[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FINALLY

keggerz

Three Cheers! :tup: I wanna sign it... I may be driving by Williamsburg sometime in the summer. I would love to take the kids to see the worlds largest AUTOGRAPH teddy bear!

Fixed

.... :D :mad: :D just got off the phone with the designer and they are having issues increasing the pattern to make this bear close to 15'....worst case scenario is that we have to settle for an 8-9' Autograph Bear(which would still be the worlds largest)...but that 15' will happen sooner or later....now i have to wait and see what happens when they call back in an hour or so :doh:

:D Alright!!! I will have to pop in on you one day and check things out. :D How does one chose Teddy Bears as a business? When you were a kid did you play with a lot of stuffed animals? :tup:

I have been in retail management for close to 20 yrs...much of that time is spent walking malls and talking to other retailers as well as watching customers....i noticed how Build-A-Bear was growing...one day a former friend(ex-partner) said we need to find a business to make some money...i said we could start a store like Build-A-Bear...I was mostly kidding...then as we dug into it I actually started to think, we cant pull this off...well we did...we parted ways less then 2yrs later(not amicably either & that was ok)....my wife talked me into starting the store in williamsburg and the rest is history...in all actuality there isnt any difference between, teddy bears, sporting goods, clothing or furniture etc....its all about the customer and fwiw people are happy when they are buying teddy bears, not always that way when they are shopping for other things.

Edited by keggerz

I have been in retail management for close to 20 yrs...much of that time is spent walking malls and talking to other retailers as well as watching customers....i noticed how Build-A-Bear was growing...one day a former friend(ex-partner) said we need to find a business to make some money...i said we could start a store like Build-A-Bear...I was mostly kidding...then as we dug into it I actually started to think, we cant pull this off...well we did...we parted ways less then 2yrs later(not amicably either & that was ok)....my wife talked me into starting the store in williamsburg and the rest is history...in all actuality there isnt any difference between, teddy bears, sporting goods, clothing or furniture etc....its all about the customer and fwiw people are happy when they are buying teddy bears, not always that way when they are shopping for other things.

Good lesson for those that say there is no work. A little smarts and ambition go a long way. :D