[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Link your dynasty draft here

Bronco Billy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really is starting to bother me is that I may HAVE to take Alexander with the 1.12.

Great value but he absolutely killed me last year in 2 different leagues! :D

Or do I take Westy there????????

Edited by tbimm

What really is starting to bother me is that I may HAVE to take Alexander with the 1.12.

I hear ya.

Last season I was playing my first pay league, and I somehow got the first pick(never had that before) and yes, I picked Alexander...

Bastard :D

Or do I take Westy there????????

thats gives you the 1.01 rook pick?

I know its a dynasty, but i dont think i could bring myself to take westbrook over Alexander...even if he does only have a few more years left in his tank. westbrooks put up some nice numbers but he cant seem to play all 16 games in a season, and alexander was pretty steady up until last year.

tough choice

Edited by Robash

I know its a dynasty, but i dont think i could bring myself to take westbrook over Alexander...even if he does only have a few more years left in his tank. westbrooks put up some nice numbers but he cant seem to play all 16 games in a season, and alexander was pretty steady up until last year.

tough choice

I traded out of the 1.01 rook pick and now have the 1.05 rook and 1.10 rook as well as moving up several positions in a couple of vet rounds!

2 more picks before me and there are still a # of quality backs available. I did have to move back 4 spots in the 2nd with one of my deals but feel I will still get excellant value at the 2.05

Edited by tbimm

After much debate I decided on Westy over Alexander and thus SA falls into the 2nd round.

Nevermind SA fell to me at the 2.05 so no decision to be made. I will have to concentrate on young RB's later in the draft but from where I was picking I have to be happy with SA and Westy in my starting backfield!

Edited by tbimm

Wow never expected to wind up with those 2 backs from where I was picking.

yea and you should be able to pick up a top flight receiver also if you choose to go that route in the third

Man this draft is not going as I would have hoped at all :D .

Sounds like you're getting caught up in the flow. Try switching gears and going after either BPA regardless of position or getting a jump on a position & starting a run of your own. If you an accomplish that players you wanted should start dropping those few extra picks to you.

Sounds like you're getting caught up in the flow. Try switching gears and going after either BPA regardless of position or getting a jump on a position & starting a run of your own. If you an accomplish that players you wanted should start dropping those few extra picks to you.

Thats just it there doesnt seem to be any real flow to this draft. There is alot of trading of draft picks going on so as I am watching teams needs as a guide to when I should select players I want, all of the sudden someone else is picking before me. Every positional run except the freakin PK has begun, stopped, then started again.

Picks and thoughts behind them;

1.12 B Westbrook-PPR 8th scoring player in this scoring system

2.05 S Alexander- Was considering him in the 1.12 and just couldnt pass on him this late

3.08 D Brees-3 QB's already off the board and he wasnt 1 of em. Homer pick, 5th scoring in format

4.01 J Walker- WR's flying off the board and we start 3

5.03 J Cotchery- This is where I got stuck. Started seeing an aging team and looked for some youth.

6.01 G Jennings- All the young RB's I was eyeing were gone so I went WR again.

Thats just it there doesnt seem to be any real flow to this draft. There is alot of trading of draft picks going on so as I am watching teams needs as a guide to when I should select players I want, all of the sudden someone else is picking before me. Every positional run except the freakin PK has begun, stopped, then started again.

Picks and thoughts behind them;

1.12 B Westbrook-PPR 8th scoring player in this scoring system

2.05 S Alexander- Was considering him in the 1.12 and just couldnt pass on him this late

3.08 D Brees-3 QB's already off the board and he wasnt 1 of em. Homer pick, 5th scoring in format

4.01 J Walker- WR's flying off the board and we start 3

5.03 J Cotchery- This is where I got stuck. Started seeing an aging team and looked for some youth.

6.01 G Jennings- All the young RB's I was eyeing were gone so I went WR again.

Quick question before I say too much. Are any of these other guys Huddlers?

well what pick was your origonal first? Similiar situation to you it seams...tried my best to win as many games as possible which turned out to be 4, so i wouldnt say i tanked it but i definately got rid of the old guys for younger talent and picks. but hopefully after this draft class i can win a couple more games this year.

