[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Enough with all the optimism...

Jolly Rodgers

:D Good insight there. Nice to see you are the typical falcon fan...

Lol. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Seriously, though, I wasn't 'slamming' the Bucs at all in my first post; I mentioned that you guys don't have Calvin because...well... you don't, and I would've been much more worried about the talent on the team and the matchup problems if you did. I don't think the Bucs have done enough this offseason to turn themselves back into contenders for anything.

Happy?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Seriously, though, I wasn't 'slamming' the Bucs at all in my first post; I mentioned that you guys don't have Calvin because...well... you don't, and I would've been much more worried about the talent on the team and the matchup problems if you did. I don't think the Bucs have done enough this offseason to turn themselves back into contenders for anything.

Happy?

Yes, I am happy now. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. However, just to add my 2 cents, I think the Bucs will be better than the Falcons this year. Last season was a disaster due to the QB position. We addressed the situation (Garcia) and added much needed speed and youth to our defense (June, Gaines Adams). Now who did that Falcons bring in that is going to make their team so much better? Joe Horn? An over-priced Fullback? Or do you feel this is finally the year Mike Vick shows us all what he is really about?

Edited by Jolly Rodgers

Yes, I am happy now. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. However, just to add my 2 cents, I think the Bucs will be better than the Falcons this year. Last season was a disaster due to the QB position. We addressed the situation (Garcia) and added much needed speed and youth to our defense (June, Gaines Adams). Now who did that Falcons bring in that is going to make their team so much better? John Horn? An over-priced Fullback? Or do you feel this is finally the year Mike Vick shows us all what he is really about?

:D

Chiefs will not. I'd be shocked if they were better than 6-10.

I wouldn't be shocked if they made it to 8-8. Anything above that, yeah I'd be shocked.

Yes, I am happy now. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. However, just to add my 2 cents, I think the Bucs will be better than the Falcons this year. Last season was a disaster due to the QB position. We addressed the situation (Garcia) and added much needed speed and youth to our defense (June, Gaines Adams). Now who did that Falcons bring in that is going to make their team so much better? John Horn? An over-priced Fullback? Or do you feel this is finally the year Mike Vick shows us all what he is really about?

I think their top 3 draft picks will help them out a bit. Clearly, I don't think they're going to be an impressive bunch; I said I thought they would finish third. Vick will continue to be Vick, unless he gets thrown in jail because of his pets. In that case, I'll at least get a good laugh out of the rest of the season while watching Harrington play. The offense as a whole will be about the same, only with a halfway-transitioned offensive line and a truck full of tight ends (6 on the roster right now, I think). With any luck, the receivers will make more of the easy catches and the defense won't fall apart with injuries. Those are my expectations for the year.

The Bucs had to significantly improve from last year just to be a decent team (no offense). Garcia will definitely be better than the 2006 QB scrap heap, but I just can't see him making enough of a difference to really boost the team by too much. Don't get me wrong here, I never said the Falcons would be too far ahead of the Bucs. I'm sure both teams will be neck and neck for that third spot. I just think the Falcons will have it in the end, whether it's by a third tiebreaker or a couple games.

Then again... there's no telling what happens when a brand new coaching staff comes in.

As usual, I agree with Rovers in that the Jets look to be an 8 or 9 win team -- and on the outside of the playoffs looking in. They may have some new parts on the line and that line is still very young. Plus, that schedule is much more difficult than was last season. Taking a step back may not be such a bad thing in this process.

...and a kid named Bender from Nicholls St (6'6", 315) who outplayed Carricker in the Nebraska game this past season, and he was taken in the 6th round. ...

This is comical. Carriker had 52 tackles last year in 14 games, an average of 3.7 per game. He nearly doubled that per game average against Bender, despite spending much of the game on the bench.

Nebraska beat Nicholls State 56-7. It was 28-0 at halftime, 42-0 midway through the third quarter.

Carriker had 6 tackles in the game. He barely played in the second half. When he was in there, he ate Bender's lunch.

Bender is "a project" at best.

That said, I like the Jets' first two picks - Revis and Harris. Thomas Jones was a great trade. I'd like to see Keyshawn come back to NY.

But - tougher schedule this year and Pats are better. Teams with good but new coaches often take a step back in the second year of the coach's regime. First year is come in, kick butt, get everyone focused. Second year is often spent trying to get the right peices in the right places. That's kind of how I see this season for the Jets. Plus, Chad's still fragile and Marques Tuiasosopo doesn't do much for me.

I'll say 6-10 this year. Playoffs are out of the question by mid-November.

AFC Championship game in 2008-09 season, Superbowl Championship in 2009-10.

This is comical. Carriker had 52 tackles last year in 14 games, an average of 3.7 per game. He nearly doubled that per game average against Bender, despite spending much of the game on the bench.

Nebraska beat Nicholls State 56-7. It was 28-0 at halftime, 42-0 midway through the third quarter.

Carriker had 6 tackles in the game. He barely played in the second half. When he was in there, he ate Bender's lunch.

