[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SIMTT?

My roster of players I'm going to keep and their 2007 salaries:

Steven Jackson ($40)

Laurence Maroney ($28)

Marion Barber III ($15)

Mike Bell ($13)

Maurice Jones-Drew ($6)

I am trying to trade Mike Bell right now to the owner of Travis Henry, but that can wait.

Here's my proposed trade:

Maroney & Barber for Shaun Alexander ($34)

Thoughts FOR:

1. SA is a #1 who just had an injury-plagued 2006.

2. SA plays in a weak division.

3. Seattle has a favorable schedule (ranked #27)

4. I can go into the draft with a backfield of Steven Jackson, Shaun Alexander and MJD.

Thoughts AGAINST:

1. There goes the future of my franchise, unless I draft well this year.

2. Is SA on the downslide of his career?

3. No one has proven to be a worthy successor to Steve Hutchinson.

Thoughts?

My roster of players I'm going to keep and their 2007 salaries:

Steven Jackson ($40)

Laurence Maroney ($28)

Marion Barber III ($15)

Mike Bell ($13)

Maurice Jones-Drew ($6)

I am trying to trade Mike Bell right now to the owner of Travis Henry, but that can wait.

Here's my proposed trade:

Maroney & Barber for Shaun Alexander ($34)

Thoughts FOR:

1. SA is a #1 who just had an injury-plagued 2006.

2. SA plays in a weak division.

3. Seattle has a favorable schedule (ranked #27)

4. I can go into the draft with a backfield of Steven Jackson, Shaun Alexander and MJD.

Thoughts AGAINST:

1. There goes the future of my franchise, unless I draft well this year.

2. Is SA on the downslide of his career?

3. No one has proven to be a worthy successor to Steve Hutchinson.

Thoughts?

I don't think the future of your franchise is screwed if you do this trade. Jackson and MJD will be solid for quite a while. However, I don't think that Alexander is worth any more than Maroney alone in a redraft league, let alone a keeper/dynasty league. How do your WR and QB look? You may be better off using some of your depth at RB to improve your starting WR and QB.

Personally, I would not do the trade.

I don't like where you're headed with your team. You're trading 2 young guys who aren't taking a ton of cap space for an older guy who saw his performance drop significantly last year and some slight cap relief. There's no guarantee that Alexander will ever get close to his performance of 2 years ago - he had a hell of a 5 year run for a RB, but now's he's hitting 30 yrs old this year & he piled up a lot of work in his 7 years. At best he's probably got one more good year left - and that's a best-case scenario, IMO.

SEA just got rid of Jackson at WR and is looking at Hackett or Branch taking his spot. I don't see either guy as capable of being a legit #1 WR in the NFL - both seem to be complimetary WRs and good #2 guys. DBs are capable of playing either guy 1-on-1, so that leaves an extra defender to look at run support every play. Add the poorer O-line play by SEA and the teams in the division improving themselves on D, and Alexander may be in for a very solid but hardly great year if he stays healthy.

You're out-thinking yourself. Stay static with what you have & let one of the young RBs step up for you.

Thanks for the input.

I think I am out-thinking myself.

The bigger picture here is:

The team with SA (Team SE) is about to trade SA, TJ Housh ($11) & Colston ($6) to (Team MR) for Carson Palmer ($24) and Travis Henry ($6).

Team MR is in my division. I think I'd rather see SA in my division as opposed to Palmer/Henry twice a year.

If Team SE gets Henry, I'm going to offer him Mike Bell for LenDale White ($16).

If Team MR keeps Henry, I'm going to offer him Bell for Vernon Davis ($9).

Thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I don't like where you're headed with your team. You're trading 2 young guys who aren't taking a ton of cap space for an older guy who saw his performance drop significantly last year and some slight cap relief. There's no guarantee that Alexander will ever get close to his performance of 2 years ago - he had a hell of a 5 year run for a RB, but now's he's hitting 30 yrs old this year & he piled up a lot of work in his 7 years. At best he's probably got one more good year left - and that's a best-case scenario, IMO.

SEA just got rid of Jackson at WR and is looking at Hackett or Branch taking his spot. I don't see either guy as capable of being a legit #1 WR in the NFL - both seem to be complimetary WRs and good #2 guys. DBs are capable of playing either guy 1-on-1, so that leaves an extra defender to look at run support every play. Add the poorer O-line play by SEA and the teams in the division improving themselves on D, and Alexander may be in for a very solid but hardly great year if he stays healthy.

You're out-thinking yourself. Stay static with what you have & let one of the young RBs step up for you.

If you're going to listen to anyone In this forum it should be BB :D