1.02 Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB ®

1.03 Johnson, Calvin DET WR ®

1.07 Willis, Patrick SFO LB ®

1.10 Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR ®

1.13 Jarrett, Dwayne CAR WR ®

1.16 Beason, Jon CAR LB ®

2.01 Olsen, Greg CHI TE ®

2.03 Stanton, Drew DET QB ®

2.15 Pittman, Antonio NOS RB ®

3.02 Leonard, Brian STL RB ®

4.07 Siler, Brandon SDC LB ®

5.03 Rouse, Aaron GBP S ®

6.03 Huston, Josh NYG PK ®

You kidding?

Did you make a trade with each member of your league?

You kidding?

Did you make a trade with each member of your league?

not exactly....

2006 Trades

Robash sends: Carnell Williams/Michael Pittman/Earnest Graham/3.5 (2006)/$5

***** sends: Ahman Green/1.2 (2006)/2007 first

Robash gives 1.2 2006 rookie

***** gives J Jones/T Lehman/2007 1rst (*****)

Lajes FC gives Johnson, Derrick O. KCC LB

***** gives 2007 1rst rookie pick

***** gives: Travis Wilson, *****'s 2007 2nd-round pick, and 6 doubloons

Robash gives: Eddie Kennison and his 2007 3rd-round pick

Lajes FC sends A Green/C Emmons

***** sends *****'s 07 2nd/*****'s 07 3rd/$6

2007 trade

***** Sends: 2007 1.10 and 1.16

Robash sends: His 2008 1st

basically traded with 5 teams out of 16, so not eveyone...i think i came out on top of everyone of those trades, trading Vets on thier last leg for picks in this years draft. Basically got lucky with teams needing/wanting points now than in the future. I could have easily finished last in the league but i tried to remain as competative as possible and ended up with 4 wins with what i had, once did i field a somewhat shady lineup...meaning i had to start Jim Sorgi at QB because Eli was on a bye and i had noone else

was this tanking? i dont think so...my team would of finished about where it did anyways, so i decided to get much younger. Figured I get younger and lose instead of older with the same result.

not exactly....

2006 Trades

2007 trade

basically traded with 5 teams out of 16, so not eveyone...i think i came out on top of everyone of those trades, trading Vets on thier last leg for picks in this years draft. Basically got lucky with teams needing/wanting points now than in the future. I could have easily finished last in the league but i tried to remain as competative as possible and ended up with 4 wins with what i had, once did i field a somewhat shady lineup...meaning i had to start Jim Sorgi at QB because Eli was on a bye and i had noone else

was this tanking? i dont think so...my team would of finished about where it did anyways, so i decided to get much younger. Figured I get younger and lose instead of older with the same result.

KO great job wheeling and dealing, I dont know how in gods name someone gave you a 1st round pick for D Johnson.

It had to be a low 1st rounder, cause if it wasnt than the trade was as bad as can be for that guy

One but he isnt a regular.PM me if it's too specific

I see you went with Miami instead of your other idea. :D Hope I didn't turn you off of it, it actually might have been a pretty good strategy.

KO great job wheeling and dealing, I dont know how in gods name someone gave you a 1st round pick for D Johnson.

It had to be a low 1st rounder, cause if it wasnt than the trade was as bad as can be for that guy

put it this way in the top 30 scorers in our league last year there were 1 wr, 1 S, 8 RB's, 9 QB's, 11 LB's.

so LB's are valuable

I see you went with Miami instead of your other idea. :D Hope I didn't turn you off of it, it actually might have been a pretty good strategy.

Take a look at last years top player points for DEF and you will understand why I did that!

No. 3 trades pre draft. these guys are trading picks like candy! Some trades made just to make a trade :D

I wish I could have done that last year. No one wanted to trade picks during the season.

tough choice

Westbrook put some nice numbers last season but every week you didn't know if he'd play. Pure torture.

Edge in the 4th round?

Edge owners what do you think?

Edited by Randall