[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guys that were'nt drafted.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to start another thread with my question, but since we're on the UFA subject, how do these guys get paid? If they are invited to camp, what do they get paid?

I'm really surprised the Steelers didn't get the big RB to take the Bettis role. I was hoping they'd take M. Bush or t. Hunt.

Chris Leak will get invited to a camp. I'm surprised the Jags didn't draft a QB. Maybe he heads there as a UFA.

Was going to start another thread with my question, but since we're on the UFA subject, how do these guys get paid? If they are invited to camp, what do they get paid?

Undrafted players invited to camp sign a contract usually for the league minimum, sometimes with a small signing bonus. They have to sign a contract to be in training camp, just like any other player.

All players in training get a daily stipend for each day they are in camp, which is outside the contract amount and is the same for each player.

Undrafted players invited to camp sign a contract usually for the league minimum, sometimes with a small signing bonus. They have to sign a contract to be in training camp, just like any other player.

All players in training get a daily stipend for each day they are in camp, which is outside the contract amount and is the same for each player.

Thanks Big John!!

Tyler Palko QB PIT

Jared Zabransky QB Boise State

Chris Leak QB Florida

Tyrone Moss RB Miami, FL

Darius Walker RB ND

Selvin Young RB UT

Corey Anderson FB Tennessee

David Ball WR New Hampshire

Jarrett Hicks WR Texas Tech

Robert Johnson WR Texas Tech

Syvelle Newton WR South Carolina

Jeff Smardzija WR ND (figured someone would take his rights at least)

Joe Newton TE Oregon State

Nathan Bennett G Clemson

Tim Duckworth G Auburn

Earl Everett OLB Florida

Juwon Simpson OLB Alabama

Jon Abbate ILB Wake Forest

Kenny Scott CB Ga Tech

Travarous Bain CB Hampton

id add melvin bullitt from texas a&m to that list

i think he has a shot to make a team...good special teams contributor and could improve his coverage skills...measures well athletically...needs work in the coverage area

I agree

Here is the scoop on David Ball:

Strengths: Possesses adequate size, knows how to shield defenders from the ball and is capable of making the tough catch in traffic. Times jumps well, flashes the ability to catch the ball at its highest point and has the potential to develop into a productive red zone target. Possesses good athletic ability and runs crisp short-to-intermediate routes. Reads defenses fairly well and can locate soft spots working against zone coverage. Fights for the ball while it's in the air and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Catches the ball in stride and flashes the ability to make the first defender miss.

Weaknesses: While extremely productive at the collegiate level, he played at a small school and there is major concern about ability to adjust to a much higher level of competition. Possesses marginal top-end speed. Lacks explosiveness and should have problems creating separation working against quality man-to-man corners. Doesn't show a second gear when tracking the ball downfield and isn't going to outrun defenses. Lacks ideal upper body strength, gets pushed around at times and needs to improve ability to beat press coverage.

Overall: Ball saw action in 11 games as a true freshman in 2003 and had 38 receptions for 486 yards (12.8 average) and four touchdowns. In 2005, Ball played in 12 of 13 games setting UNH single-season records for receptions (81), receiving yards (1,504), and touchdown catches (17) while averaging 17.5 yards per catch. Ball played in all 13 games in 2005 and broke his own receiving records by finishing the year with 87 receptions for 1,551 yards (17.8 average) with 24 touchdowns. As a senior in 2006, Ball caught 93 passes for 1,114 yards (11.9 average) with 13 TD's. Ball finished as the most prolific scorer in NCAA DI-AA history, shattering Hall of Famer Jerry Rice's career-record of 50 touchdown receptions.

Ball displays exceptional hands and he is an outstanding route runner, which is why he has a chance to contribute as a sub-package receiver in the NFL. However, Ball is essentially a possession receiver prospect with marginal speed and a lean frame. He will struggle to make the transition to the NFL, where he won't be able to consistently separate like he did at the DI-AA level in college. As such, Ball projects as a late-round pick in 2007.

:D

I'm from NH. I saw him play almost every game this year. This guy can play in the NFL. He'd never be a Pro Bowler, but can certainly help a team. He runs great routes, and has a great feel for body position and how to 'get open', even when he's really not. He has fantastic hands, and works the middle of the field really well. I could easily see him catch 50 balls a year as someone's posession receiver, a la a Wayne Chrebet or Brandon Stokely. Ans the competition thing, really is a joke, because he played on one of the best 1AA schools and was in the playoffs nearly every year, and lit up pretty much every D he faced. Also, he put up 8 for 81 and 2 tds @ Northwestern the first week of the this past season.

I'm from NH. I saw him play almost every game this year. This guy can play in the NFL. He'd never be a Pro Bowler, but can certainly help a team. He runs great routes, and has a great feel for body position and how to 'get open', even when he's really not. He has fantastic hands, and works the middle of the field really well. I could easily see him catch 50 balls a year as someone's posession receiver, a la a Wayne Chrebet or Brandon Stokely. Ans the competition thing, really is a joke, because he played on one of the best 1AA schools and was in the playoffs nearly every year, and lit up pretty much every D he faced. Also, he put up 8 for 81 and 2 tds @ Northwestern the first week of the this past season.

Brandon Stokley was the first guy that came to my mind. He will be a solid wideout in the league. I am VERY curious to see where he ends up.

I watched Syvelle Newton play for 3 years now, I thought he was amazing. Very elusive, hard to tackle. Problem was, he was a jack of all trades. He played QB, RB, WR, S, and CB on out team. He never fully stayed at a position and probably the scouts have no idea where to put him. He never did anything AMAZING at one position, but he was solid at them all. Probably he will get signed as a KR/PR because of his elusiveness.

I watched Syvelle Newton play for 3 years now, I thought he was amazing. Very elusive, hard to tackle. Problem was, he was a jack of all trades. He played QB, RB, WR, S, and CB on out team. He never fully stayed at a position and probably the scouts have no idea where to put him. He never did anything AMAZING at one position, but he was solid at them all. Probably he will get signed as a KR/PR because of his elusiveness.

Hines Ward....