[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steal of the Draft

Sgt. Ryan

Hmmm, you mean NE drafted someone with a little position flexibility? :D

Just add him to the list. If Samuel decides to hold out and not report till week 10, I wouldn't be surprised to see him play CB. Then again, if Harisson is still not able to play at full strength next year, he could play S. I like that pick a lot.

yep i like it alot too

and goopster...yeah i agree...i like him at safety...but its nice to know in a pinch he man up on a receiver...im sure hell get work there in camp

but you know...we should have taken chris houston from arkansas...ask the sarge

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sidenote - I am sick of hearing about Moss. The NFL draft happens with all these great players worthy of discussion and on TV then spend WAY too much just yapping about Randy Moss.

If his leg heals up and he returns to form, RB Michael Bush in 2008 will be a steal for OAK as a 4th rounder.

I LOVE Michael Bush. I am curious to know though how they are going to use him early on. With Rhodes and Jordan, is Bush going to be asked to play fullback because of his size? Any homer insight?

:D 2 starters on D? In the 2nd round of this below-aberage draft? Please, tell me who was in round 2 that was going to start for the Pats?

Exactly who are the two round 2 guys better than what's posted above?

I guess unless you will be wearing a star on your helmet next year, your team had a terrible draft?

There are no sure-thing players anywhere in Round 2...you take a shot, and hope for the best.

While many people are panning the Eagles for picking Kolb with their 1st selection early in the 2nd round, many in-the-know feel it was an excellent time to do so. As you mention, it was a below-average draft class, and if there was ever a time to spend a pick on a future contributor at the QB position, this was it.

The Eagles wanted one of two players at safety, and once they were both gone before #26, it was time to look to the future. Why waste a pick on an average player just to fill a need? I'm much happier they took a shot to go for a successor to McNabb now than select an average safety who can't play with the same pick, just because "they need an upgrade". They can address that need later via free agency after June 1.

I ask Sarge the same question....who was there in Round 2 that would be a definite starter for the Eagles?? Not a sole on the board./

Reid & co. did their homework on Kolb, and feel he was the best of the bunch to run the offense here in Philly. Sporting News had Kolb as the 2nd-best QB available (ahead of Quinn)...the Dolphins passed on Quinn with the idea they'd take Kolb with their 2nd-round pick, but the Eagles beat them to it, five slots ahead of them.

Private Ryan talks a loud game...and that's about it. After all, he's the prototypical Cowboys fan, so what did you really expect?

After reading through this whole disaster of a thread, I've realized that the term, "LOL" really irritates me.

"Steal of the Draft Thread" becomes the "Randy Moss Cheerleading" :tup: and "Patriot Bashing" :D threads all rolled into one. Too bad. Could have been a really good topic. :D

SuperChiefs / John

"Steal of the Draft Thread" becomes the "Randy Moss Cheerleading" :tup: and "Patriot Bashing" :D threads all rolled into one. Too bad. Could have been a really good topic. :D

SuperChiefs / John

No joke. the topic was a player drafted. Moss wasnt drafted thsi weekend, and the only stealing he will be doing is taking money from the Pats next yr.

I LOVE Michael Bush. I am curious to know though how they are going to use him early on. With Rhodes and Jordan, is Bush going to be asked to play fullback because of his size? Any homer insight?

Michael Bush will be brought in to compete for the starting job if he is healthy. If he is, he should have no problem beating out Jordan as the primary back. I believe Rhodes will be given a chance as well but he will likely end up being the change-of-pace/3rd down back (Kiffen will likely use his RBs the same way USC used Lendale White and Reggie Bush when Kiffen was co-offensive coordinator there).

If Michael Bush isnt ready, he will be placed on the unable-to-perform list (like McGahee was his first year) and brought back in 2008 to be the Primary RB. Jordan only has 1 year left on his contract...I dont expect the Raider to re-sign him.

Edited by Return Of S&B

:D A.J. strikes again!! :D

Yep. This may salvage what was otherwise a terrible draft. Reached big time with Davis in Rd 1, and then did the same thing by trading up so far for Weddle. Chandler doesn't figure to be anything special at the pro level, and Waters & Siler will fight for the same spot on D, but Waters has to prove he's fully recovered from a huge injury.

The Eagles wanted one of two players at safety, and once they were both gone before #26, it was time to look to the future. Why waste a pick on an average player just to fill a need? I'm much happier they took a shot to go for a successor to McNabb now than select an average safety who can't play with the same pick, just because "they need an upgrade". They can address that need later via free agency after June 1.

I ask Sarge the same question....who was there in Round 2 that would be a definite starter for the Eagles?? Not a sole on the board./

You seriously don't think Posluszny would start for the Eagles?

I fully expect that Bush will end up (in the next 2 or 3 years) to be the true steal of this draft. The guy is a beast. The broken leg was an unfortunate thing, particularly since the Kentucky player can be seen twisting his leg during the tackle ...

He should have stayed at UofL and played another year with Brohm - next year's top QB.

If it wasn't for his leg injury Michael Bush would have been selected before Adrian Peterson. I still can't believe that Atlanta or Pittsburgh didn't select him earlier.

Pats are gonna be scarey. I know we don't have an answer for them. They've gone away from what has worked for them over the years though - I just hope it bites them in the ass. I don't think it will - but I hope. There have got to be a thousand players who deserve a ring more than Moss.

Problem is now, Indy and Peyton has solved all the tricks Bill brings, and now its smooth sailing for the colts in this matchup for yrs.

How have the Colts done in improving their D this offseason? They lost their starting DB's and drafted a WR. Doesn't sound like smooth sailing to me.

Pats are gonna be scarey. I know we don't have an answer for them. They've gone away from what has worked for them over the years though - I just hope it bites them in the ass. I don't think it will - but I hope. There have got to be a thousand players who deserve a ring more than Moss.

I simply dont see it. Offense chemistry takes time to develop. A whole new WR corp, this offense isnt going to be on the same page for a while. Id take the Indy offense over NE right now, hands down. Harrison and Wayne are better than Moss and Stallworth. Manning is better than Brady, Id take Addai over Maroney, and D Clark over Ben Watson. I like the OL about the same, and the OC for Indy is twice anything NE has on its offensive coaching staff. And as bad as the Indy D maybe, NE is just as bad, if not worse. Indy has 2 great pass rushers, New England is solid on the DL, but Symour or Warren scare many people like Freeney and Mathis, not a chance. Brackett is as good as any NE LB, and someone will step up in Junes spot. I like Bob Sanders when hes healthy better than anything in the NE secondary. Though both clearly have holes in the defensive backfield. Indy has Vinateri on Special teams, and Dungy is over the hump vs Belicheck, so even coaching is a wash. I dont buy into Pats offense nearly as much as most here. Id take the Chargers, or Colts hands down over them.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan