[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Link your dynasty draft here

Bronco Billy

http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2007/...Y=points&TEAM=*

i dont know whats up with the scoring but i saw the same thing bb saw from the link you posted to your draft

Interesting. We changed a few scoring rules, but they were just adding return yardage and didn't amount to much. Just 2-3 points per game at most. Must be a MFL aberation.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I don't know what to think of some of these drafts. I have pick 1.06 in ConFusion (keggerz linked above) and in my opinion, that's the toughest 1st round pick to make this year in IDP dynasty drafts. Will Willis slip? Will someone pass on Jackson to take Russell or Quinn in the top 5? Is Poslunzny worth 1.06? :D

in fusion(06) hawk went 1.6 last yr(to me and looking back that wasnt the right pick)

in fusion (05) Derrick Johnson went 1.10

in fusion(04) Vilma went 1.13(DJ went 2.6)

Man I don't know what to think of some of these drafts. I have pick 1.06 in ConFusion (keggerz linked above) and in my opinion, that's the toughest 1st round pick to make this year in IDP dynasty drafts. Will Willis slip? Will someone pass on Jackson to take Russell or Quinn in the top 5? Is Poslunzny worth 1.06? :D

Having watched Pos at PSU, I'd say yes.

Then again I took him at 6

in fusion(06) hawk went 1.6 last yr(to me and looking back that wasnt the right pick)

in fusion (05) Derrick Johnson went 1.10

in fusion(04) Vilma went 1.13(DJ went 2.6)

willis just went 1.9 in DW2

Willis went at 1.5 in DW! :D

In the DW scoring system Ryans was the 6th highest scorer.

London Fletcher was 9th and Zach Thomas 10th so that makes some sense. Playing in a 3-4 should hurt unless Nolan finds a way to keep blockers off of him.

In the DW scoring system Ryans was the 6th highest scorer.

London Fletcher was 9th and Zach Thomas 10th so that makes some sense. Playing in a 3-4 should hurt unless Nolan finds a way to keep blockers off of him.

If Willis went to ANY 4-3 defense, I would say fine. He's that good.... but very few ILB's in 3-4's put up numbers like that.... and Miami played more 4-3 than 3-4 , lots more, last year. Taylor almost always lines up as a DE. Willis' upside in that system is close to Farrior IMO. Good, but not 1.5 good.

If Willis went to ANY 4-3 defense, I would say fine. He's that good.... but very few ILB's in 3-4's put up numbers like that.... and Miami played more 4-3 than 3-4 , lots more, last year. Taylor almost always lines up as a DE. Willis' upside in that system is close to Farrior IMO. Good, but not 1.5 good.

I agree to a point. My team needed QB and LB. If Russell, Lynch, AJ and Lynch were gone I may take Willis. I liked some of the WR's, but needed the oher positions more. It wouldn't be the best scorer for the draft slot, but for some teams it may be a good pick based on need.

The team that took him needed improvement at WR imo so Meachem, Bowe, Rice or Jarrett may have been a better pick.

I think if Willis had fallen to me at 1.06, I would have passed on LB and taken Poz at 1.11. I'm not thrilled with his potential in a 3-4 def. I think Poz could easily outscore Willis this year if he plays the middle of Buffalo's 4-3.

Donnie Edwards has been playing in a 3-4 for the last 5-6 yrs and he has been a top 3 LB in 4 of the last 5 yrs. So it definately can be done in this type of defensive scheme.

Donnie Edwards has been playing in a 3-4 for the last 5-6 yrs and he has been a top 3 LB in 4 of the last 5 yrs. So it definately can be done in this type of defensive scheme.

I din't say it couldn't be done... just that it is rare. In the SF defense, I think Willis will score about the way Farrior does. Could he surpass that? Sure, that's possible.... but I wonder what he'd do as an MLB in a 4-3..... instant stud, slam dunk.

All of this talk about Willis, Edwards, and the others is great. What would be really great if it was actually in the IDP forum. It's like a ghost town over there.

Edited by Vicster

I'm the team that took Willis at 1.9 in DWII. I had preselected Willis, Meachem then Rice. I debated putting Meachem first, but it wouldn't have mattered since he went two picks ahead of me. My needs dictated that I take a LB or WR, both strictly for depth. I chose Willis over Poz simply for talent. I honestly don't think it will matter if he's going to be in a 3-4 or 4-3. As it turned out I still got my WR (Rice) at 1.12 anyway, so no-harm-no-foul.

All of this talk about Willis, Edwards, and the others is great. What would be really great if it was actually in the IDP forum. It's like a ghost town over there.

Cheating Bastages draft is now finished(5 rounds).

And Mr Irrelevant was...Stephen Nicholas.

Edited by Randall

I din't say it couldn't be done... just that it is rare. In the SF defense, I think Willis will score about the way Farrior does. Could he surpass that? Sure, that's possible.... but I wonder what he'd do as an MLB in a 4-3..... instant stud, slam dunk.

Farrior was #12 for LB's and 35th overall in our league last year. Take away Ryans stud season last year and those numbers would look decent for a rookie.

But if your right...that would be too high a pick for Farrior. But if someone is drafting for depth and really does not identify any needs, you can't go wrong picking Wills there I don't think...but I likely won't take him even at #12 this year because I have Farrior now that I got him and a 2nd rounder for Julius Jones.

Edited by CarryTheRock

Wow Gaines Adams and Beck went high and Meachem went pretty low.

There were a handful of bad picks IMO. Okoye and Beck going in the first round were just awful as far as I'm concerned. Meachem going after Bowe, Jarrett and Ginn doesn't make sense either. Oh well, I wasn't expecting to have Pos available in the second round but I'll take it.