Bender is "a project" at best.

That said, I like the Jets' first two picks - Revis and Harris. Thomas Jones was a great trade. I'd like to see Keyshawn come back to NY.

But - tougher schedule this year and Pats are better. Teams with good but new coaches often take a step back in the second year of the coach's regime. First year is come in, kick butt, get everyone focused. Second year is often spent trying to get the right peices in the right places. That's kind of how I see this season for the Jets. Plus, Chad's still fragile and Marques Tuiasosopo doesn't do much for me.

I'll say 6-10 this year. Playoffs are out of the question by mid-November.

AFC Championship game in 2008-09 season, Superbowl Championship in 2009-10.

I didn't see the game. But what I did read is here:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/bender_jacob

Despite the team's struggles on offense in 2006, Bender emerged as one of the most dominant left offensive tackles in the small college ranks.

Everyone was expecting the 2006 Nebraska game to be the litmus test for Bender, and he came through with flying colors. Despite the team's 56-7 loss, he came up with the Colonels' only touchdown-resulting block for the game and held All-American defensive end Adam Carriker to six tackles (two solos) and one stop behind the line of scrimmage for a 1-yard loss.

He will probably work inside while his body develops more bulk and power, but anyone questioning if he can face top-level competition only need to go and look at his battle with Adam Carriker in the 2006 Nebraska game.

A project, sure, certainly as a RT, but he might be able to play guard this year. I fail to see where this is "comical". Vet, you are one of the most negative Jets fans I've ever run into. You remember last year when you were swearing the Jets wouldn't win 5 games? Now, THAT was comical my friend. The glass is half empty to you when it's full. So, Bender sucks, at best he's a project, and you find it comical. Are you Rich Cimini's evil twin?

Not a fan of any one NFL team since the Raiders moved out of LA, but I'm optimistic that they'll suck again... which I find great happiness in. On another note, I see Brady in NE being a beast next year and NE winning the SB.

I could see 10-6 and playoffs for the Saints I guess. We won't take teams by surprise this year, but Payton is a great playcaller and adding Meachem to the WR corps should be huge. Adding J. David at CB should help a ton (even if he is average), and adding Simmons to the LB corps should help as well. We should have top 3 offense and mid-tier defense. I look for Brees' numbers to go down a tad, but the running game to pick up a tad - but Payton would rather throw it without a doubt.

I didn't see the game. But what I did read is here:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/bender_jacob

Despite the team's struggles on offense in 2006, Bender emerged as one of the most dominant left offensive tackles in the small college ranks.

Everyone was expecting the 2006 Nebraska game to be the litmus test for Bender, and he came through with flying colors. Despite the team's 56-7 loss, he came up with the Colonels' only touchdown-resulting block for the game and held All-American defensive end Adam Carriker to six tackles (two solos) and one stop behind the line of scrimmage for a 1-yard loss.

He will probably work inside while his body develops more bulk and power, but anyone questioning if he can face top-level competition only need to go and look at his battle with Adam Carriker in the 2006 Nebraska game.

A project, sure, certainly as a RT, but he might be able to play guard this year. I fail to see where this is "comical". Vet, you are one of the most negative Jets fans I've ever run into. You remember last year when you were swearing the Jets wouldn't win 5 games? Now, THAT was comical my friend. The glass is half empty to you when it's full. So, Bender sucks, at best he's a project, and you find it comical. Are you Rich Cimini's evil twin?

Rovers, you're a funny little fella. And I do mean little.

What has your blind optimism gotten you in the last 38 years?

Nothing.

Once the ball is kicked off the tee, I'm as big a Jets fan as anyone. I'm ten times the fan as your sorry ass.

Here's your analysis: "I've never seen Bender, but I read about him on NFL.com and they said he's a good prospect".

Do me a favor: Save that bullSega! for people who don't know football.

You have no right to question me as a fan, you koolaid drinking idiot.

I said i think the Jets first two picks were excellent. I said I think they are heading in the right direction. I said I think they will win a chapionship in 2009-10. How much more optimistic do you want me to get?

So bite me.

Nothing.

Once the ball is kicked off the tee, I'm as big a Jets fan as anyone. I'm ten times the fan as your sorry ass.

Here's your analysis: "I've never seen Bender, but I read about him on NFL.com and they said he's a good prospect".

I said i think the Jets first two picks were excellent. I said I think they are heading in the right direction. I said I think they will win a chapionship in 2009-10. How much more optimistic do you want me to get?

So bite me.

Edited by Menudo

Nothing.

So bite me.

LMAO! Back on the crack pipe, eh? Who pissed in your Cheerios? No... you are a sorry excuse for a Jets fan. In fact, you aren't a Jets fan at all. There is some comfort in knowing that fact however. :D:D

Internecine fighting :D:tup: in the Jets camp. Cool. :doh:

Well, if Vet were actually a Jets fan, the word internecine would be appropriate. He's actually an undercover Patriots fan, and loves Bill Belichick. :D