[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Enough with all the optimism...

Jolly Rodgers

Vikings should not make the playoffs this year. They had a great draft on paper but there are too many question marks on offense and with Tomlin gone the defense will be in flux also (we need to learn how to stop the pass and I don't know that we addressed that this off season.

Realistically they should have been 4-12 last year as Carolina handed us a win and as did Detroit.

I'll be happy with a 6-10 record as long as I see improvement and we beat the Packers at least once!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because once again, the AFC will be way more competitive than the NFC, thus NFC teams will need less wins to make the playoffs.

Very true. It's basically wide open.

I figure the Jets to be in the top quarter of the league in rushing this year :D

Thomas Jones can't fix an O line that can't run block. People put way too much blame on the RB's last year... it wasn't the RB's as much as it was they had to run through trash at the LoS on every carry.

And the Steeres still won't win 10 games. :D

With the #3 overall defense and #10 overall offensive teams coming back largly intact, with some key injuries cleared up and special defensive talent added via free agency and the draft, the Jaguars are poised to have a very special year.

Byron Leftwich, contract year, he is playing for the money.

Jermain Wiggins re-united with tice where he had mongo catches just a couple short years ago.

Absolutely dominating defense, and key special team talent added.

I can easily see a 12 win season, and can only hope and pray they don't lose perspective and go one and done in the playoffs.

Jax will win more games that Pitt this year, of that there is no doubt.

The Vikes have upgraded or added depth at almost every position except the O-line. They have a tough schedule so I predict 7-9 or 8-8 at most. This team is still a few years out...Peterson and Rice are the only rookies who will make an impact this year.

I was very happy with the Vikings draft but that isn't enough to get them into the playoffs. Improvement is what I'm looking for. From top to bottom.

Vikings should not make the playoffs this year. They had a great draft on paper but there are too many question marks on offense and with Tomlin gone the defense will be in flux also (we need to learn how to stop the pass and I don't know that we addressed that this off season.

Realistically they should have been 4-12 last year as Carolina handed us a win and as did Detroit.

I'll be happy with a 6-10 record as long as I see improvement and we beat the Packers at least once!

Mostly agreed with the fellas above. The team should show improvement this year, but is still a ways from being a contender. TJackson is too green, and the WR are either too young, bad, or both. This will take away from what should be a pretty good rushing attack. Defense will miss Tomlin, but still be stout against the run. Hopefully, they can shore up the porous pass defense and become a more complete team D. Special teams has been a weakness of this team for years, and I am not sure that will change this season.

Really hoping for more out of Childress this year. I can handle the fact that the guy is as unexciting as he is bald so long as the team performs for him. So far, I havent seen much of that. I have also not seen much improvement in the conduct of team members. This is disturbing and unacceptable considering part of the reason Chilress was hired was because he was supposed to be a discipline guy who would run a tight ship.

With the #3 overall defense and #10 overall offensive teams coming back largly intact, with some key injuries cleared up and special defensive talent added via free agency and the draft, the Jaguars are poised to have a very special year.

Jermain Wiggins re-united with tice where he had mongo catches just a couple short years ago.

I can easily see a 12 win season, and can only hope and pray they don't lose perspective and go one and done in the playoffs.

Yes, Leftwich and Wiggins will lead you straight to the Lombardi trophy. :D

Edited by Menudo

I have know idea as of right now what to expect with new OC and OT system being instaled. I'd like to see Williams the starting RB and I'd like to see Jake's leash much shorter with the more talented Carr on the side-line. The Panthers just as easily could hit this year as well as miss out alltogether, but it's going to be fun to watch with no expectations going into the season.

I have know idea as of right now what to expect with new OC and OT system being instaled. I'd like to see Williams the starting RB and I'd like to see Jake's leash much shorter with the more talented Carr on the side-line. The Panthers just as easily could hit this year as well as miss out alltogether, but it's going to be fun to watch with no expectations going into the season.

The Falcons are in the same boat. Brand new coaching staff on offense and defense, a lot of turnover with key starters, and now they're already dealing with injuries to two starters that will hold them out through the start of the regular season.

With the competition in the NFC South, I don't see the Falcons making the playoffs. Although, they will at least finish ahead of the Calvin-Johnson-less bucs.

With the competition in the NFC South, I don't see the Falcons making the playoffs. Although, they will at least finish ahead of the Calvin-Johnson-less bucs.

Nice slam there. I would love to hear why you think your (never had back-to-back winning seasons) falcons will finish better than the Bucs.

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Nice slam there. I would love to hear why you think your (never had back-to-back winning seasons) falcons will finish better than the Bucs.

Because in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. (Erasmus) :D

Thomas Jones can't fix an O line that can't run block. People put way too much blame on the RB's last year... it wasn't the RB's as much as it was they had to run through trash at the LoS on every carry.

Thanks to Furguson they improved running the ball last year. they should be a step better this year with him having another year under his belt and the team having a better RB.

Jville had the schedule to win 12 games last year(or even more). they may end up with a winning record...but IMO 12 wins is out of the question this year.

Thanks to Furguson they improved running the ball last year. they should be a step better this year with him having another year under his belt and the team having a better RB.

Jville had the schedule to win 12 games last year(or even more). they may end up with a winning record...but IMO 12 wins is out of the question this year.

Actually, Ferguson was as advertised.... not a good run blocker. He also gave up 10 sacks mostly on bull rushes. Ferguson again struggled to keep wieght on as the season progressed. He certainly didn't help the running game. Hopefully he'll improve this year. Unless one of the youger guys can do something, the Jets O line from last year returns, and I don't look for much improvement. Like I said... the RB's took too much blame last year, and Jones isn't go to fix an O line that can't run block.

One thing I hope to see is more outside running... both Mangold and Ferguson can pull and block in space very well. They are both much better at that than straight line run blocking.

Well, Sarge says the Pats suck and their glory days are well past them, never to return. So I guess NE fans should just fold our tents now because Sarge clearly Knows Things.

:D

Because the Bucs are terrible?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the 49ers sweep the Hawks and take the division. They play with a ton of confidence against the Seahawks, so the Hawks better be on their game. Honestly, I'm a little concerned about both sides of the football as far as my Hawks go. We lost a few offensive weapons, some guys really need to step up. I'm excited for Kerney, but we'll still struggle in the secondary. If you ask me today I think the Hawks and 49ers will tie at 9-7 with the Niners winning the tiebreaker.

Actually, Ferguson was as advertised.... not a good run blocker. He also gave up 10 sacks mostly on bull rushes. Ferguson again struggled to keep wieght on as the season progressed. He certainly didn't help the running game. Hopefully he'll improve this year. Unless one of the youger guys can do something, the Jets O line from last year returns, and I don't look for much improvement. Like I said... the RB's took too much blame last year, and Jones isn't go to fix an O line that can't run block.

One thing I hope to see is more outside running... both Mangold and Ferguson can pull and block in space very well. They are both much better at that than straight line run blocking.

I mean I do agree that Ferguson has some more work to do. but he most definately showed how special he can be at times last year. he helped in a way you actually decribed. anytime they broke a run to the outside and got some yards on it Furguson was the guy they were running behind.I don't know how many times I seen Washington follow a Ferguson block down the sidelines. I agree that the RB's got to much blame for there problems last year.

I also agree with your assessment of Mangold and Ferguson not being as competent at straight line run blocking. but this year I expect them(especially Furguson) to be much improved there.

I am a Thomas Jones owner and I expect excellent numbers from him on the Jets this year as long as he is healthy(if not he than Washington or whoever).

Edited by Doc Holliday