[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Millen turned down for CJ

Randall

It occurred to me over lunch that this whole thing reminds me of the Bengals drafting Akili Smith and turning down the Saints to trade their entire draft for the rights to draft Ricky Williams.

It occurred to me over lunch that this whole thing reminds me of the Bengals drafting Akili Smith and turning down the Saints to trade their entire draft for the rights to draft Ricky Williams.

. . . you've got to be kidding me. Smith was like the fourth- or fifth-best QB in that class, and most had him rated with the highest bust potential, since he only had one good season at Oregon. I have not heard a single draft analyst say a single thing about this guy that was not effusively praising his name.

Peace

policy

you guys acting like this would have been an idiotic trade for denver....according to "the chart":

#2 pick - 2600 points

#21 pick - 800

#56 pick - 340

#86 pick - 160

that's a total of 1300 points for denver's 2007 picks. the 2008 1st, 2nd and 3rd would be worth less, as future picks always are.

if this potential trade was lopsided, it certainly wasn't in detroit's favor.

you guys acting like this would have been an idiotic trade for denver....according to "the chart":

#2 pick - 2600 points

#21 pick - 800

#56 pick - 340

#86 pick - 160

that's a total of 1300 points for denver's 2007 picks. the 2008 1st, 2nd and 3rd would be worth less, as future picks always are.

if this potential trade was lopsided, it certainly wasn't in detroit's favor.

So... you're saying Millen got it right?

Sweet.

So... you're saying Millen got it right?

well, given the miserable state of the lions' talent after several years of his stead, it probably would have been a good idea for them to trade out of the 2 slot and pick up more picks. if the broncos offer was the best one they had, they probably should have taken it rather than draft another WR.