[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deadliest Catch Game

Missoula Griz

Not a bad game. Takes a little while to figure out. My top score is $1,400,00. With the size of the pots, we must be fishing for snow crab.

I think I need to head further north. It seems on the show thats where the best opilio fishing is.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadlies.../game/game.html

Edited by Missoula Griz

:doh::D:D:tup:

Little tougher in the real world there skippers :D before you even start fishing you have weeks of grueling prep the likes of 90% of us have never experienced. Then there is the actual season. But hey you go boys :D

:D:tup::D:doh:

Little tougher in the real world there skippers :D before you even start fishing you have weeks of grueling prep the likes of 90% of us have never experienced. Then there is the actual season. But hey you go boys :clap:

Those guys are bada$$. I guess you speak from experience Hugh B? :D

Those guys are bada$$. I guess you speak from experience Hugh B? :D

Only salmon and herring for me. Offered, but never crabbed. Just know some of the major players on the show and in the biz. And yes they are bad ass, born and bred. That and quite a bit crazy. :D

Only salmon and herring for me. Offered, but never crabbed. Just know some of the major players on the show and in the biz. And yes they are bad ass, born and bred. That and quite a bit crazy. :D

No doubt about it. Those guys work their asses off.

I think I'll take my boat out this weekend, drop a line, put my feet up and think about how not-dangerous walleye fishing is. I may even eat a few crab legs.

I think I'll take my boat out this weekend, drop a line, put my feet up and think about how not-dangerous walleye fishing is. I may even eat a few crab legs.

Dungy or King? A lot of these dudes fish for Dungy here in the NW offseason

Alright, this is sort of confusing, I played a few times and never managed a whole lot of money. Always around $30K or so. Then, all of a sudden, I cashed in nearly $200K without doing anything different. Each time, I got a good enough boat, went class C rations and didn't skimp on the tools or first aid. Then I grabbed a well rounded crew (and went cheap where I could) so I could tackle any issues that came up. Each time, however, the game ended before I could get back to all my pots.

The last one, I decided to get a big/slow boat and drop a bunch of pots in adjacent squares and just circle back to get them all. By the time I got back to each of them, the numbers were all above 40 (I assume a larger number is better) and I managed to harvest all my pots. I assumed that I'd rake it in this time and made...$30 freaking K

Alright, this is sort of confusing, I played a few times and never managed a whole lot of money. Always around $30K or so. Then, all of a sudden, I cashed in nearly $200K without doing anything different. Each time, I got a good enough boat, went class C rations and didn't skimp on the tools or first aid. Then I grabbed a well rounded crew (and went cheap where I could) so I could tackle any issues that came up. Each time, however, the game ended before I could get back to all my pots.

The last one, I decided to get a big/slow boat and drop a bunch of pots in adjacent squares and just circle back to get them all. By the time I got back to each of them, the numbers were all above 40 (I assume a larger number is better) and I managed to harvest all my pots. I assumed that I'd rake it in this time and made...$30 freaking K

We're just better at finding the crab. :D

ill be doing that as well... and killing another tom i hope

Have a friend who works on this show. He's says the captains of these boats can earn upwards of 500k a year. The reason they stay in the (very dangerous) job for so long is because many have bad drug habits.

And your friend is a foolish idiot for saying such nonsense. Most I actually "know" make great money and are for the most part great family men. They can all party like rockstars, but never on the job. NEVER. They have tenuous relationships due to the long time away from home etc. but drug habits to support while running million dollar operations? Yeah right. In your buddies dreams :D

Edited by Hugh B Tool

:D:doh::clap::D

Little tougher in the real world there skippers :D before you even start fishing you have weeks of grueling prep the likes of 90% of us have never experienced. Then there is the actual season. But hey you go boys :clap:

Are you saying playing this game won't adequately prepare me for life as skipper of a crab boat?!?!? :D Fu*k it. I'm not even gonna bother then.

Next thing I know you'll probably tell me I'm not qualified to fly an F-14 despite my Nintendo NES Top Gun training. :tup:

Are you saying playing this game won't adequately prepare me for life as skipper of a crab boat?!?!? :D Fu*k it. I'm not even gonna bother then.

Next thing I know you'll probably tell me I'm not qualified to fly an F-14 despite my Nintendo NES Top Gun training. :tup:

Actually.... from what I have been told by a few pilots(both small and commercial) is that the flight simulators on these games are very comparable to the real ones in training(no wonder I always F up the landing!) :D

OK, it's officially random. I just had my best haul and nothing went remotely right. All my dudes were freaking useless, I left a bunch of pots unharvested...And I made over $500K despite the fact that even those that i did harvest only read like 20 or so (again, I assume a high number is better)