[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spiderman 3

dabuffbills

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did get the sense for SM3 that they were doing exactly what happened with the Batman series. Each move had to be more and more over the top. 1 villan, then 2, then throw in Batgirl. I mean that last Batman movie with George Cloony was a farce. Who directed that, Bruckheimer? I don't really understand the need to go over the top, when surely, Venom, or Harry Osborne could be a movie to their own. I don't remember as much about the Sandman.

Never collected comics, but have seen every episode of the Spideman cartoon. :D

Saw SP3 last night. I went in with lowered expectations and enjoyed myself enough. The story is on the weaker side-- they tried to fit too much in and had one villian too many. Oddly enough, my vote would have been to cut out Sandman and not Venom, but that would have been difficult with what a movie like this needs to accomplish.

Go for the action and you shouldn't be too disappointed, but the story is lacking.

I just scored a copy of Waterman #27 "The Fanboy Cage-Match" It's the one where he takes on TimC and the redneck Trekkie posse. Freaking killer and you know that baby is going right into a plastic sleeve.

Just saw it. I enjoyed it, but I think this one won't be one you watch over and over again. There was good development of Peter, Mary Jand and Harry, but the plotlines of Venom, the Goblin and Sandman didn't get nearly the attention they deserved.

Saw it this afternoon with the kids. Honestly, it was just awful. I enjoyed the first two Spidey movies, but this one was obviously written by the same people who write for "24."

They totally lost me after Peter Parker started dancing.

Saw it this afternoon with the kids. Honestly, it was just awful. I enjoyed the first two Spidey movies, but this one was obviously written by the same people who write for "24."

They totally lost me after Peter Parker started dancing.

I actually thought the Peter Parker strutting was funny.

I was hoping for more. I saw it, glad that I saw, but never have to see it again except for when my son will want to watch it over and over when it comes out on dvd.

Edited by Venus

I'm a big comic fan and still think spiderman 3 sucked big sweaty balls. it was way too campy and they tried to fit too much into one flick. Take out all of the venom crap and the stupid coincidences that go along with him and you could salvage a decent movie... maybe. the speciall effects were good and the chick that played gwen stacy was pretty hot.

btw, what the f*ck happened to spiderman's spidey sense? i know venom cancels it out but he didn't have it when he was fighting Harry or sandman. this movie pisses me off the more i think about it.

Edited by Vote Quimby2

I'm a big comic fan and still think spiderman 3 sucked big sweaty balls. it was way too campy and they tried to fit too much into one flick. Take out all of the venom crap and the stupid coincidences that go along with him and you could salvage a decent movie... maybe. the speciall effects were good and the chick that played gwen stacy was pretty hot.

btw, what the f*ck happened to spiderman's spidey sense? i know venom cancels it out but he didn't have it when he was fighting Harry or sandman. this movie pisses me off the more i think about it.

That's actually a very good point. Harry pretty much surprises the crap out of Peter early on in the movie.

.......and the chick that played gwen stacy was pretty hot.

That's actually Ron Howard's daughter, and she was smokin' hot. She certainly didn't look that good in 'The Lady in the Water'.

I give the movie a big thumbs down :D , and I'm usually pretty easy to please when it comes to movies.

took my wife -- er, dragged my wife to see it last night. i enjoyed the action scenes, but i didn't like it as much as the first and second, both of which i loved. they said this was the longest of the three, and i thought there was a LOT they could've trimmed. tobey maguire is a decent actor, but seeing him get all weepy in a summer action movie is lame. however, i thought they dealt nicely with fitting all the villains in, and i loved venom.

also agreed that bryce dallas howard looked smokin' hot. where'd that come from?

I saw it last night and thought it was decent. I'll warn everyone and state that the dance scene was pretty painful to watch. Half the theater was laughing while half was groaning.

this is all I need to know - uh, no thanks.

Nothing worse thant these flicks getting too campy -

I really thought it sucked. Agreed with the comment about it heading down the same path as Batman. Too many villains, and the story was garbage. They really should have just concentrated on Venom.

I really thought it sucked. Agreed with the comment about it heading down the same path as Batman. Too many villains, and the story was garbage. They really should have just concentrated on Venom.

I agree (as I did in earlier posts) that they had one villian too many, but SM3, as disappointing as it may have been to many, is nowhere near as bad as Batman & Robin. :D

I too am a long-time comic book reader. The action scenes were cool as always, particularly the Marvel Team-Up! aspect of the finale, which I thought was fantastic. Both the Venom & Sandman effects were great. BUT, considering how the character is handled here, I'm starting to hate Dunst's Mary Jane, which ruins the non-hero parts for me, of which there were plenty. In the end, I really wanted to like #3, but ultimately was extremely disappointed.