[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spiderman 3

dabuffbills

Went to see the midnight showing, 3 or 4 theaters were filled for this movie and it's supposed to be one of the biggest movies of the summer...but it wasn't all that great. The special effects and the fight scenes were well done, but the story line was not developed enough. It is supposed to be the last movie in the trilogy, but the ending and the weak plot left me wanting my money back. Overall, i probably give it a C+.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to see the midnight showing, 3 or 4 theaters were filled for this movie and it's supposed to be one of the biggest movies of the summer...but it wasn't all that great. The special effects and the fight scenes were well done, but the story line was not developed enough. It is supposed to be the last movie in the trilogy, but the ending and the weak plot left me wanting my money back. Overall, i probably give it a C+.

:D

I thought I heard Spidey 4 was already in the works and Tobey signed on to keep playing Spidey.

That's what most of the reviews seem to be coming back with...disappointing, but I'm sure I'll still go.

I think 1 and 2 are pretty weak movies at best. SM2 has the better story and really good FX but I'd rather watch Dallas win a game then go see SM3.

Toby/Dunst just can't really act and the writers can't move the story.

I think 1 and 2 are pretty weak movies at best. SM2 has the better story and really good FX but I'd rather watch Dallas win a game then go see SM3.

Toby/Dunst just can't really act and the writers can't move the story.

Comic book :D

Keep in mind these movie critics most likely have never read a comic book.

And keep in mind that I have been collecting Spiderman comics for over 20 years now. I was pretty miffed with the first movie, although it was entertaining, that they took quite a few liberties with the Green Goblin storyline from the comics, but hey, that's Hollywood.

I was meh on the second movie.

From what I've read about the 3rd, way before the trailers first started coming out, I was already thinking it was going to be too complicated, not to mention the whole bastardization of several main story lines from the comics. Now from what I've heard on how his black costume came into being for this movie, it's a complete farce. Granted there was no way they could do a recap of Secret Wars, as the average Joe Movie Goer would have no idea what it was, but what they did in the movie is just stupid. I have no idea why they decided to incorporate Green Goblin II, Sandman, and Venom all in one movie, as really none of them have a uniting thread throughout the comic series. This movie will make a ton of money probably, but not one dime of it will come from me. I'll catch it on TBS in a couple of years instead.

But hey, to each their own. If you guys like it, then cool, have fun.

And keep in mind that I have been collecting Spiderman comics for over 20 years now. I was pretty miffed with the first movie, although it was entertaining, that they took quite a few liberties with the Green Goblin storyline from the comics, but hey, that's Hollywood.

I've been collecting for about 15. The last two movies had me glued while in the theatres, eventhough there a few parts that could have been left out, but were only included for the public. And that is Hollywood, I agree, look at the X-Men and Batman, even the last Superman movie. They don't stick to the comics, but when they throw in some Easter egg, only the comic book people are the ones laughing. How many people do you think watch for the Stan Lee cameo in the Spider-Man movies? Or how many people knew that Peter's professor is going to be a future villian?

From what I've read about the 3rd, way before the trailers first started coming out, I was already thinking it was going to be too complicated, not to mention the whole bastardization of several main story lines from the comics. Now from what I've heard on how his black costume came into being for this movie, it's a complete farce. Granted there was no way they could do a recap of Secret Wars, as the average Joe Movie Goer would have no idea what it was, but what they did in the movie is just stupid. I have no idea why they decided to incorporate Green Goblin II, Sandman, and Venom all in one movie, as really none of them have a uniting thread throughout the comic series.

They don't have a uniting thread in the comics, but I can see that this movie is all about revenge. And that's the tie for all 3 of them. The script is trying to fit alot into one movie. I think Venom should have been a whole separate deal, and he might carry over into the 4th movie. (depending on how the 3rd ends)

We just have to deal with what the director gives us. Whether Mary Jane is being thrown off the bridge instead of Gwen Stacy or there's a skinny Venom, I'm just happy there's movies out there better than the live action movie from the 80's. :D

From what I've read about the 3rd, way before the trailers first started coming out, I was already thinking it was going to be too complicated, not to mention the whole bastardization of several main story lines from the comics. Now from what I've heard on how his black costume came into being for this movie, it's a complete farce. Granted there was no way they could do a recap of Secret Wars, as the average Joe Movie Goer would have no idea what it was, but what they did in the movie is just stupid. I have no idea why they decided to incorporate Green Goblin II, Sandman, and Venom all in one movie, as really none of them have a uniting thread throughout the comic series. This movie will make a ton of money probably, but not one dime of it will come from me. I'll catch it on TBS in a couple of years instead.

But hey, to each their own. If you guys like it, then cool, have fun.

I've been collecting for about 15. The last two movies had me glued while in the theatres, eventhough there a few parts that could have been left out, but were only included for the public. And that is Hollywood, I agree, look at the X-Men and Batman, even the last Superman movie. They don't stick to the comics, but when they throw in some Easter egg, only the comic book people are the ones laughing. How many people do you think watch for the Stan Lee cameo in the Spider-Man movies? Or how many people knew that Peter's professor is going to be a future villian?

They don't have a uniting thread in the comics, but I can see that this movie is all about revenge. And that's the tie for all 3 of them. The script is trying to fit alot into one movie. I think Venom should have been a whole separate deal, and he might carry over into the 4th movie. (depending on how the 3rd ends)

We just have to deal with what the director gives us. Whether Mary Jane is being thrown off the bridge instead of Gwen Stacy or there's a skinny Venom, I'm just happy there's movies out there better than the live action movie from the 80's. :tup:

Ooh! Ooh! I know. The Lizard! :D