[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ROOKIE DRAFT

i pulled this from another site but i would like to see what everyone thinks.

1 pt for 10 yards RB, TE, WR

1 pt for 25 yards QB

6 pts for TD

1.01 Adrian Peterson RB, MIN

1.02 Marshawn Lynch RB, BUF

1.03 Calvin Johnson WR, DET

1.04 Brandon Jackson RB, GB

1.05 Jamarcus Russell QB, OAK - dropped Dan Orlovsky, QB DET

1.06 Michael Bush, RB OAK

1.07 Chris Henry, RB TEN

1.08 Brady Quinn, QB CLE

1.09 Kenny Irons, RB CIN

1.10 Tony Hunt, RB PHI - dropped Samie Parker, WR KC

2.01 Sidney Rice, WR MIN

2.02 Drew Stanton, QB DET

2.03 Anthony Gonzalez, WR IND

2.04 Patrick Willis, LB SF

2.05 Robert Meachem, WR NO

2.06 Greg Olsen, TE CHI

2.07 Dwayne Bowe, WR KC - no drop needed

I have number 1 and number 5. I am in need of RB help and i am thinking of targeting AP then Bush. I also have 13 and 15 and would like to get Olsen if still on the board and then the best WR on the board. I personally think that some of these WR's went a little late. What is everyones thoughts. Also if you have already had your draft please post the results as well as the scoring systems.

Thanks

I think that draft is way too RB heavy than you are likely to see, and also am wondering why you'd spend 1.05 on a guy who figures to be a goal line/short yardage RB (unless you think OAK will make both Jordan & Rhodes 3rd down RBs, which I don't find plausible). FF owners are so RB crazy that they're willing to take 3rd rate RBs instead of potential stud WRs. That doesn't make any sense to me, but I love it because I can take advantage of it when drafting.

If I were you, I'd look to trade the 1.05 down a few spots to 1.08 or 1.09 if you want Bush, and if he's gone settle for a guy like Irons or Meachem. In a year, there's a good possibility that Meachem will put up better numbers than Bush - possibly much better. If you can wait a couple of years for a RB, Irons is your guy, but CIN appears to be finally tired of waiting on Perry, and if that's the case, irons will get as much opportunity as Bush will in the coming season, albeit in a very different role.

Oh, and Willis will probably hang around until the turn, give or take a spot, in most leagues. Leagues that ratchet up LB scoring beyond what is typical will see him going earlier, as mentioned above. In a start 7-8 O vs start 11 D player leagues he won't get picked top 10.

I think that draft is way too RB heavy than you are likely to see, and also am wondering why you'd spend 1.05 on a guy who figures to be a goal line/short yardage RB (unless you think OAK will make both Jordan & Rhodes 3rd down RBs, which I don't find plausible). FF owners are so RB crazy that they're willing to take 3rd rate RBs instead of potential stud WRs. That doesn't make any sense to me, but I love it because I can take advantage of it when drafting.

If I were you, I'd look to trade the 1.05 down a few spots to 1.08 or 1.09 if you want Bush, and if he's gone settle for a guy like Irons or Meachem. In a year, there's a good possibility that Meachem will put up better numbers than Bush - possibly much better. If you can wait a couple of years for a RB, Irons is your guy, but CIN appears to be finally tired of waiting on Perry, and if that's the case, irons will get as much opportunity as Bush will in the coming season, albeit in a very different role.

I would think Irons is a little small to be the full-time guy, even down the road. No?

I would think Irons is a little small to be the full-time guy, even down the road. No?

Yeah, you're probably right...

Kenny Irons

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 203 lbs

Emmitt Smith 5'-9" 207 lbs

Walter Payton 5'-10" 200 lbs

Barry Sanders 5'-8" 203 lbs

Curtis Martin 5'-11" 207 lbs

Tony Dorsett 5'-11" 192 lbs

Terrell Davis 5'-11" 206 lbs

Tiki Barber 5'-10" 195 lbs

Thurman Thomas 5'-10" 198 lbs

Not saying Irons is going to be the next guy on the list above. I'm just saying that thinking he's too small to be a featured RB is misgiven.

Here's a question of relevance I think should be considered: what does the depth at each position look like for next year's draft? In other words will there be a bunch of RBs coming out that allows you flexibility elsewhere?

Here's a question of relevance I think should be considered: what does the depth at each position look like for next year's draft? In other words will there be a bunch of RBs coming out that allows you flexibility elsewhere?

QB – 3 sure first rounders in Brohm (Louisville), Henne (Mich), & Ainge (Ten). A few very good prospects beyond that in Brennan (Hawaii), Booty (USC), Woodson (Ken), Matt Ryan (BC), and Josh Johnson (San Diego).

RB – 1st RB off the board is McFadden (Ark). Slaton (WVU), Hart (Mich), & Rice (Rutgers) should all be good pro RBs but are on the smallish side. Stewart (Ore) & Ball (Maryland) are bigger RBs coming out and can carry the load. Davis (Clemson), Choice (GT), & Pinox (Minn) are have good size/weight ratios & run 4.5 40s to be featured RBs. Throw in Charles (Tex), McCrae (Ohio), & Torain (ASU) and you’ve got a pretty deep & talented class here – it should be interesting watching them shake out in 2007. Much better class than this year’s over-all.

WR – DeSean Jackson (Cal) is the sure thing, plus a great returner, but he pales when compared to C Johnson this year. Probably would be the 3rd/4th best WR in this year’s class. Manningham (Mich) is smallish but plays big, especially in big games. Doucet (LSU), Caldwell (Fla), Hall (‘Bama) could be good, but are light. Kelly (Ok), Monk (Ark), Bowman (OkSU), Hardy (Ind), & Urrutia (Louisville) are the big WRs, but all are relatively slow. This class of WRs can’t hold a candle to the class of ’07. The fast guys don't have the size & the big guys are slow.

TE – Fred Davis (USC), Rucker (Missouri), & Bennett (TexA&M) are all very good prospects. Carlson (ND) is WR size but O-lineman slow, but manages good numbers.