QB this year. I think he will move to being slightly overrated this year instead of slightly underrated like he was last year.

I think Ramirez can step in and start week one. He can pass block for sure, we just have to see how he holds up on the run.

Foster is an upgrade as well in my opinion.

Im not saying its a pro bowl line, im just saying its a lot better than the trash they were running up there last year.

I think Ramirez can step in and start week one. He can pass block for sure, we just have to see how he holds up on the run.

Foster is an upgrade as well in my opinion.

Im not saying its a pro bowl line, im just saying its a lot better than the trash they were running up there last year.

I personally see no difference. hope you are right though my brother.

Kitna won me $11,000 last year so he has a special place in my heart (as does Jerricho Cotchery but I digress).

When has a Martz QB not had a good year? Granted, only in fantasy terms but it is hard to imagine that the Lions have not upgraded at least a little from last year with Calvin Johnson. Kitna threw more passes than any other QB besides Favre. He was 4th in passing yards. He was only 8th in TD's but remember too he was playing during the installation of an entirely new offense. And now he has a rookie WR that is roundedly described as one of the best prospects in many years?

Furrey had a great year in 2006 with Martz and this is a guy that played in the XFL and is now 30 years old.

I have not done projections and rankings yet of course, but he is a definite top 10 and potentially a top 5 and if it really did gel - who knows?

I was waiting for someone to bring up Martz....he is the reason the offense passed better...

he's a pasing game mastermind and is lost teaching anything else....

As a Texas Tech fan and someone who watched a lot of Manny, I think you all are going to be very happy with how he plays for your Lions.

I hope you are right Zia. I just think for this season he won't be any different than what we had. now next year and the year after I can see us reaping his benefits.